ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Any Religious Guys Pray Over Your Bets?

Lot of religious talk lately. I wonder if any guys say a prayer or a blessing before hitting "confirm. God works miracles. Look at Tebow. I can remember a game denver vs chicago. I had denver and chicago was up. All they had to do was run out the clock. One more first down and would have been able to run the clock out. Forte runs for the first down but fumbles and denver recovers. Kicks a fg and wins. I know many remember this game. Surely God did this. Maybe prayer is the key. I am going to try this. Maybe a thread. Says no where in the bible that gambling is bad or a sin. Amen

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Quote Originally Posted by ttrace35 View Post
    Lot of religious talk lately. I wonder if any guys say a prayer or a blessing before hitting "confirm. God works miracles. Look at Tebow. I can remember a game denver vs chicago. I had denver and chicago was up. All they had to do was run out the clock. One more first down and would have been able to run the clock out. Forte runs for the first down but fumbles and denver recovers. Kicks a fg and wins. I know many remember this game. Surely God did this. Maybe prayer is the key. I am going to try this. Maybe a thread. Says no where in the bible that gambling is bad or a sin. Amen
    No, should not pray for bets. If you find yourself in that situation it is time to quit gambling. Why would God contribute to your disease? That is like saying if you are a druggie, and prayed to God to find some money to buy drugs.
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave Seaweed 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless. (Ecclesiastes 5:10, NIV)

"No servant can serve two masters. [Jesus said.] Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." (Luke 16:13, NIV)

For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
    (1 Timothy 6:10, NIV)

Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave Seaweed 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    No, should not pray for bets. If you find yourself in that situation it is time to quit gambling. Why would God contribute to your disease? That is like saying if you are a druggie, and prayed to God to find some money to buy drugs.
    I dont agree with the analogy. Drugs are bad. And dont help you become prosperous. Gambling winnings help you become proserous.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

For the few here with retirement vehicles in the markets YOU ARE GAMBLING

Seaweed
    Update your status

I dont agree with the analogy. Drugs are bad. And dont help you become prosperous. Gambling winnings help you become proserous.
    Both are an addiction that are detrimental to your health. Drugs can be good to, but when abused, they are not. Gambling when abused, can cause all sorts of problems. Moderation won't create a problem, but excessive gambling will cause all sorts of negative side effects.

ttrace35

Seaweed i dont see a direct mention of gambling. Preachers are rich and they pray a lot. Like the guy in the bahamas that died yesterday in the plane crash. Pastor had his own lear jet. Tracer wants a leer jet too.

ttrace35

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    For the few here with retirement vehicle in the markets YOU ARE GAMBLING
    good point samuel. Investments are gambles

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave Sam Odom 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ttrace35

Yes. I know about this thead samuel.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I use to

Athough Bible says no

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I pray to be the best I can be, to make good decisions, stay out of trouble (I ain't eva goin back to jail), and to spread happiness to the ones I care about.

And trust me, when I'm winning, it's much easier to spread happiness to those I care about.

BTL
    BTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Once when I was overbetting I got down and got mad and decided to go Martingale to get it back. I prayed to the Gambling Gods that if they were benevolent, I would never bet stupid again. Put it on the under on Baylor-Oklahoma State and it cashed. I credit them for the win along with the 28 degree weather. Thank you Gambling Gods, Oh Mighty Ones!!

TheLangster
    TheLangster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1675

what happens if you are praying for the under and some other shmuck is praying for the over? what then?

does god interrupt the game so they both get a refund?

does the team that has the most people praying for it win?

BTL

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    what happens if you are praying for the under and some other shmuck is praying for the over? what then?

does god interrupt the game so they both get a refund?

does the team that has the most people praying for it win?
    Depends on who is praying harder and who the Gambling Gods love more.

TheLangster

Quote Originally Posted by BTL View Post
    there are no gambling gods, that is propaganda perpetrated by the vegas agenda. there is only one true god, revealed to us through the embodiment of his son Jesus Christ, praised be thy name, amen.
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave TheLangster 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheLangster

Quote Originally Posted by BTL View Post

maybe the side that god has his money on wins, I doubt that god would let his bet lose just cause some clueless degenerate went all in on the jets

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

I try not too. I have lost so much over the last 15+ years that I don't think even prayer would help me on some of my bad beats.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Any Religious Guys Pray Over Your Bets?
    only my teasers

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

fa/gs and lesbians are destroying the christian societies
    -Brother Nathanael
    Last edited by Scorpion; 11-11-14 at 04:12 PM.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

i say "please god" at least 15-20 times on a normal college football saturday and nfl sunday. does that count?
    Points Awarded:

ttrace35 gave mcdonae101 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

After this weekend I am certain that Jesus is not an LSU backer.

Snicklefritz
    Snicklefritz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

In order for God to perform miracles on sporting events, He requires a higher number of prayers on the winning side, than the losing one.

BTL

Quote Originally Posted by TheLangster View Post
    there are no gambling gods, that is propaganda perpetrated by the vegas agenda. there is only one true god, revealed to us through the embodiment of his son Jesus Christ, praised be thy name, amen.
    Oh, they exist. Don't go falling for that one true God stuff. There are many and they are all bastards.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

There's gotta be a saint out there that you can pray to that would be a better option. Patron saint of chance, or opportunity, or something like that.

Depending on what it's for, I pray to different saints. Based on the idea that God doesn't have time for my BS, and the saints are probably just happy somebody remembered them. Hey, it's just as plausible as anything else out there.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would think gambling does more financial damage than drugs

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i do not think it is right to ask god to make you win a specific wager. That is not something you should ask for.

However i see nothing wrong with asking god to give you the brain power, confidence, and knowledge to trust your gut and handicap games to your best ability so that you can reach your full potential and later give back to the community.

Just remember to stay humble. Always give thanks and dont take shit for granted.
    Points Awarded:

ttrace35 gave Big Bear 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

The more bets you win, the bigger your 10% is. God knows this, of course he wants you to win.

ttrace35

Good point krak. You saying i should start paying my 10 percent weekly at the local church?

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Get the fuk a hold of yourselves men. Threads like this are a downward spiral.

Spend more time capping, less time bible-ing.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Tracer maybe one week. After that, you should see a sharp increase in win%. Then don't go back. Pocket the profits

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Corbins prayers usually end up with same result.... the gloryhole

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

It is really amazing at the response of many when the word "GOD" is mentioned.....Many deny, make insecure jokes,act tough but are just separated from "OUR CREATOR" our "SOURCE", the "UNIVERSE"..... Be CAREFUL because when you are very low and in a very bad place and down on your knees,,,,THERE IS ONLY ONE SOURCE TO TURN TO AND THE OMNIPOTENT IS ALWAYS THERE AND ALWAYS FAITHFUL.
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave boomer62 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    It is really amazing at the response of many when the word "GOD" is mentioned.....Many deny, make insecure jokes,act tough but are just separated from "OUR CREATOR" our "SOURCE", the "UNIVERSE"..... Be CAREFUL because when you are very low and in a very bad place and down on your knees,,,,THERE IS ONLY ONE SOURCE TO TURN TO AND THE OMNIPOTENT IS ALWAYS THERE AND ALWAYS FAITHFUL.
    What he said...

12 Last