PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    BecAuse all America is going to do is look at last week at see they beat a ranked Utah team than assume ASU is great.

They are the most overvalued team in the top 25. Remeber their "BIG" game against UCLA on Thursday night in prime time. UCLA steamrolled them. And Notre Dame is 2 touchdowns better than UCLA. Another disaster in the desert here.

Gotta love all these "experts"
    ASU's starting QB was injured for that UCLA game pal

Getting all the facts straight

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post

Except Berkavicci (sp?) is a better pocket passer, better arm. Kelly is mobile, creates wrinkles. Lots of people around here wanted Kelly benched during that Utah game.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    Except Berkavicci (sp?) is a better pocket passer, better arm. Kelly is mobile, creates wrinkles. Lots of people around here wanted Kelly benched during that Utah game.
    It is true that their backup is pretty solid, or got lucky and had a few good games haha

But Kelly is the better QB, especially when 100% healthy

PAYTON20

QB controversy?
    For the second consecutive game, Taylor Kelly did not play like himself in last week's 19-16 victory over Utah. Although the senior quarterback ran the zone read well, he misfired on some throws he normally makes. Fans on social media called for backup Mike Bercovici, who led ASU to two wins during Kelly's recovery, but Graham is sticking with Kelly.
    "He's undefeated (this season),'' the coach said. "A lot of that's our job to transition him back. You miss six weeks (from a foot injury), and he's come back and played against two really good defenses, but he's a winner and he's getting better every rep. Obviously, we got to do a better job protecting him."
    After a slow start against Utah, Kelly completed 8 of 11 for 98 yards in Saturday's fourth quarter. Overall, he completed 18 of 32 for 205 yards and a touchdown with one interception. The biggest problem Graham saw: Kelly put the ball in jeopardy too many times.
    "There were at least two, probably three times the other night that we could've very easily turned the ball over if the other team doesn't drop the ball," Graham said. "We got to be smart about that."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...-asu/18439237/

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You guys are amazing. NONE of you have the slightest idea of how these lines are set. Is anyone winning overall this season in here? I really doubt it. Most of you guys do not even wager, so you can stop the B.S. about that. You fools that have to wager on efvery game, or at least claim to, are the biggest losers of all.

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    but will the fans be rowdy for a noon local start game?

They will have to get up pretty early if they are going to be wasted by kickoff
    "ASU on Saturday hosts the Fighting Irish, a game the fan base has eagerly anticipated for years. School officials already have called the contest a sellout. Students are camping out around Wells Fargo Arena in hopes of getting the best seats in their section."

AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN
    Go CARDS!!!
    AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

ASU has been finding ways to win games all season, Didn't matter which QB was playing. Other then Stanford, who else have they beat this year.
    Last edited by AZ*SUN*iBET4FUN; 11-06-14 at 03:44 PM.

albinoshark
    albinoshark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2069

A win for ASU will post themselves for a long awaited Playoff contention in its football history,... I know it sounds cliche, but there's a lot riding on that.... Sold out stadium (students even having trouble getting tickets)...place will be F-G loud. Yes, J. Hood (Big D player) is out for personal reasons...Soph Vilimi Latu is in...ASU to stop the Irish in a high scoring game...

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    ND had trouble with Navy and NC; they also beat Stanford (at home) by only three and Stanford is probably on par with ASU; lean to ASU.
    NC was a "sandwich game. Navy a look ahead. And Stanford was played in a hurricane. ASU didn't play great last week, either, in a "look ahead" game. They happen.

I think ASU wins this game because Schmidt being out on defense is a bigger loss than people think. Notre Dame's defense is very young and I think they've gone as far as they can go. I think their youth catches up to them this weekend. I think it will be a high scorer.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

game is saturday its wednesday.

if notre dame loses this game they wont get in playoffs

i was not expecting to see them a dog
    People basically say the same thing about teams every year around this time, such and such need to win for such and such to happen and then they lose, Notre Dame is far from a world beater.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    NC was a "sandwich game. Navy a look ahead. And Stanford was played in a hurricane. ASU didn't play great last week, either, in a "look ahead" game. They happen.

I think ASU wins this game because Schmidt being out on defense is a bigger loss than people think. Notre Dame's defense is very young and I think they've gone as far as they can go. I think their youth catches up to them this weekend. I think it will be a high scorer.
    Time to let the excuses go for Dame bro, they are just another top 25 team nothing really special.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

other than stanford who has notre dame beat?

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    You could argue Florida State IF the refs didn't screw them. But if they win this weekend, then the "who they beat" question will be put to rest.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Nobody and Stanford has beaten nobody either.

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Time to let the excuses go for Dame bro, they are just another top 25 team nothing really special.
    It's not excuses. This is a betting forum. When do we usually bet against favorites? When they have a big game the following week. If you don't know that, then you need to go to Betting School 101.

I can also tell you that Navy always plays ND tough. It's a rivalry game. Our offense gives teams that don't normally see it problems. It's not the easiest offense to defend. Hell, we should have beat Ohio State the first game of the year if we didn't lose one of our best players in the 4th player.
    Last edited by navyblue81; 11-06-14 at 04:43 PM.

rocket31
    rocket31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

"ASU on Saturday hosts the Fighting Irish, a game the fan base has eagerly anticipated for years. School officials already have called the contest a sellout. Students are camping out around Wells Fargo Arena in hopes of getting the best seats in their section."
    but everyone always says ND is irrelevant, why are students camping out for an irrelevant team?

jtoler

It's not excuses. This is a betting forum. When do we usually bet against favorites? When they have a big game the following week. If you don't know that, then you need to go to Betting School 101.
    Thing is if they blew those schools out then the look ahead excuse wouldnt even be used. On one hand the defense is young, on the other its a look ahead game, if the defense is young it doesnt matter when the game is played they are gonna give up points regardless. If ND loses it wont be because one LB is missing either, itll be because Arizona St. isnt a Navy or UNC.

navyblue81

Thing is if they blew those schools out then the look ahead excuse wouldnt even be used. On one hand the defense is young, on the other its a look ahead game, if the defense is young it doesnt matter when the game is played they are gonna give up points regardless. If ND loses it wont be because one LB is missing either, itll be because Arizona St. isnt a Navy or UNC.
    Well, my personal opinion on Notre Dame is they don't have the talent that some of the big boys have, which is why they don't blow teams out, although you could argue Golson is as talented as any quarterback in college football. Next year they may match up with any team in college football as their youth has promise.

However, I do believe Brian Kelly has done an amazing job getting this team as far as he has and I think he is as good as anyone preparing them for big games. For example, FSU is a far more talented team than ND, but ND outplayed them and outcoached them in that game last month. I think they're good at finding a way to win which is why I would never bet against them when they're an underdog.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

the voice of reason

PAYTON20

Quote Originally Posted by rocket31 View Post
    but everyone always says ND is irrelevant, why are students camping out for an irrelevant team?
    I didn't say Notre Dame was irrelevant? What does this have to do w/ capping the game anyway?

Bear made a comment that since it's an earlier game, the ASU fans may not come out or be ready

Just pointing out that this is a false assumption

jtoler

Well, my personal opinion on Notre Dame is they don't have the talent that some of the big boys have, which is why they don't blow teams out, although you could argue Golson is as talented as any quarterback in college football. Next year they may match up with any team in college football as their youth has promise.

However, I do believe Brian Kelly has done an amazing job getting this team as far as he has and I think he is as good as anyone preparing them for big games. For example, FSU is a far more talented team than ND, but ND outplayed them and outcoached them in that game last month. I think they're good at finding a way to win which is why I would never bet against them when they're an underdog.
    I pretty much agree, think Kelly is the key really, he's really good and is the reason I dont like to bet against them. Think Golson has good ats there too.
    Last edited by jtoler; 11-06-14 at 06:33 PM.

navyblue81

I would check the injury report before betting. Notre Dame lost four defenders in that game against Navy, two LBs and two DLs. Schmidt is out, the other guys are questionable. If all four are out, you may see an all freshman defense next week. Notre Dame's defense is depleted already with the 4 suspensions.
    Points Awarded:

ParlayininHTown gave navyblue81 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Your telling me Taylor Kelly wins that game? .

And how about UCLA's 62 points?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Your telling me Taylor Kelly wins that game? .

And how about UCLA's 62 points?
    yeah 62 points is embarassing.

But maybe ASU cut some of those defensive players and found new ones

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Navy opponents are 1-6 the week after playing Navy this year. ND defense lost 4 players for the week from the Navy game. ASU or no play here.

3irish13
    3irish13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1449

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    Navy opponents are 1-6 the week after playing Navy this year. ND defense lost 4 players for the week from the Navy game. ASU or no play here.
    Sat, Aug 30 vs Ohio State L 34 - 17 Final
    Sat, Sep 6 @ Temple W 31 - 24 Final
    Sat, Sep 13 @ Texas State W 35 - 21 Final
    Sat, Sep 20 vs Rutgers L 31 - 24 Final
    Sat, Sep 27 vs Western Kentucky L 36 - 27 Final
    Sat, Oct 4 @ Air Force L 21 - 30 Final
    Sat, Oct 11 vs VMI W 14 - 51 Final
    Sat, Oct 25 vs San Jose State W 31 - 41 Final
    Sat, Nov 1 vs Notre Dame L 49 - 39 Final

That stat means nothing look at who Navy has played this year, of course teams lose the week after because they are not good teams. And no one blows Navy out.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 01-30-15 at 01:19 PM. Reason: image does not exist

jtoler

What he's trying to say though is that playing Navy is a grinding affair that takes a toll on a team.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

What he's trying to say though is that playing Navy is a grinding affair that takes a toll on a team.
    Dude is an Irish homer I can only guess by his handle so he doesn't get it..

rocket31
    rocket31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    4 players? Im seeing only one chief

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

While I am absolutely aware that this will sound ludicrous, that blasting that ASU took from UCLA was actually a hell of a lot closer than it looks. A QB making his first start; ASU having the ball in the red zone just before the half only to have pick-6, UCLA then running back the second half kickoff.... Looking at the score in a vacuum doesn't really tell the whole story. I suppose I have to add a disclaimer--I attended Arizona State, so make of it what you will. Anyways--Sun Devils by a field goal. Beat UA later in the month, upset Oregon in Pac12 title game--who know what can happen after that?

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Everett Golston is unstopable.

I agree with the rest of what you are saying

But Everett is a turnover machine

navyblue81

Quote Originally Posted by rocket31 View Post
    4 players? Im seeing only one chief
    4 players got hurt in that game, but I think 3 of them are back this week.

However, the more I listen to experts and read up on this game, the more I lean towards ASU. Sounds like Joe Schmidt being out is going to be a bigger deal than I thought. He's the play-caller and leader of that defense and going up against the type of offense ASU has, the MLB is key. Leaning towards ASU in this game.

albinoshark

"People basically say the same thing about teams every year around this time, such and such need to win for such and such to happen and then they lose, Notre Dame is far from a world beater."

Because it happens to be absolutely relevant. And those "such and such" teams do win,
    Last edited by albinoshark; 11-07-14 at 04:29 PM.

albinoshark

I pretty much agree, think Kelly is the key really, he's really good and is the reason I dont like to bet against them. Think Golson has good ats there too.
    Ok thanks, Ill go with that "Beacuse hes really good" ...brilliant insight.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

Greg McElroy broke down the game on Mad Dog radio today and brought up some interesting points. He says ASU will win, as they pressure the QB on 55% of defensive snaps, and Golston severely struggles under pressure and has a tendency to turn the ball over. On the flip side, sounds like ND's middle linebacker is out, which could be crushing for their defense.

First 1234 Last