sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Sneaker I said his IQ could solve world hunger? Does that not count
    His forehead is big enough to be considered its own planet, does that count?

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well if we are comparing it to Brady's yes!!

Ra77er

You new england guys get rattled so easily, too bad all your teams had to win at everything

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Big Ben smokes both of them.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Quote Originally Posted by stefan084 View Post
    5 yd dump off patterns and strong defense. hey dilfer did that too and got a ring
    uh no. dilfer had the best defense of ALL TIME behind him when the ravens won. pats defense was not even the best in the league that year

Kermit

Big Ben......

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4125

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Another Brady win at home again, woohoo! I wasn't surprised by this lost one bit. The Broncos were not going 15-1, but probably finish 12-4 or 13-3. This was definitely one of the games the Broncos will probably stunk it up in, it's not like it's a must win for them. The one win that has any meaning for Brady or Manning is what they do with what's left of their in career in the Post Season, Manning is 2-1 vs Brady in the AFC championship games, which win is bigger?
    Brady is 3-2 in Super Bowls, Manning is 1-2. Which wins are bigger?

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

big ben has yet to lose a super bowl, 2-0. he has 12 touchdowns over the span of 7 days. this argument is ridiculous unless he is included.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

brady has the goat record, he beat montana for most playoff wins ever (he is 18-8, montana 16-7). i like manning a lot and he is great, but he does have the most playoff losses ever with 12

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    big ben has yet to lose a super bowl, 2-0. he has 12 touchdowns over the span of 7 days. this argument is ridiculous unless he is included.
    Big Ben... Unreal...

texhooper

big ben is also 2-0 in rape cases. the guy can't lose a big game.

Ra77er

Well sneaker and rocky died on me, I will now support the Big Ben is better than brady or manning.

Ra77er

As stated above guy is above the law and undefeated in the biggest game on the planet.

Kermit

big ben is also 2-0 in rape cases. the guy can't lose a big game.
    Never charged though.

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Never charged though.
    the teflon qb.

also, this guy plays in pittsburgh and doesn't care if it's cold or windy. nice little throwback to the inclement weather in foxborough thread from earlier today. when have we ever even considered weather a factor with this boss hog behemoth of a man at qb roethlisberger? manning, brady, these guys are soft.

Ra77er

I once saw Ben throw a ball 73 yards with 2 linebackers draped on his back in the snow without gloves on. Fantasy owners have gone 6702 -74-2 when drafting Ben as their starter

texhooper

when he was at miami of ohio, god actually caught one of big ben's passes and laid it in the hands of his receiver in the middle of a hail storm. went down as an 81 yard touchdown reception, 72 yards in the air.
    Points Awarded:

shopbar picks gave texhooper 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

peepshow9
    peepshow9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1556

Tonight's Steelers game was exciting I'll give you that, But to put Rothlescheeseburger in the running with the likes of Manning/Brady come January is simply wishful.

Ra77er

finally some hard evidence to end this debate once and for all, no one is going to argue with God here unless they have a death wish. I'm convinced Ben is a divine QB sent straight from the pearly gates to Miami Ohio

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by peepshow9 View Post
    Tonight's Steelers game was exciting I'll give you that, But to put Rothlescheeseburger in the running with the likes of Manning/Brady come January is simply wishful.
    What has Manning done in January(or later) that Ben already hasn't..?

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brady vrs manning is just an awesome rivalry... why cant you folks just enjoy it? You dont see this all the time and when it happens its special. Ive always been a Brady guy, I think he is a top 3 QB of all time. I put Manning a shade outside the top 3, maybe 4th or 5th or 6th... But this is just one regular season game at Foxboro. Didn't a below average Denver defense hold Brady and the Pats to 10 points... in a playoff game just 10 months ago?

I believe Brady has cemented himself on the mount rushmore of all time QBs, no matter what he does the rest of his career... if he wins another Super Bowl? He's #1, no ifs ands or buts... as for Manning? if he wins another Super Bowl, he cements himself on the mount rushmore, I dont think he is there at this moment. If for some reason, Manning pulls a John Elway and wins 2 Super Bowls to end his career? Easily the #1 QB of all time.

The 3 best QBs of all time are Joe Montana, Tom Brady, and John Elway... Peyton is in the 4-6 range. Its debatable who is the 4th QB on Mt Rushmore

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Brady vrs manning is just an awesome rivalry... why cant you folks just enjoy it? You dont see this all the time and when it happens its special. Ive always been a Brady guy, I think he is a top 3 QB of all time. I put Manning a shade outside the top 3, maybe 4th or 5th or 6th... But this is just one regular season game at Foxboro. Didn't a below average Denver defense hold Brady and the Pats to 10 points... in a playoff game just 10 months ago?

I believe Brady has cemented himself on the mount rushmore of all time QBs, no matter what he does the rest of his career... if he wins another Super Bowl? He's #1, no ifs ands or buts... as for Manning? if he wins another Super Bowl, he cements himself on the mount rushmore, I dont think he is there at this moment. If for some reason, Manning pulls a John Elway and wins 2 Super Bowls to end his career? Easily the #1 QB of all time.

The 3 best QBs of all time are Joe Montana, Tom Brady, and John Elway... Peyton is in the 4-6 range. Its debatable who is the 4th QB on Mt Rushmore
    Why do you weigh superbowls so heavily in a team game where 1 bad bounce or fumble or bad call or whatever that might not even be the QBs fault can knock you out for the season? Most accomplished does not = "best"

Peyton just on talent and total career game in and game out has to be top 3....I personally think best

Basketball the only sport where I consider championships in individual ranking and even then not much

I feel ilke its a square/lazy way of looking at it

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Manning has had better talent around him on the offense event

texhooper

funny that stax would bring up elway and his two super bowls. we always talk about rings and how significant they are to a quarterback's legacy, but elway has 2 (and a pretty good carer to boot), and i never hear him talked about anymore. i don't think people really even remember that he got those two. but peyton manning (1-2 in super bowls) is the quintessential oc on the field, doesn't even need speakers in his helmet so they say. it's a weird dynamic.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Why do you weigh superbowls so heavily in a team game where 1 bad bounce or fumble or bad call or whatever that might not even be the QBs fault can knock you out for the season? Most accomplished does not = "best"

Peyton just on talent and total career game in and game out has to be top 3....I personally think best

Basketball the only sport where I consider championships in individual ranking and even then not much

I feel ilke its a square/lazy way of looking at it
    Bc when you are talking about the GREAT OF ALL TIME, its about Super Bowls, its about getting the most out of what you have to work with. Sure, stats mean a little, but a lot of QB have stats. when talking of the G.O.A.T. it becomes more about clutch play, big time games, comebacks, etc... against GOOD TEAMS in BIG GAMES. The QB touches the ball on 99.9% of all offensive plays, the QB is the most important position in football, and its not even close. The QB is the leader of the team, he is the field general, he is the coach on the field, he has a direct impact in every offensive play. The Qb is far and away themost omprtant position in football. So then you have to look at what a QB has to work with. I dont have anything against Manning, but being a top QB of all time goes a lot farther than stats, Im sorry. It means how much you got with the talent you are playing with. Manning has the best WR core and the best O-line in football, year in and year out. 1 Super Bowl ring... speaks for itself. I still see him as a borderline top 5 QB of all time even if he doesnt play another snap. Brady, Montana, Elway are the most clutch QBs of all time... look at the teams Elway got tot he Super Bowl in the 80's... not even a single star on the entire team other than himself. And look at Brady... no name WRs every year. Maning has all the studs sirrounding him and he cant seem to win the big one. The one he did win was against a shitty Chicago team with Rex Grossman at QB. Its still a SB ring, but cmon...

IMO, the best QB of all time is John Elway, and Im a Cleveland browns fan. No one ever got the most out of his team like John Elway did. He made 6 Super Bowls, and I cant name a single HOFer he ever played with... No way I would ever take another QB to lead my squad. Guy was as clutch as they came.

STAX

And it is why we love football so much that makes it the way it is... the best team doesnt alway win. Football doesnt have 5 and 7 game series, where the best team usually comes out on top. It is one game, winner take all. The best team doesnt always win... but I like to judge the best of all time based on these monumental moments in a QBs career. Alot of Qbs have stats, and because Manning has the best stats, he is considered one of the best of all time, just like Dan Marino was. I have no problem with this, whatsoever, but I do have a problem calling Manning the best ever when he is .500 in the playoffs, only has 1 title, and routinely has the most telent to work with (Manning, Marino). Sorry, not the best ever... Ill take the guy with not quite as good of stats, but wins the big game, and routinely gets the most out of what he is working with (Brady, Elway).

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Best qb of all time tony romo

texhooper

stax i still say manning doesn't need high level talent in the skill positions to be great and he has proven this. take this year, for example, who is his elite #1 receiver? no one who has been shit without him. other than that i agree with everything you have said.

STAX

Demarious Thomas is a top 3 WR in the NFL right now, and I think he would be top 10 on about any other team. Welker is a borderline HOFer (helped by Brady AND Manning), Peyton has made E. Sanders look awesome this year though. I give him that, and the same with Juice Thomas, Manning has made him as well. But in terms of talent, Juice is a top 10 TE, D Thomas a top 5 WR, throw in a two guys like Sanders and Welker, thats the best WR/TE core in the league, and would be on any team. Brady would put up similar numbers to Peyton with that O-line and that WR core. In fact, the years Brady DID have supreme offensive talent around him he broke the TD mark. He threw for 4800 yards and 50 TDs.... went 18-1 (lost super bowl to giants)

I remember when Manning made those two white WRs look awesome, Blair White and Austin Collie. But Manning did have Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne. Brady has made some guys too... and look what him and Moss did... sheesh. But they never won a ring together

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You could make a case the last nine years Peyton Manning has had a better career

More superballs and head-to-head he wins in playoffs

We could go on and on with this debate

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

2-1.....Rodgers beat Rapelothsberger. Rapelosberger first SB ring consisted of about 140 yards passing and epic prison rape of the Seahawks by the zebras. Ben wouldn't even have made it to the SB that year either if the Colts kicker could make a field goal. Brady on the other hand won 3 SBs by a field goal apiece. I'm a huge Peyton homer and I'd even say Brady is a little better (better arm) but its relative.

Manning doesn't have multiple rape charges against him...never left any pregnant women that we know of.....and he's not taking selfies every other day with a annoying butterface like Giselle.
    Last edited by Fred The Hammer; 11-03-14 at 08:08 AM.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

If the Pats keep this team next year, they will win a SB either this year or next. The wobble throws are not sustainable against smart teams and the difference in ability shows its self even greater in the playoffs, esp when it comes to manning

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

as long as the PATS dont have to play the Giants in the SB...they have a chance

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

why do people get all worked up about a game in the Reg. Season?

everybody should know by now.. that the Pats are a whole different animal in the Post-Season
    they lose to teams they beat easy in the Reg. Season all the time
    Attached Images  

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

This is unlike any recent Pats team we've seen tho..Last night is what it looks like when everything is working and Denver just looked like the Bears last night. Brady and co have a chip on their shoulder, literally any game from previous years have absolutely no meaning right now..Seattle has regressed and the pats built this team to handle Manning..Not only did they handle manning, but they let him throw it 43 times and by the end the ball was so wobbly that 3 guys were all over it as it came down and were lighting up the wr's..this wasnt a fluke man..I admit I thought pats were lost in the early games this year, but as we all know what the guys become by end of the year is a showing of BB getting everything he can out of the team..This year they have enough to get by Denver.

First 123456 ... Last