will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

S.F. Giants Should Start Bumgarner For Game 7

You don't want to kill a pitcher but this is for all of the marbles in game 7. Bumgarner is unstoppable. Attempt to get an early lead; let Bumgarner provide as much as he can give. This is it. He can rest in the off-season.

A smart manager would let him take the mound until he gave all that he had. The Royals bullpen is no joke. This is common sense.

Pitchers are treated with kid gloves, but this is one game for a World Series Title. Bochy is a great manager, but San Francisco can win it with Bumgarner. MLB is too long a grind to leave Bumgarner sitting on the bench.

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

I think they may bring him in as a mid-reliever if the situation presents itself. Hope Royals make him pay if Bochy does bring him in!

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Id start mad bum no doubt

He's got the next 6 months to rest that arm

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14380

It really has nothing to do about him resting his arm the next 4 months or so, but rather he just pitched on Sunday and threw over 100 pitchers. Do u think he would have the same Zip on the ball? I think they would bring him in , in the right situation, but the manager/ pitching coaches know he won't be the same throwing on 2 days rest.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

bochy said he will not start him, hudson will start (he will also implode), and bochy said that bumgarner is only human. Bochy is only an idoit. and he has already given the royals the win. GOOD FOCKING JOB BOCHY!!!

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

mad bum said that pitch counts and days rest are overrated. he will be in if huddy gets in trouble.

people also forget jeremy guthrie is the other guy starting, aka 4.5ER career meatballer

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

Quote Originally Posted by Bostongambler View Post
    It really has nothing to do about him resting his arm the next 4 months or so, but rather he just pitched on Sunday and threw over 100 pitchers. Do u think he would have the same Zip on the ball? I think they would bring him in , in the right situation, but the manager/ pitching coaches know he won't be the same throwing on 2 days rest.
    Bochy sent out Peavy, and he is a gascan, Bochy is an class clown idoit not to send bumgarner out. Bumgarner has proven that he can do it. Bumgarner when he pitches looks so focused, not distracted by anything. Gets the job done. does not get upset, not emotional. I am on Royals here, if hudson starts. Hudson will get lit up and then they bochy will bring in bumgarner, and we know what happened yesterday. Same result. Giants wont score after that. Take Royals!!! . I want giants to win the WS, but this is about money and not about the heart. heart wants giants, but in theory royals will win. Thats my 2 cents. EASY MONEY ROYALS!!

labones00
    Bo knows your sister
    labones00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3717

Did any of you ever pitch?? High School, College, Pro? If you throw 100 pitches your arm is dead the next day and usually the day after...it's easy to say they should start him but he's not a machine, dude's arm needs rest. It's that simple

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

He'd be going on two days rest, I doubt he would be as effective as he has been for very long.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    mad bum said that pitch counts and days rest are overrated. he will be in if huddy gets in trouble.

people also forget jeremy guthrie is the other guy starting, aka 4.5ER career meatballer
    That career meatballer has allowed just 3 runs in 10 innings this postseason , already held this Giant team to 2 runs over 5 innings

He'll keep KC in this
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Bochy gonna regret not starting Bum

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    Did any of you ever pitch?? High School, College, Pro? If you throw 100 pitches your arm is dead the next day and usually the day after...it's easy to say they should start him but he's not a machine, dude's arm needs rest. It's that simple
    Exactly!!!!!!

Bostongambler

Don't u think if they thought he would be the same pitcher as all post season long they would start him tonight?

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13772

Not only has it been done before but the pitcher who did it pitched a complete game shutout. See Sandy Koufax.

So why can't a guy much bigger and stronger give you a quality 3 or 4 inning start?

He skipped his throwing day yesterday to be available today. Wait until the middle innings and you might not get the chance to use him.

Bostongambler

I'm surprised none of u people are pro baseball managers or pitching coaches by the sound of u guys.

He only had TWO days rest on his arm!!!!!!! U are not, repeat u are not going to be the same pitcher. If he would be he would be pitching!

Thread Closed!!!!

labones00
    Bo knows your sister

Obviously those making claims that he SHOULD start just don't know anything about being a pitcher at that level. So Sandy Koufax pulled off the feat once, he is the lone exception and it was done in a different era in baseball. Bostongambler, you seem to get it. I pitched in HS and college (not tooting my own horn) but I was brutally sore for a good 48 hours after each start. I think if you experienced playing that position you get it

jt315

No. History says you are wrong.

labones00
    Bo knows your sister

Okay well at this point I will agree to disagree. You seem to be an expert on the subject

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Coming off throwing 120 pitches+ and a couple days rest Bum could probably throw...but the question would be his velocity and for how long...there's just no way he would be able to make the same impact as he did in Game 5.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

bochy is an idiot. he should've started mad bum every game and swept the royals!!!

having said that, hate the giants. let's go kc!!!

jt315

Quote Originally Posted by labones00 View Post
    Okay well at this point I will agree to disagree. You seem to be an expert on the subject
    I was replying to post 16.

Bostongambler

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    I was replying to post 16.
    What history??? Koufax?

The history is that pitchers don't pitch on two days rest cuz there arm has not fully recovered . His velocity and arm strength would not be the same.

Again, if it were dont u think he would be pitching? He's not cuz they know he's not the same. No one is. But I guess u know better than all the baseball people and say that he would be. Smh

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13182

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    That career meatballer has allowed just 3 runs in 10 innings this postseason , already held this Giant team to 2 runs over 5 innings

He'll keep KC in this
    WEll put!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bostongambler

How do u not get this ?

labones00
    Bo knows your sister

What history??? Koufax?

The history is that pitchers don't pitch on two days rest cuz there arm has not fully recovered . His velocity and arm strength would not be the same.

Again, if it were dont u think he would be pitching? He's not cuz they know he's not the same. No one is. But I guess u know better than all the baseball people and say that he would be. Smh
    We are just wasting our time at this point

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jt315 View Post
    Not only has it been done before but the pitcher who did it pitched a complete game shutout. See Sandy Koufax.

So why can't a guy much bigger and stronger give you a quality 3 or 4 inning start?

He skipped his throwing day yesterday to be available today. Wait until the middle innings and you might not get the chance to use him.
    This guy IS NOT SANDY KOUFAX!!!! Get real.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

don't you people think bochy knows more about his pitching staff than you?

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    bochy is an idiot. he should've started mad bum every game and swept the royals!!!

having said that, hate the giants. let's go kc!!!
    This is a STUPID POST. Every GAME.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    This is a STUPID POST. Every GAME.
    it was in response to people saying mad bum should start today.

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

A lot of dumb fvcks. Haven't you idiots, who want bum to start, ever watched the post-season? Surprised the retards aren't bringing up cy young. Leave the managing to the professionals, because you dummies wouldn't win a game as one.

chachi
    Lazy Git
    chachi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    don't you people think bochy knows more about his pitching staff than you?
    Not agreeing that Bum would be anything near 100% or should be starting, but I disagree that Bochy necessarily gets it right managing his pitchers and bullpen.

He has a predilection to leave someone in a batter or two too long, or let them come back out after a poor inning and then get reshelled/pulled when it's too late.

jt315

What history??? Koufax?

So why is there a very good chance he will pitch tonight?

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

If Bochy didn't care about Bum's arm, he would have started him in Game 4, instead of Game 5.....which was probably a mistake. If he had pitched him in Game 4 then he could easily have gone back to him to start Game 7.

I actually think that people do tend to protect pitchers too much, especially the guys in their prime. Look back at the Diamondbacks....they won it and they barely used anyone aside from Randy Johnson and Schilling.....it was a clinic! I pitched and I understand the mechanics of it, I also coached for years and if you take the proper precautions (and who are we kidding, these are the best trainers in the world) a guy can get out there and go for it. I think the long term results (the next year) you see more issues than at the time.

jt315

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
    This guy IS NOT SANDY KOUFAX!!!! Get real.
    You're right. He's much bigger and stronger.

12 Last