BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4143

Detroit got their downs wrong

Both Atlanta and Detroit are coached by morons. And let me share this little rant which I have to share with someone because absolutely no one has noticed it:

It was 3rd and 9 with 25 seconds to go. Clock was stopped from Atlanta timeout but Detroit had no timeouts left. So what did the morons do? They ran the ball up the middle to gain 2 yards. Those morons thought it was still 2nd down so they were going to spike the ball on what was really 4th down because 20 seconds is NOT enough time to get the FG unit out there.

Hell, they had **40** seconds to get the FG unit out there (after the penalty first down, run and spike) and still couldn't do it. So they either thought they could do it in 20 seconds or they thought it was 2nd down when it was really 3rd.

MORONS.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5949

I think Smith is gone tomorrow.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Caldwell is a dumb negro
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NYSportsGuy210

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge187 View Post
    I think Smith is gone tomorrow.
    If I was owner, I'd fire him immediately after the game. Make him take that flight home in humiliation.

I actually like a team being aggressive when the opposing team has timeouts left, but when you are inside 2:00 and the opponent has no timeouts, YOU RUN THE BALL AND KILL 40 SECONDS EVEN IF THAT MEANS YOU PUNT ON THE NEXT PLAY.

I am so glad I am not a fan of either of those teams, either in general or today with regards to monetary investments.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Quote Originally Posted by BriGuy View Post
    Both Atlanta and Detroit are coached by morons. And let me share this little rant which I have to share with someone because absolutely no one has noticed it:

It was 3rd and 9 with 25 seconds to go. Clock was stopped from Atlanta timeout but Detroit had no timeouts left. So what did the morons do? They ran the ball up the middle to gain 2 yards. Those morons thought it was still 2nd down so they were going to spike the ball on what was really 4th down because 20 seconds is NOT enough time to get the FG unit out there.

Hell, they had **40** seconds to get the FG unit out there (after the penalty first down, run and spike) and still couldn't do it. So they either thought they could do it in 20 seconds or they thought it was 2nd down when it was really 3rd.

MORONS.
    Plus within all of that chaos Atlanta called a timeout which could only benefit Detroit at the point.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

That is why they get paid the BIG Buck$

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Detroit has been very very lucky this year and wait until they have full staff

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19593

Looked to me like they were aware of 4th down because the FG unit was hurrying onto the field until the whistle blew due to the flag. IMO, a bad decision because that's when kickers miss: when they're rushed.

BriGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Looked to me like they were aware of 4th down because the FG unit was hurrying onto the field until the whistle blew due to the flag. IMO, a bad decision because that's when kickers miss: when they're rushed.
    You might be right but that makes them even bigger morons. It is not even REMOTELY worth rushing your FG so much to gain what? 2 yards?

They couldn't successfully snap the ball when they had 40 seconds, don't know why they thought they could do it in 20.