Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

When guys think bookmakers want equal action on both sides

The biggest crock of shit only a jackass would believe. This is from an online book. Explain to me why this line isn't moving big time to get that equal action.

The quote

"Any Rams backers out there? 85% of the money and 88% of the bets are on the 49ers (-3). Monday Night Football odds"

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Just because they want it, it doesn't mean they get it.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Do gay bookmakers try to get equal action??

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7763

what small time book is making that proclamation?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Books do not depend on one game to get action. They cleaned up yesterday.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    pavy they got killed at 1 oclock. Did okay at 4 and would have done great if it wasnt for Cousins and won Sunday night. They won but it wasn't anything to talk about. And if u are a book from Philly u lost cause of Sunday night.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    what small time book is making that proclamation?
    obviously u can't read a line cause they are all getting hit like that. Nobody is taking those shithole Rams.

Thor4140

Now check out the story i just posted and look at what i highlighted. If all that money was on Denver why not move that line to get equal action?

wo last-second interceptions returned for touchdowns by the Denver Broncos and Arizona Cardinals delivered million-dollar blows to Las Vegas sports books, including a $600,000 hit from boxing champ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Broncos cornerback Aqib Talib picked off New York Jets quarterback Geno Smith and returned it 22 yards for a touchdown that covered the point spread in the Broncos' 31-17 win. Mayweather bet $815,000 on the Broncos to beat the Jets by more than 7.5 points. He laid -130 juice and collected $1.4 million from the CG Technology sports book at the M Resort.
    [+] EnlargeAP Photo/Bill KostrounAqib Talib's late pick-six sealed a victory for the Broncos and a loss for sports books.

CG Technology's vice president of race and sports, Jason Simbal, confirmed the bet to ESPN.
    "Floyd didn't watch the game here," Simbal said, "but he certainly showed up shortly thereafter to cash."
    Talib's pick-six electrified crowds at the sports books across Vegas and caused six- and seven-figure swings that went against the house. It also caused some damage inside the back office of the MGM Mirage sports book.
    "The place went absolutely berserk," MGM's vice president of race and sports, Jay Rood, said. "I kicked a hole in the wall. I'll leave it as a reminder of my feelings toward Geno Smith."
    The Broncos were the most popular bet in Vegas. The Westgate and Aliante sports books told ESPN approximately 95 percent of the bets on the game were on Denver.

"It was devastating," Aliante's sports book director, Marc Nelson, said.
    The bad beats weren't over for the books, though. Arizona defensive back Rashad Johnson picked off Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins and returned it 28 yards for a touchdown to cover the spread in a 30-20 win.
    "Those two interceptions cost us a half-a-million dollars," Rood said.
    Don't feel too sorry for the books, though. They still won money on an eventful Sunday.
    The Dallas Cowboys' upset of the Seattle Seahawks, coupled with the San Diego Chargers' failing to cover the spread against the Oakland Raiders, were big winners for the books and helped them overcome the tough beats.
    "We were in a spot that we would have probably been up a million five after those games," Simbal said. "Instead, we were only up a third of that. Because of the Raiders covering and Cowboys winning, we ended up in pretty good shape today."

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    obviously u can't read a line cause they are all getting hit like that. Nobody is taking those shithole Rams.
    thor, i can read a line. what book is coming out and saying this though?

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Cardinals pick 6 sunk my battleship too.

Thor4140

another book and he has it at 4.5 and still can't get anyone on the shitty Rams. U could offer 7 and still get San Fran money. This is why this is all red meat for nitwits when they say that shit about equal action on both sides

getting 89% on the ML & 79% on the -4.5 line over 44.5 total seeing 67% of the action

texhooper

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    thor, i can read a line. what book is coming out and saying this though?
    oh, i didn't read your last post...HA...

Thor4140

Now this guys line is the same. Why isn't he moving it? Almost like the books are taken a position. Imagine that?

Gulp. Biggest single game decision of the season. 84% of action on 49ers (-3.5) at Rams. 62% on Over (44).

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    you're pretty naive man. you think books clean up or lose their asses on a day to day basis? Books are in this for the long run. 1 game or a slate of NFL sunday games is not going to make or break a big-business book whether online or in Vegas. people that think about these things heavily are guaranteed to lose, esp. in the short term.

watch how the 49ers win tonight. public being on them and the spread not budging has nothing to do with the outcome of the game. its a factor to consider, but it should only be 10% of your analysis, not the determining factor...

i took sf money line to be safe because i think it could be decently close but we'll see
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 10-13-14 at 07:30 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most books do not take equal action that has always been a myth

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

Vegas want lop-side action... if they want equal action they can't even take care of their electric bill from the JUICE...period... now what lies ahead is the conspiracy theory... whenever there's legal gambling there is always a conspiracy...

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

Vegas line is base on stats both offence and defence, injuries, power ranking,weather etc. It's all calculation and stats. nothing but formulas. Solid calculation and stats after Sunday night. And after that of course it will move up or down by public wagers. And it would take lots of action to move up or down 1 point. That's my own belief...

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Now this guys line is the same. Why isn't he moving it? Almost like the books are taken a position. Imagine that?

Gulp. Biggest single game decision of the season. 84% of action on 49ers (-3.5) at Rams. 62% on Over (44).
    Because it is their job to take a position. 3 and 4 are key numbers and books don't want to get middled. It's called risk management. And by the way Sharps come in with big money sometimes to offset all the public action. And all the services gave out SF. I will take shitty St.Louis plus seven. If SF was going to kill them the line would be a few points higher.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Because it is their job to take a position. 3 and 4 are key numbers and books don't want to get middled. It's called risk management. And by the way Sharps come in with big money sometimes to offset all the public action. And all the services gave out SF. I will take shitty St.Louis plus seven. If SF was going to kill them the line would be a few points higher.
    Boy the linesmakers could sell u shit and say it was lobster and u would buy it.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by importmoon View Post
    Vegas line is base on stats both offence and defence, injuries, power ranking,weather etc. It's all calculation and stats. nothing but formulas. Solid calculation and stats after Sunday night. And after that of course it will move up or down by public wagers. And it would take lots of action to move up or down 1 point. That's my own belief...
    wrong wrong wrong and more wrong