Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Royals Dyson Should Probably Shut The Hell Up

After the Royals beat Baltimore 6-4 to take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven ALCS, Dyson was asked by Kansas City Star writer Andy McCullough if he expects the series to return to Camden Yards for a sixth game. "No, sir, I don't," Dyson said, "and I don't think [the Orioles] think that, either."

"I'll just tell you this, man: If we win Game 3, it's going to be hard for them to sit there and look themselves in the mirror and say, 'We can win the next four,'" Dyson said. "That's tough to do, man. Everything must click. I'm just being honest.

"If we take Game 3, I guarantee there are going to be multiple people in that clubhouse over there saying, 'Man, there's no way we're going to beat these guys four games in a row.' It can be done, but everybody ain't gonna be on the same page, I don't think. There are going to be some people ready to go home. There are going to be some people not cheering in the dugout -- just like if it was vice versa on this side, it might be the same way."

If this kid plays in Game 3, he might see a pitch coming toward the inside. A normal rule in interviewing would probably suggest that 4th outfielders on young teams need to be bland, and humble, in their answers. Royals have been riding a wave lately, but like gambling, you eventually find that losing streak again. Makes me think the Royals might be overconfident coming back home. Thinking of going with the Orioles tonight.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Funny thing about Dyson....for those of us who've watched him over the last few years, he's basically a base stealer and fourth outfielder on the team. He was playing on the farm quite a bit and this season was the first time he actually stayed with the team for the entire season. The laughable part is he's only had 260 at-bats this season but for some reason he's decided to start running his mouth...and for a team that's done nothing for almost thirty years...I guess he's decided he might not get another chance

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Another loudmouth who saw his chance in the spotlight! When you are on a roll like this you never start to brag! All it takes now is one loss for this whole thing to reverse on him. Someone should tell this guy to sit on the bench and shut his trap!

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

yeah foolish comments by Dyson but its not like the Orioles need bulletin board material.

Dirty Sanchez

Dyson isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer...hell...most of the guys on the team were at odds with the local media for the majority of the year. The sad thing is the fans weren't even behind this team 90 days ago...they were calling for Yost to be fired, Moose to be sent down to Omaha (which he was), Butler to be benched, etc. The K was barely drawing 12-15,000 fans a game, before whatever happened to them after the All-Star break to cause this Royals Mania.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    yeah foolish comments by Dyson but its not like the Orioles need bulletin board material.
    I don't think its bulletin board material either. I just think it might speak for the mindset of a young team that hasn't lost a playoff game yet. I wouldn't be shocked if they lose big tonight, and come back to Earth.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    I don't think its bulletin board material either. I just think it might speak for the mindset of a young team that hasn't lost a playoff game yet. I wouldn't be shocked if they lose big tonight, and come back to Earth.
    With all the rain that's falling...if they get the game in it will be one of those ugly sloppy games...pouring at my house right now and they're calling for 2-3 inches of rain today

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14368

What an idiot he is. Someone should remind him of the 2004 Red Sox/yanks series.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 44 Mag, and GunShard

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i agree 100%

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol bulletin board material

What is he suppose to say>>

" I think we will lose a few and go back to Balt

Lol..common guys

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

He's confident man

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Dyson isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer...hell...most of the guys on the team were at odds with the local media for the majority of the year. The sad thing is the fans weren't even behind this team 90 days ago...they were calling for Yost to be fired, Moose to be sent down to Omaha (which he was), Butler to be benched, etc. The K was barely drawing 12-15,000 fans a game, before whatever happened to them after the All-Star break to cause this Royals Mania.
    All of those comments/concerns were justified.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Raul Ibanez happened

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    All of those comments/concerns were justified.
    Agreed...and when he put Ventura in against Oakland and went down 7-3 those same fans were calling for his head before the game was over....before the Royals bailed his ass out...now those fans think he's a friggin God

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think mistake to say that:

1) Both teams in ALCS revel in role of 'underdog"
    2) by making this claim, he now acknowledges that the Royals are the favorites.
    3) i am sure ANY Yankee would have thought the same in 2004
    4) NEVER. NEVER do ANYTHING to wake up your opponent while he is sleeping.

could come back to bite the Royals.. we'll see soon enough

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Over confidence is arrogance.
    Arrogance is losing.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7846

why do we want people to say the same shit over and over again in interviews? this kinda shit is great. this is how questions should be answered.

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    why do we want people to say the same shit over and over again in interviews? this kinda shit is great. this is how questions should be answered.
    agreed

I cringe when I watch post-game press conferences where the coach just says "we didn't execute our gameplan", "we executed our gameplan", etc etc

shut the hell up

I rather listen to Belichick or Popovich mess around with twinks like Adam Schefter than answer their vanilla questions

BILLY MEIER
    BILLY MEIER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1676

god forbid someone is finally just telling it like it is, Im sick and facken tired of hearing the same shit, like when they interview the new england patriots after a win or a loss, coach bellicheck is worse then hitler, no one dares to say anything that they feel inside, Second cowboys were talking shit about shermin being over rated, we all know who one that game

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY MEIER View Post
    god forbid someone is finally just telling it like it is, Im sick and facken tired of hearing the same shit, like when they interview the new england patriots after a win or a loss, coach bellicheck is worse then hitler, no one dares to say anything that they feel inside, Second cowboys were talking shit about shermin being over rated, we all know who one that game
    Holy Crap Billy.....I hope the Grammar Nazi's don't get loose on you

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

If this kid plays in Game 3, he might see a pitch coming toward the inside. A normal rule in interviewing would probably suggest that 4th non-black outfielders on young teams need to be bland, and humble, in their answers. Royals have been riding a wave lately, but like gambling, you eventually find that losing streak again. Makes me think the Royals might be overconfident coming back home. Thinking of going with the Orioles tonight.
    Fixed it for you.
    Should not be a surprise.
    He's black.
    Points Awarded:

texhooper gave BennyBigNuts 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

waiting for nori aoki to talk smack. now that would be breaking news.