STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I disagree with the two bold, one-loss SEC team gets in over either. Oregon's loss already worse than what an SEC team would have and the Big Ten simply sucks and does not deserve a spot over these other considerations. And AGAIN I forgot about Notre Dame If Notre Dame goes undefeated, they are in. If Notre Dame lose only to Florida State and FSU goes undefeated, choice for fourth team in greenhippo's scenarios above comes down to Notre Dame or Miss. State/Miss winner. If Notre Dame only loses to FSU but FSU loses to someone else (Louisville anyone?), then I think SEC team beats ND out.
    i wasnt pitting them in order, just who gets consideration. Ole Miss and Miss St have tough games other than against each other. Ole Miss has Auburn and probably Georgia, while Miss St goes to Alabama and then probably Georgia. Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Miss St, Georgia all still in it. Georgia probably the favorite to win the SEC honestly bc they are basically a lock to get to the title game. It could easily be any of the 4 named for the other spot. Honestly, I don't think we will even have a 1 loss SEC team to consider when its all said and done.

If I had to choose the playoff right now with how I think the rest of the year plays out...
    (in order)

1 seed: Florida State (ACC champ) 0 losses
    2 seed: Georgia (SEC champ) 1 loss
    3 seed: Oregon (PAC 12 champ) 1 loss
    4 seed: Michigan State (Big Ten champ) 1 loss

I think a 1 loss MSU team gets in over a 1 loss Baylor or Oklahoma team. If Baylor goes undefeated (I dont think they will), they obviously get in. I really think Oregon runs the table, they will get in for sure if they do. I really think the winner of Mich St/Ohio St will run the table and finish with 1 loss. I really don't think we will see a 1 loss SEC team up for consideration, if we do they would have to be considered over Michigan State. Same with Notre Dame, I think they will have 2 losses before its all said and done.

MoMoneyMoVaughn
    Down but not out
    MoMoneyMoVaughn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4547

Many very good arguments above. However, I thought the point of the playoff was to make it so teams would schedule stronger opponents and place less emphasis on going undefeated / being the one loss team in a sea of two loss teams.

First 12