frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Frogs, I want to ask u one question:

1) Do u rate this TCU defense as a classic one? Need to be great to win this game.

Frog schedule front-loaded. IF they beat Baylor, it's downhill rest of way.
    Defensive line is probably the best its ever been, talented and deep

Linebacker is experienced - 3 seniors in the 2-linebacker rotation... maybe no one as talented as David Hawthorne, Jason Phillips, Robert Henson, Daryl Washington, or Tank Carder(all NFL guys who played linebacker for the Frogs) but they are solid and experienced

Saftey position is good and experienced as well. 2 guys are legit first team all Big 12 guys

Main concern is corner. Kevin White is good but isn't the lockdown guy Jason Verrett was last year. And Ranthony Texada has played well but hasn't been tested deep this year.

Overall I say the jury is still out but after adjustments were made they stopped Oklahoma cold. And without the power running game to worry about against Baylor, TCU can cheat toward the deep pass. I like the Baylor matchup for TCU's defense much more than Oklahoma because Baylor can't attack in as many ways.

In conclusion Gary Patterson's 4-2-5 was made to stop offenses like Baylor and it has shown the past few years.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Trevor knight and his wrs nowhere near as good as baylors

crbravens23
    crbravens23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

i just look at the line above everything else. it opened at 10. That is a big line for baylor facing a talented tcu team that everyone knows about. I took TCU ag Oklahoma last week and was impressed how good TCU's offense has become. Their defensive backs were a little shaky but like a previous poster mentioned, they did adjust and shut down the deep ball in 2nd half. I think Baylor wins this by 13-14. The line opened at 10 for a reason. There are NEVER mistakes in the line on a nationally televised game like this. Books want us to take TCU. Just my opinion, GL everyone on your picks.

rocket31
    rocket31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Quote Originally Posted by crbravens23 View Post
    i just look at the line above everything else. it opened at 10. That is a big line for baylor facing a talented tcu team that everyone knows about. I took TCU ag Oklahoma last week and was impressed how good TCU's offense has become. Their defensive backs were a little shaky but like a previous poster mentioned, they did adjust and shut down the deep ball in 2nd half. I think Baylor wins this by 13-14. The line opened at 10 for a reason. There are NEVER mistakes in the line on a nationally televised game like this. Books want us to take TCU. Just my opinion, GL everyone on your picks.
    DERP, if they wanted us to take TCU the line would move up and not down.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

and after baylor wins going away im sure the win be be discounted due to weak competition

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Yes but Bryce Petty is not the running/scrambling threat Knight is and Baylor doesn't have the power run game that forces TCU to load the box a bit more. TCU had to cheat to the run early and play safeties on their top receivers which opened up the deep pass for Oklahoma.

Baylor's run game is not based on power at all so TCU won't need the extra bodies there to bring their RBs down

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Petty was there last year too and TCU held Baylor to a reasonable 370 total yards and three offensive touchdowns. I'd bet Horned Frogs would take those same numbers in this game.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Petty was there last year too and TCU held Baylor to a reasonable 370 total yards and three offensive touchdowns. I'd bet Horned Frogs would take those same numbers in this game.
    Watch last year's game on YouTube... TCU was the better team... gave Baylor 21 points with a butt fumble on the 1 yard line and two pick sixes

Baylor has home field this year but that will be cancelled out by TCU's improvement on offense

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    They also had a more conservative offense which shortened the game and took away baylor possessions. This year they r slinging it and u don't want a track meet vs baylor

swag1982
    swag1982's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2378

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Watch last year's game on YouTube... TCU was the better team... gave Baylor 21 points with a butt fumble on the 1 yard line and two pick sixes

Baylor has home field this year but that will be cancelled out by TCU's improvement on offense
    For starters I'm on TCU . But it's possible that in last years game Baylor came out flat because the week before they had there pie in the sky national championships hopes crushed by osu

LT Profits

They also had a more conservative offense which shortened the game and took away baylor possessions. This year they r slinging it and u don't want a track meet vs baylor
    But they could choose to slow the game down again if they get a lead.

homie1975

The burning question to frogsrangers: is it in the script? ?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Last time I saw one of these threads it was Duke/Miami, we all know how that ended.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: CrimsonTideFan

homie1975

The burning question to frogsrangers: is it in the script? ?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Frogs, I'm pullin for u. Gut feeling is that TCU left their best game on field last week.

Bay > Okla. Line shifted down after upset. Bay by DD (imho).

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

dont know why everyone loves Baylor so much, they are notorious for beating up on weak teams and losing to ranked opponents. 6-10 vrs ranked teams since 2010, and Baylor flat out sucked before then...

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    dont know why everyone loves Baylor so much, they are notorious for beating up on weak teams and losing to ranked opponents. 6-10 vrs ranked teams since 2010, and Baylor flat out sucked before then...
    Casual fans are often mesmerized by fast-break offenses. Granted Baylor has been playing better defense the last two years though and they are actually dangerous if that is not a mirage. Let's see how that handle TCU, which is statistically the best offense they will have faced so far.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Coming off big emotional wins...then going on the road and having to kick in into hyper drive always concerns me

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    agree with this a lot... plus Patterson is a tremendous coach... the post-upset hangover has more to do with coaching than anything else. I think a very safe bet is to take Baylor -9.5 (buy the hook) and TCU ML. Break even if Baylor covers, win a nice chunk of TCU wins. I really think this game will be a double digit win... it is just who wins is the question. I really really love, I mean LOVE it if you can find an alternate line of TCU -6.5... probably get +1200 or better on it, and that is a steal!!!!
    about the dumbest sh1t someone has ever posted on here. congratulations

Venom OG
    Venom OG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 514

Baylor is better on both sides of the ball, less mistake prone, facing a team coming off a huge win (let down spot), with homefield advantage (won 12 straight at home). Meanwhile, public opinion of TCU is at an all time high and yet Baylor opened up as a double digit favorite. This is the easiest play on the board this week IMO. Baylor wins, 44-27.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Venom OG View Post
    Baylor is better on both sides of the ball, less mistake prone, facing a team coming off a huge win (let down spot), with homefield advantage (won 12 straight at home). Meanwhile, public opinion of TCU is at an all time high and yet Baylor opened up as a double digit favorite. This is the easiest play on the board this week IMO. Baylor wins, 44-27.
    Teams are very close defensively, can almost call it even. Baylor third in the country in defensive efficiency, TCU fourth.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/feidef

Also Boykin has greatly improved in ball protection, he has just two interceptions, so I would not say Baylor is less mistake prone.

And finally, TCU is a legit team, it is not like the upset over Oklahoma was unexpected. Letdowns usually apply to teams that pull major upsets out of nowhere. If TCU wins today, they become the favorites to win the Big 12 and should be regarded the best team in the conference. I DO think they are that good, we shall see.

LT Profits

double post, system acting buggy

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Baylor hangs 40 again today

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

WNT

SteveKerrsJunk
    SteveKerrsJunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 134

TCU is overrated and it will show when Baylor beats them by double digits.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by SteveKerrsJunk View Post
    TCU is overrated and it will show when Baylor beats them by double digits.
    I actually think TCU is still underrated, I think they are REALLY the best team in the Big 12. We will find out a lot today.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

cant wait for this gm, i got know idea what happens really.. one of the best cappers i know told me to play tcu+10 and ml early this week so that what i did. told me to play ol' piss as well, guess we aint scared of letdowns today! you want a team that on letdown alert look at uk, those fools acted like beating scary as 4 point home dogs was winning the sb. doubt they get up for ulm today..

SignThisBeast
    SignThisBeast's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I love TCU today

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

This is a tough game to handicap. Anybody that is taking TCU I warn you of the letdown factor. Never been a fan of taking teams that go on the road a week after a huge, huge win. It's why I'm worried about Ole Miss today. This is a dangerous spot. I like Baylor in a tease...not taking the line, though. Too dangerous of a game, but I can make more of a case for Baylor than TCU.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    This is a tough game to handicap. Anybody that is taking TCU I warn you of the letdown factor. Never been a fan of taking teams that go on the road a week after a huge, huge win. It's why I'm worried about Ole Miss today. This is a dangerous spot. I like Baylor in a tease...not taking the line, though. Too dangerous of a game, but I can make more of a case for Baylor than TCU.
    like others have mentioned i think you worry more about letdowns when you have teams that didnt expect to win. along with that also i think it more prevalent when the team you expecting a letdown out of is playing lesser competition that is easy to look past which im certain isnt the case in either of those. i could see it more with ol piss than tcu. but the team i see today that looks like a big time letdown candidate is uk, they acted like beating scary was the greatest thing in their lives and now they play a early gm vs lowly ul monroe, that screams of letdown to me much more than the teams that are playing big games and expect to be in these spots.. i been wrong before tho..

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Over looking nice!

swag1982

What an excellent offensive pass interference call

swag1982