Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

A few reasons why I believe Louisville is the play tonight...

Petrino is 3-0 verse vs Syracuse with the Cardinals. He understands the option Syracuse runs and understands how to shut it down.

Defense wins games and the Louisville Defense is good....

• Through five games, Louisville leads the nation in rushing defense after their dominating performance in the win over Wake Forest. Wake Forest concluded the game with -22 yards rushing on 23 carries, the fewest rushing yards since Grambling was held to -56 in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium on Sept. 23, 2000.
    • The Cardinals have yet to allow a 100-yard rusher this season and have allowed just one team to rush for over 100 yards when Virginia tallied 114.
    • Louisville leads the country in yards per carry allowed, giving up just 1.95 yards a carry.
    • The Cardinals are one of only nine schools in the country who have allowed just one rushing touchdown all season.
    • Louisville has allowed 100 yards rushing just six times in the last 17 games, with Virginia becoming the last team to crack the 100-yard barrier. The Cavaliers rushed for 114 yards last weekend. Louisville hasn't allowed a back to rush for 100 yards since Central Florida's Storm Johnson tallied 109 yards 10 games ago.
    • Louisville has allowed only 291 yards rushing this season.
    • The Cardinals have allowed only 17 rushing first downs this season after giving up one to Wake Forest on Sept. 27, which is the lowest since the Cardinals didn't allow a first down rushing to FIU last season.
    • Louisville leads the country in interceptions with 10 after recording three more versus Wake Forest on Sept. 27.
    • Louisville ranks seventh in the country in red-zone defense, holding the opposition to 9-of-14 this season inside its 20-yard line.
    • The Cardinals stand fifth in the country in turnovers gained with 13, totaling 10 interceptions and three fumble recoveries.
    • Louisville's eight sacks versus Wake Forest were the most since UofL recorded eight against Rutgers on Oct. 10, 2013, in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. The Cardinals rank 11th nationally and second in the ACC in sacks this season.
    • Louisville's defense has forced 13 turnovers in the first five games this season, which is the most through five contests since forcing 14 in 2005.
    • Through five games, opponents are averaging just 105.2 total yards in the second half (526 yards through five games).
    • The Cardinals' defense has been very good against the pass this season, yielding an average of 167.0 yards per game this season, which ranks 15th nationally.
    • Louisville allowed a season-high 251 yards in the win over Murray State, but that is the only team to amass that much yardage versus the Cardinals. Louisville held FIU to 117 yards through the air and Wake Forest to just 122.
    • Opponents are completing just 54.8 percent of their throws this year, which is 30th in the country.

They should also be getting their starting quarterback back tonight from a small knee injury.

I may be wrong, but Louisville sounds like a winner to me.
    Last edited by Fire in da hole; 10-03-14 at 09:34 AM.

YeahJeets
    YeahJeets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

How do you feel about the under? Or Cuse under 22?

Fire in da hole

Quote Originally Posted by YeahJeets View Post
    How do you feel about the under? Or Cuse under 22?
    If I was going to be any under, it would be cuse under 22.

Lou put 31 up on miami, 66 on Murry state and 34 on FIU. Last week Lou started their back-up and had 4 turnovers and still scored 20. I could easily see Lou putting up 30 to 35.

Fire in da hole

Tried to tell you guys again...

hope you guys followed

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Congrats Louisville backers

mintpicks79
    mintpicks79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 326

Nice analysis OP! Wish i saw this earlier...

KSmooth4U
    KSmooth4U's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2137

Why wasn't this on the board? This is the first time I'm seeing this... Damn!!! Nice bet

Fire in da hole

Posted this earlier, but nobody really showed interest other than the one guy above.

the backup started, but still had enough to win.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Option? What year do you think this is.

Fire in da hole

Haha, autocorrect from word.

BamaCBass
    BamaCBass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1841

Nice work man