Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

Quote Originally Posted by Reload View Post
    At least they've got some of the best cheerleaders out there to pep them up!
    It was those damn pink uniforms...I am all about breast cancer awareness but to my knowledge its not the only cancer but the only one they deem important enough to talk about

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Oregon has always been my favorite team to watch in college Football

but they are the most overrated team ever. I am always surprised when analysts put them as #2 every single year and talk about how they will be in the playoffs. It makes me really think they do not watch any of Oregon's games and just look at their final scores against small program teams

their high flying fast-tempo offense only works when they play against high school teams

whenever they play an average team they either are in the fight of their life, or get their teeth knocked in

their win against Michigan State a few weeks ago was shocking and their biggest win in years

Mariota is also pretty bad... I like the kid, he has heart, but he is so inaccurate and makes awful decisions if he doesn't have a WR wide open in the middle of the field

and their coach SUCKS. the guy is a fricken idiot.

No1DraftPick
    No1DraftPick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 950

Ducks fan here. I'll give my honest, yet obviously biased opinions.

The past two years vs Stanford and now last night vs AZ the same problems exist:
    -Can't convert from the 1 yard line (vs Stanford last 2 years + AZ last night). This also happened to the Eagles vs 9ers. I understand you are a spread option team. WHY IN THE WORLD DOES ANY FOOTBALL TEAM NOT HAVE A GOAL LINE PACKAGE?!!?!?!!?

-Bad turnover. Deanthony Thomas both times vs stanford and fumble last night from Marcus.

-Stupid plays leading to losses. 2 yrs ago vs Stanford DeAnthony failed to block for Marcus on a 80 yard touchdown because he didn't see the guy behind him? Or more likely was being lazy/selfish. Last year with the stupid play calling. This year Mr. Look at Me wanted to celebrate despite the refs being strict about that all game. Everyone is looking at you now!

These factors combined with what seems to be the impossible task of recruiting quality OL/DL players leads me to believe that Oregon will remain a Top 25 team that destroys lower level teams regularly yet struggles mightily against even/better competition. Additionally, 3 years of the exact same errors haven't been corrected....not much for confidence in a coaching staff that isn't well received in the "public" opinion. Mark is not Chip. The next guy will be even further out.

All that said. I love my Ducks. I will root for and support. I just will always wish some of these seemingly simple tasks (INSTALL A MOTHER FING GOAL LINE PACKAGE) get cleaned up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Oregon has always has lacked the mental toughness

Part of it has to do with geographics

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Probably won't matter much. They'll still get in if they win out

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by No1DraftPick View Post
    Ducks fan here. I'll give my honest, yet obviously biased opinions.

The past two years vs Stanford and now last night vs AZ the same problems exist:
    -Can't convert from the 1 yard line (vs Stanford last 2 years + AZ last night). This also happened to the Eagles vs 9ers. I understand you are a spread option team. WHY IN THE WORLD DOES ANY FOOTBALL TEAM NOT HAVE A GOAL LINE PACKAGE?!!?!?!!?

-Bad turnover. Deanthony Thomas both times vs stanford and fumble last night from Marcus.

-Stupid plays leading to losses. 2 yrs ago vs Stanford DeAnthony failed to block for Marcus on a 80 yard touchdown because he didn't see the guy behind him? Or more likely was being lazy/selfish. Last year with the stupid play calling. This year Mr. Look at Me wanted to celebrate despite the refs being strict about that all game. Everyone is looking at you now!

These factors combined with what seems to be the impossible task of recruiting quality OL/DL players leads me to believe that Oregon will remain a Top 25 team that destroys lower level teams regularly yet struggles mightily against even/better competition. Additionally, 3 years of the exact same errors haven't been corrected....not much for confidence in a coaching staff that isn't well received in the "public" opinion. Mark is not Chip. The next guy will be even further out.

All that said. I love my Ducks. I will root for and support. I just will always wish some of these seemingly simple tasks (INSTALL A MOTHER FING GOAL LINE PACKAGE) get cleaned up.
    Good post and I agree with most. Scott Frost play calling inside 10 has become so predictable that teams just stack for run as for whatever reason he will not let Mariota throw down there.

O line so beat up now if Jake Fisher can't go vs UCLA I fear that will get ugly , as defense can't stop run at all now either.

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

Funny how people pile on Oregon when they lose but hardly a peep when other top teams lose. Go Ducks!

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Probably won't matter much. They'll still get in if they win out

This may not be so far fetched now

First 12