Betpoints: 39

dodgers should hire him.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    He sucked.
    He did a lot with a little but his best teams never lived up to their potential. Remember when they had the MVP, Cy Young winner, and the Batting Champ on the same team and were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs? The Division titles were nice, but only 1 Playoff Series win in 13 years is no bueno. The new stadium and need for Mauer's contract kept them from doing better things. Need much better pitching to come through the farm system.

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Twins team sucks not the manager.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

long overdue IMO

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good move he had a great run there but it's time for a change

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

The first name that popped into my head for a replacement was Paul Molitor. A move that will sit well with the Minny fans. A minute ago, this article popped up. http://fansided.com/2014/09/29/minne...hired-manager/

lesterdymond
    lesterdymond's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Hard nose manager who saw talent flourish and sent off in a trade.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

So glad this clown is gone.

The guy was terrible. Worst playoff manager in the history of baseball.

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
    He did a lot with a little but his best teams never lived up to their potential. Remember when they had the MVP, Cy Young winner, and the Batting Champ on the same team and were knocked out in the first round of the playoffs? The Division titles were nice, but only 1 Playoff Series win in 13 years is no bueno. The new stadium and need for Mauer's contract kept them from doing better things. Need much better pitching to come through the farm system.
    They were not just knocked out, they were swept.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

He couldn't have been that bad. At least not in the Minny organizations eyes. They just gave him a two year contract before this season started. He was also AL mgr of the year in 2010 fwiw. I think some nasty dispute rose this year between him and the powers that be. I don't see Minny eating a year of anyone's contract. And he's been there since 02. It's not like they didn't know what they had.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

Who?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Mauer has one of the worst contracts in pro sports. It's like a noose around that franchise's neck, especially given this is a small-market team.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The first name that popped into my head for a replacement was Paul Molitor. A move that will sit well with the Minny fans. A minute ago, this article popped up. http://fansided.com/2014/09/29/minne...hired-manager/
    I think it also could be Davey Martinez or Mientkwiecz.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Mauer has one of the worst contracts in pro sports. It's like a noose around that franchise's neck, especially given this is a small-market team.
    Yes, they did well not overpaying for Santana and Hunter as they were shells of their former selves. I liked Cuddy and Morneau but you could never guess how long they were going to stay healthy for. They have swung and missed after that. The prospects coming up don't look promising and they kept going after older, mostly washed up pitchers on the FA market. Let go Gomez, Span, Revere... Hopefully someone like Boston or the Yankees are dumb enough to eat Mauer's contract.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I think it also could be Davey Martinez or Mientkwiecz.
    Mientkiewicz was a fan favorite as well. Heard Ozzie Guillen is looking for a job

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Yes, they did well not overpaying for Santana and Hunter as they were shells of their former selves. I liked Cuddy and Morneau but you could never guess how long they were going to stay healthy for. They have swung and missed after that. The prospects coming up don't look promising and they kept going after older, mostly washed up pitchers on the FA market. Let go Gomez, Span, Revere... Hopefully someone like Boston or the Yankees are dumb enough to eat Mauer's contract.
    Hard to believe anyone is going to buy Mauer and his 5 HR prowess at 1B. I don't care how squeaky-clean the guy is.

Just saw the contract they gave Nolasco in the offseason -- WTF was that? Plus Worley, Correia, etc. Geezus.