DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting twist to the story:

A woman at the scene of the fatal one-vehicle accident involving Rob Bironas alleges in a 911 call that the former Titans kicker tried to run her car off the road moments before crashing.

In an 11:03 p.m. call to 911, the woman says she and her husband crossed paths with a white SUV.

"We let him go on past us because he was trying to run us off the road and we don't know who he is,'' the woman told the 911 operator. "… We just pulled out of his way, and we saw all this smoke and pulled over."

The woman's voice, trembling with emotion, said she and her husband did not know the man driving the SUV.

"There is something wrong with him,'' she said. "He gave us a mean look. We don't even know him, and he tried to run us off the road."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...call/16078295/

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

You can't speed with a big SUV at night in the woods. Need a Porsche or a Ferrari that can handle the bends.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    You can't speed with a big SUV at night in the woods. Need a Porsche or a Ferrari that can handle the bends.
    SUV's are very top heavy and are easy to flip over but sports cars can crumble in pieces very easily. I came close to dying on several occasions driving my Ferrari like a wild man in California. I almost fish tailed into a truck close to where James Dean died. That was my wake up call. The story of his death, his friend driving in the car with him and the guy he hit are a cautionary tale. His car had to be haunted.

At 5:45 PM on this day in 1955, 24-year-old actor James Dean is killed in Cholame, California, when the Porsche he is driving hits a Ford Tudor sedan at an intersection. The driver of the other car, 23-year-old California Polytechnic State University student Donald Turnupseed, was dazed but mostly uninjured; Dean’s passenger, German Porsche mechanic Rolf Wütherich was badly injured but survived. Only one of Dean’s movies, “East of Eden,” had been released at the time of his death (“Rebel Without a Cause” and “Giant” opened shortly afterward), but he was already on his way to superstardom--and the crash made him a legend.

James Dean loved racing cars, and in fact he and his brand-new, $7000 Porsche Spyder convertible were on their way to a race in Salinas, 90 miles south of San Francisco. Witnesses maintained that Dean hadn’t been speeding at the time of the accident--in fact, Turnupseed had made a left turn right into the Spyder’s path--but some people point out that he must have been driving awfully fast: He’d gotten a speeding ticket in Bakersfield, 150 miles from the crash site, at 3:30 p.m. and then had stopped at a diner for a Coke, which meant that he’d covered quite a distance in a relatively short period of time. Still, the gathering twilight and the glare from the setting sun would have made it impossible for Turnupseed to see the Porsche coming no matter how fast it was going.
    Rumor has it that Dean’s car, which he’d nicknamed the Little Bastard, was cursed. After the accident, the car rolled off the back of a truck and crushed the legs of a mechanic standing nearby. Later, after a used-car dealer sold its parts to buyers all over the country, the strange incidents multiplied: The car’s engine, transmission and tires were all transplanted into cars that were subsequently involved in deadly crashes, and a truck carrying the Spyder’s chassis to a highway-safety exhibition skidded off the road, killing its driver. The remains of the car vanished from the scene of that accident and haven’t been seen since.
    Wütherich, whose feelings of guilt after the car accident never abated, tried to commit suicide twice during the 1960s--and in 1967, he stabbed his wife 14 times with a kitchen knife in a failed murder/suicide--and he died in a drunk-driving accident in 1981. Turnupseed died of lung cancer in 1981.

recon1
    Yep
    recon1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5637

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Interesting twist to the story:

A woman at the scene of the fatal one-vehicle accident involving Rob Bironas alleges in a 911 call that the former Titans kicker tried to run her car off the road moments before crashing.

In an 11:03 p.m. call to 911, the woman says she and her husband crossed paths with a white SUV.

"We let him go on past us because he was trying to run us off the road and we don't know who he is,'' the woman told the 911 operator. "… We just pulled out of his way, and we saw all this smoke and pulled over."

The woman's voice, trembling with emotion, said she and her husband did not know the man driving the SUV.

"There is something wrong with him,'' she said. "He gave us a mean look. We don't even know him, and he tried to run us off the road."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...call/16078295/
    Sounds like he was either fighting with the Wife or just bad things going on in his professional life. Driving with shit on your mind is as bad as DUI.

RIP Rob Bironas

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7858

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    SUV's are very top heavy and are easy to flip over but sports cars can crumble in pieces very easily. I came close to dying on several occasions driving my Ferrari like a wild man in California. I almost fish tailed into a truck close to where James Dean died. That was my wake up call. The story of his death, his friend driving in the car with him and the guy he hit are a cautionary tale. His car had to be haunted.
    oh for fukk's sake. come on, mac...at least make it a corvette

mackave
    mackave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8423

rip

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Baines View Post
    Sad news. Another 48 hours and he would have probably been signed by the Lions.
    Maybe he killed himself so he didnt have to play for lions?

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

RIP.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Titans kicker missed a ton of FGs yesterday too

Untied
    Untied's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Damn
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 09-18-15 at 03:57 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Good riddance. White trash tried to kill people with his car. Got what he deserved.

lupe
    lupe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

it gets weirder .... "hey dude, your exhaust is burning something ..... " ... bironas: "i'm gonna effing kill you". WTF

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...=%5B%271%27%5D

buddha
    buddha's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Good riddance. White trash tried to kill people with his car. Got what he deserved.
    naww...something more to it, the lady the phone got handed to in the 911 tape repeats, "emphasizes" WAY too much about how Brionas was in the wrong: "gave us a mean look", "must be on drugs or drunk", "is crazy" and all this at a time immediately following an accident that she can see the smoke/fire from.

Think objectively about what someone says to a 911 operator under these circumstances. Do they tell them about the car wreck or do they continually repeat themselves with statements that exonerate themselves from any wrongdoing.

If they do the latter....as this lady did.....and say nothing of the immediate peril (the car wreck) something is very obviously "wrong" and way out of the ordinary.

The woman and her husband have some 'splaining to do here. Feels certain that they contributed to the accident in some very big way.
    Points Awarded:

Untied gave buddha 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Untied

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

i remember when raiders kicker cole ford went crazy. maybe these kickers are suffering from foot concussions.

Mac4Lyfe

Hooper - I made my first million before I turned 30. Made $5million by 33. Me and the IRS spent it by 35.

True story, I shit you not.

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    oh for fukk's sake. come on, mac...at least make it a corvette

buddha

Hooper - I made my first million before I turned 30. Made $5million by 33.
    How'd you do it?

hawg200
    hawg200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Looks like there was more to the story..
    http://www.wkrn.com/story/26586773/f...n-car-accident

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Turning into bizarre story.

buddha

We let him go on past us because he was trying to run us off the road. We let him speed off past us.”

You see how she is so focused on establishing that they did nothing wrong? There has just been a car wreck. 911 operator had to ask her, like, 5 times if the car that went off the road was hers or not. All she wants to talk about is how she and her husband....did nothing wrong. The students reporting hassle by Bironas though does contradict my suspicion of this lady & her husband but you just know. Instinctively.

Who lobbys a 911 oprator with incessant whine about themselves as innocents without even mentioning even ONCE the friggin car wreck thats just happened? Sounds like Bironas just went nuts though, sudden-like. Something set him off big-time but this lady and her husband on the 911 call....maybe he got out of the car with a gun, Brionas floored it, ducked down and crashed? I want the truth out of this lady. TN Marshalls outta put her in a room and interrogate her.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mac4Lyfe

Mac4Lyfe

I helped grow this company into the 4th largest telecom that was eventually bought out for $4+ Billion dollars (the largest buyout in the US that year).

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/03/10/bu...-in-stock.html

Quote Originally Posted by buddha View Post
    How'd you do it?

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1712

They were prob going slow. He got mad like most of us do and zoomed past them. He just went to fast ....

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Or the other way around

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....

Quote Originally Posted by hawg200 View Post
    Looks like there was more to the story..
    http://www.wkrn.com/story/26586773/f...n-car-accident
    Interesting

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

The story with the younger kids is really f'd up. Sounded like they were trying to help him out by saying that they thought something was wrong with his car... then he says that he's gonna kill everybody in their car. wtf He had to be on something.

buddha

I helped grow this company into the 4th largest telecom that was eventually bought out for $4+ Billion dollars (the largest buyout in the US that year).

http://www.nytimes.com/1998/03/10/bu...-in-stock.html
    Awesome. You're very blessed to have been part of that journey to the victory seen and wealth at such an early age. What now? You just sit on the beach betting sports drinking Tequila from a wooden flask with females like the one in your photo or.....you have something else in mind victory-wise?

Mac4Lyfe

Now that you mention it. It does sound kinda shady.

We let him go on past us because he was trying to run us off the road. We let him speed off past us.”

You see how she is so focused on establishing that they did nothing wrong? There has just been a car wreck. 911 operator had to ask her, like, 5 times if the car that went off the road was hers or not. All she wants to talk about is how she and her husband....did nothing wrong. The students reporting hassle by Bironas though does contradict my suspicion of this lady & her husband but you just know. Instinctively.

Who lobbys a 911 oprator with incessant whine about themselves as innocents without even mentioning even ONCE the friggin car wreck thats just happened? Sounds like Bironas just went nuts though, sudden-like. Something set him off big-time but this lady and her husband on the 911 call....maybe he got out of the car with a gun, Brionas floored it, ducked down and crashed? I want the truth out of this lady. TN Marshalls outta put her in a room and interrogate her.

Mac4Lyfe

I wish... I spent money like it would come in forever and I had to fight with the IRS for many years, who got half my shit. I made a lot of money that should have lasted several lifetimes but I was young and a dreamer. I was hemorrhaging money month after month but was in denial for several years. But I had a fvukking ball. A fvukking ball!! I don't regret a thing.

Awesome. You're very blessed to have been part of that journey to the victory seen and wealth at such an early age. What now? You just sit on the beach betting sports drinking Tequila from a wooden flask with females like the one in your photo or.....you have something else in mind victory-wise?

buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Turning into bizarre story.
    You got that right. There seems to be absolutely NO talk of volatility, instability in regards to Bironas prior to this, he is seemingly "fine" watching movies with wife and friend(s?) until announcing he is retiring to bed at around 10:30pm then he vanishes to be reported threatening to kill some kids who merely tried to help him by telling him there was strange odor from his tailpipe ALSO AT AROUND 10:30pm.

How does he get from heading to bed in a house to being INSTANTLY in an SUV hassling college kids a distance away from the house (both these events reported to have occurred "around 10:30pm) with his wife of just 3 months (Terry Bradshaw's daughter) basically immediately reporting him "missing" (which its reported she does prior to 11:00pm) then you got this wacko lady on 911 not even mentioning to the 911 operator that theres just been a wreck wherein someone could be fighting for their life instead choosing to repeat to the 911 how they just let him speed on by and how the guy maybe dying a few yards away is crazy on drugs with something wrong with him instead of, as any other human being would in those circumstances, saying theres been a bad wreck get someone here now?

This shyt is totally weird.

Mac4Lyfe

Why did he leave the house? He's basically a newlywed with a hot wife waiting in bed?

buddha

I wish... I spent money like it would come in forever and I had to fight with the IRS for many years, who got half my shit. I made a lot of money that should have lasted several lifetimes but I was young and a dreamer. I was hemorrhaging money month after month but was in denial for several years. But I had a fvukking ball. A fvukking ball!! I don't regret a thing.
    Yeah, you can't regret stuff it accomplishes nothing to do so. Lesson Learned, gotta shelter funds somewhere, somehow, you get another whack at it and I'm sure you'll employ the knowledge gained upon your very unique journey which only a small handful of the human race get to make (wealth at young age) and you will do things differently, better. The IRS are motherf*kkkkers...you may know better than others. They're criminals cuz the shyt they do is unconstitutional but too big to fail with too many bureaucrats dependent on the teet they provide for their survival our forefathers would have tossed them all into the harbor then most of us too directly afterwards for not tossing them in the harbor first.

The most important things are that you had some joy from the experience I'm sure helped out a few others on the trip and that you now have an understanding that "money" is not the whole point of this life. Nice to have of course but it does not cure the ills of the Spirit often causes more of such or amplifies these. You've emerged with a healthy outlook which is priceless. Some hell MANY would have been left with bitterness and that would equal doom.

jaytee20
    jaytee20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4030

Maybe he had the Broncos money line?

buddha

Why did he leave the house? He's basically a newlywed with a hot wife waiting in bed?
    She was watching a movie with...it SOUNDS LIKE "a female friend" but might it have been a MALE friend?

Perhaps an angle there for immediate departure from home, storming out but even when one STORMS OUT they do not manage to get to an intersection miles away hassling college kids instantaneously like they went through a black hole.

"Strange Odor from tailpipe"....I wonder if the exhaust malfunction was also bleeding into the cab of the truck causing impairment, extreme irritability.....if I could find just one indication that this guy had mental problems prior to this incident I'd be less uncomfortable with the Road Rage following spat with new wife angle but theres nothing like that. His kicking accomplishments are unreal. To do what he did over the period of time he did it doesn't fit with a person who is unstable, the opposite and there is literally NOthing else to suggest that this behavior was COMPLETELY out of character for him.

buddha

And on top of all that I firmly BELIEVE that Bironas would have been kicking for DETROIT very soon maybe even this weekend (because Detroit kicker is very very bad) so why go crazy time-warp over to an intersection hassle some college kids then drive superfast over a ridge into a tree-line leaving no brake marks and killing yourself at THIS PARTICULAR MOMENT??!!??

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buddha been watching too much investigation discovery channel or may be LT Kenda.

buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
    Buddha been watching too much investigation discovery channel or may be LT Kenda.
    Naw, I don't watch none of that shyt, even had to Google "LT Kenda" cuz didn't know what the fug it was. All I watch is football and Mini-Series stuff like Deadwood, Breaking Bad, MadMen and JJGold Videos and more football. Its just when normal stable people go crazy it freaks me out cuz if they can't keep it together how are folks that are already crazy gonna?

First 123 Last