Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Joakim Noah
    Derek Rose
    Pau Gasol

thats the best 3 in the NBA.

team has a great fan base and terrific coach.

Any value on the Bulls to win the world championship?
    wow. is this Lebron denial is actually causing hallucinogenic episodes..
    this deserves a look into by the scientific community.

1) Gasol is washed up. Extremely slow on defense. When he is cold, he is ICE cold.
    Lasts whole game, no 12 minute funks for him

2) Noah is very good defender, rebounder. Not much more

3) Rose is entirely overrated. Turns to jelly in the presence of Lebron.
    Serious psychological issues with him

Bulls no chance i think to come out on top of Cavs.
    and i am saying that when the Cavaliers have NO experience playing together.
    Barring injury, that Div. looks like it belongs to Cleveland.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

Hope they don't give him heavy minutes during the season. He needs to be rested for the playoffs, the regular season don't mean squat. Knowing Chicago though, they'll run him into the ground.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    wow. is this Lebron denial is actually causing hallucinogenic episodes..
    this deserves a look into by the scientific community.

1) Gasol is washed up. Extremely slow on defense. When he is cold, he is ICE cold.
    Lasts whole game, no 12 minute funks for him

2) Noah is very good defender, rebounder. Not much more

3) Rose is entirely overrated. Turns to jelly in the presence of Lebron.
    Serious psychological issues with him

Bulls no chance i think to come out on top of Cavs.
    and i am saying that when the Cavaliers have NO experience playing together.
    Barring injury, that Div. looks like it belongs to Cleveland.

Your reasoning about the bulls is quite ridiculous to me. But I agree that the Bulls stand zero chance against the Cavs.

If Rose isn't playing like he was back in his MVP days, then Irving will be twice the PG he is.

don't know who the bulls will start at the SG, if Butler he's a wash with Waiters or whoever they throw out at the #2. Even if Dunleavy starts at the 3 he'd guard the 2, which Waiters would probably get the notch from me.

SF, why even discuss it, Butler can't guard Lebron after Butler logs 42 minutes a game for 82 games. James wouldn't expand any energy on defense since Butler is a non factor. If bulls start snell or mcdermott, that's a joke against Lebron. Butler would be the only guy that stands any sort of chance slowing Lebron down (25ppg instead of 40)

PF, can't see gasol staying with Love. But don't think Love would guard him very well either. But Gasol is one of the top passers at the PF. Imagine if the bulls have Mcdermott/Dunleavy both in the game, a couple of shooters on the bulls perimeter for the first time in ages...But let's get real, both of those guys on the court at once is ridiculous since the bulls wouldn't get any stops on D. But Gasol could play with most of the PF's in the east. Doesn't have to worry about Serge/Griffin/whoever rockets throw out there.

Center, Noah is great defender, emotional leader of team, great rebounder, great passer and if rose is slashing, that'll be something the bulls haven't had at PG in a couple years.

Noah/Gasol at the 4/5 will be tough for lots of defenses to play against. Both are great passers and both can finish downlow. Butler is one of my favorite players, because he plays hard all the time, but the bulls need another shooter for those guys to pass it to. Bulls only have 2 shooters and they are both white guys that stand no chance against the SG's/SF's of the NBA. Mirotic, who knows about that guy, he can shoot, but he could be a liability on defense just like the other white guys on the Bulls roster. Trade D Rose for Steph Curry or a PG that can hit a jumper and the team could be dangerous.

Hopefully Rose comes back and plays well...He should of worked on his Jumper with all the time off the past couple years. If he plays at 85% of his MVP season, the bulls should push for the #1 seed, but for sure a lock for at worst the #2...Ok maybe the #3 behind Wizards...Ok maybe they could also get #4 behind the Hawks as well. But likely #2, all depending on Rose hitting a jumper.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

LOL @ reading the box score this morning

Mirotic apparently fouled out in 14 mins

and some guy named Solomon Jones fouled out in 11 minutes!!!!

is that for real?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They will be 1 or 2 seed as long as Rose is healthy

Good chance they are in eastern conference finals

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBagels View Post
    Look nobody is denying that Chicago will be a great team. The problem with betting them to win the championship is that despite being a great defensive coach Tom Thibodeau has absolutely zero clue how to manage his players minutes during the regular season. You've seen it every year since he started coaching the bulls. Not to mention he relies way too heavily on vets and has no plan on how to incorporate new players besides being forced to due to injury. This is the guy that started Carlos Boozer despite having Taj Gibson being better at every aspect of the game. Boozer is a "vet" though.

I mean Bulls field great teams for most of the season and arrive in the playoffs and shit the bed because their starters are exhuasted. He gets his players injured by playing them too much. Noah just had arthiscopic surgery on his knee this offseason and if that doesn't act up there's his foot problems, Pau Gasol will have groin injuries, Jimmy Butler will get injured, Rose will go down with general soreness, Mike Dunlevy is in his 30's etc.

Don't expect Chicago to rely on their rookies either. Rookies see MP when starters get injured. The only reason they got anything out of Tony Snell was because Butler got injured and even then thibs was putting him in there when he was limping
    Pretty much this. The Bulls seem like they're in grind mode already in the preseason. This team has no clue.

Seto

Don't sleep on Miami in the East.

laclippers504
    laclippers504's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 179

I still don't see it

I could see a dark horse such wizards, bobcats or even heat coming out of the east.

Based on Rose injury track record i don't put much faith in this team. If he does stay healthy and the shooters they have added to their job then yeah.....then of course they have a shot

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The bulls are playing with a lot of fire in preseason so I think they want to send a message to the rest of the league they're going to play hardnose

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    LOL @ reading the box score this morning

Mirotic apparently fouled out in 14 mins

and some guy named Solomon Jones fouled out in 11 minutes!!!!

is that for real?

Didn't even know Preseason had started, until I saw a thread on here this morning. I don't know if Mirotic is going to be able to guard anyone playing the PF position. Don't even know his build, saw people compare him to Dirk, but I thought Dirk was decent at defense when he was younger and able to move quicker, but the game has changed with PF's now being smaller and quicker and able to shoot jumpers.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Bulls will be a good regular season team and their playoff run will depend on health.

Don't see them beating Cleveland or Miami in a 7 game series.

Wade Bosh and Deng is a much better trio than Rose Noah and Gasol. Not close.

Brooklyn's 3 with Darren Williams Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez is also better if those 3 can ever stay healthy at the same time.

And Cleveland's big 3 is obviously better too.

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Bulls will be a good regular season team and their playoff run will depend on health.

Brooklyn's 3 with Darren Williams Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez is also better if those 3 can ever stay healthy at the same time.

You see Deng last year? You see Wade last year? With Lebron on the team, neither of those guys did very good (bosh was ok)...Now sure that could be because Lebron had the ball and was offensive focus, but then again, every team defense was surrounding Lebron leaving the focus off those guys and neither could produce.

That is funny, "much better" and "not close", Sarcasm is tough to read, but I'll chalk it up as you being sarcastic. Kirk Hinrich could D up Wade, Butler and Deng just nullify each other. Bosh? Let him shoot 20 footers all night, he won't be wide open like last couple years, because Lebron drew his defender.

Brooklyn is better than the heat. Wizards will be better than the heat. Hawks probably, the fukin bobcats wouldn't surprise me if they were better, ok maybe bobcats was a stretch.

Bulls/Wizards/Hawks will be fighting for 2-4 in a close battle, that's my opinion. But like you said, alot depends on health.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Bulls will win the division barring injury. Bulls try to win every game. Cavs have plans to "rest" Lebron during the season.... Thibs isn't smart enough to rest his guys for meaningless games. Bulls are much deeper than every team in the East. The Bulls have 2 opponents in winning the East, health and the Cavs.

Romocide
    Romocide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3108

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    Bulls will win the division barring injury. Bulls try to win every game. Cavs have plans to "rest" Lebron during the season.... Thibs isn't smart enough to rest his guys for meaningless games. Bulls are much deeper than every team in the East. The Bulls have 2 opponents in winning the East, health and the Cavs.
    You're not giving the Wizards enough credit. They're a threat to both the Bulls and Cavs.

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    You're not giving the Wizards enough credit. They're a threat to both the Bulls and Cavs.
    Young and tough...But I don't think they have enough to beat the Cavs....And the Bulls match up well against them too. Although Wizards have a better 1/2 combo...But if Rose is back to decent, I'd still give edge to Wizards, but I believe Butler will hang with Beal and Pierce could get D'd up by Mcdermott and even Dunleavy.

Wizards are deep at the 4/5 position and that's about it. About the same as the bulls. Beal and Wall are the only guys at the 1/2 spot. Bulls have a coupe people that can play those positions, although not nearly as good as Beal/Wall.

I like the Wizards, hope they do good this year. But they got nothing for the Cavs.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9047

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    You see Deng last year? You see Wade last year? With Lebron on the team, neither of those guys did very good (bosh was ok)...Now sure that could be because Lebron had the ball and was offensive focus, but then again, every team defense was surrounding Lebron leaving the focus off those guys and neither could produce.

That is funny, "much better" and "not close", Sarcasm is tough to read, but I'll chalk it up as you being sarcastic. Kirk Hinrich could D up Wade, Butler and Deng just nullify each other. Bosh? Let him shoot 20 footers all night, he won't be wide open like last couple years, because Lebron drew his defender.

Brooklyn is better than the heat. Wizards will be better than the heat. Hawks probably, the fukin bobcats wouldn't surprise me if they were better, ok maybe bobcats was a stretch.

Bulls/Wizards/Hawks will be fighting for 2-4 in a close battle, that's my opinion. But like you said, alot depends on health.
    Dont forget about the raptors.

bigtymer56

If Darren is better than Deron this might be true.

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Dont forget about the raptors.

Who?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Romocide View Post
    I would tend to agree if they would have kept Ariza.

Seto

How easy is Miami over 43.5/44 wins if they stay somewhat healthy?

I have this team winning 49-50 games.

bigtymer56

Who?
    Solid young team that got their first playoff experience in the spring(1 basket from advancing to the second round). They'll be right there with all those other teams you mentioned.
    Last edited by bigtymer56; 10-09-14 at 06:19 PM.

johnwirk2015
    johnwirk2015's Avatar Become A Pro!

they'll do better then miami thats for sure

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Yeah I saw Wade last year and Wade's efficiency rating was better with Lebron off the floor than on...

And I"m pretty sure Wade averaged 19 5 and 5 last year i'll wait for you to list 5 other guys in the nba that did that last year. Wait, you probably won't even find 5. And that was considered a "bad" year for Wade. He's going into this year with a lot more motivation.

First 12