LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

If Ryan Mallett was Being Showcased for Trade to Texans, well....

per RotoWorld:

Getting the start, Ryan Mallett struggled in the Patriots' preseason opener, completing just 5-of-12 passes for 55 yards.

Quite simply, it was a Gabbert-esque performance. Mallett lost two completions to Patriots penalties, but missed passes every which way. He threw multiple balls in the dirt, and displayed shockingly poor timing with his second- and third-team compatriots. He was jittery in the pocket, and the Redskins took advantage, sending more heat than you typically see in a preseason game. Mallett looked nothing like a quarterback the Patriots are going to be receiving calls about. He's leaving the door open for rookie Jimmy Garoppolo to seize No. 2 duties.

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

That's the dumbest $hit I've heard.

The Patriots have said Ryan Mallet is 10x better than Garoppolo has been in camp.

I'm guessing whoever wrote the article didn't watch the game. 5/12 and 2 were penalties. That's 7/12 and 5 incomplete throws, they wasn't all in the dirt, lol.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19315

While Texans may no longer be interested, I'm sure Jacksonville and Minnesota would like him after last night.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

if Mallet is smart he stays learning from brady for a couple more years

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post

The Patriots have said Ryan Mallet is 10x better than Garoppolo has been in camp.

I'm guessing whoever wrote the article didn't watch the game. 5/12 and 2 were penalties. That's 7/12 and 5 incomplete throws, they wasn't all in the dirt, lol.
    That part could have just been a build-up for his suitors. Pats were supposedly close to a deal with Texans just before draft day, which may have influenced Houston not selecting a QB. No idea what happened.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

It's remarkable that you're in the NFL batting for a QB spot... and you play like preseason Game 1 was the first practice of the year. Blows my mind at some of these athletes. If I was a QB in the NFL... I wouldn't have a social life.. no girlfriend... nothing. I'd be studying film on teams... film on my mechanics... playbooks... everything. He looked like a clown out there.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    It's remarkable that you're in the NFL batting for a QB spot... and you play like preseason Game 1 was the first practice of the year. Blows my mind at some of these athletes. If I was a QB in the NFL... I wouldn't have a social life.. no girlfriend... nothing. I'd be studying film on teams... film on my mechanics... playbooks... everything. He looked like a clown out there.
    exactly, do your own thing, get a massive check...live happily ever after. plenty of time for all that shit after you get paid

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21593

Mallett stinks.

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

Only game I watched today, had no opinion on Mallet but obviously didn't stand out. That other dude gara..... how ever you spell it wasn't good at all though. From memory all he did was complete one hail mary and that's it. Pretty sure it was him in and they had 1st and goal at the 4 and went four and out as well.

runner5k
    runner5k's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5589

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBoatGambler View Post

No that would be 7/14....the penalties don't make the completed passes count as incomplete they just get taken off both sides of the stat.

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

I watched the game because I bet on the redskins

He sucked

RiverBoatGambler

Quote Originally Posted by runner5k View Post
    No that would be 7/14....the penalties don't make the completed passes count as incomplete they just get taken off both sides of the stat.
    Hey moron everyone knows the 2 penalties don't count as catches. I was simply saying the passes were on target and good throws.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    per RotoWorld:

Getting the start, Ryan Mallett struggled in the Patriots' preseason opener, completing just 5-of-12 passes for 55 yards.

Quite simply, it was a Gabbert-esque performance. Mallett lost two completions to Patriots penalties, but missed passes every which way. He threw multiple balls in the dirt, and displayed shockingly poor timing with his second- and third-team compatriots. He was jittery in the pocket, and the Redskins took advantage, sending more heat than you typically see in a preseason game. Mallett looked nothing like a quarterback the Patriots are going to be receiving calls about. He's leaving the door open for rookie Jimmy Garoppolo to seize No. 2 duties.
    Did the stadium had grass?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The guy is a clown pure and simple.....Million Dollar arm with half a brain....Maybe he will finally get it but I wouldn't bet on it. Kid is probably living the dream.....getting paid as Brady's backup

Also a well known coke head in college which obviously isn't a good look for the star QB.....Not gunna kill the guy for it as I have no clue how bad he really was with it, but it speaks more about his attitude and lack of decision making

RiverBoatGambler

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    The guy is a clown pure and simple.....Million Dollar arm with half a brain....Maybe he will finally get it but I wouldn't bet on it. Kid is probably living the dream.....getting paid as Brady's backup

Also a well known coke head in college which obviously isn't a good look for the star QB.....Not gunna kill the guy for it as I have no clue how bad he really was with it, but it speaks more about his attitude and lack of decision making

I'm from same area as Mallet, 3 years older. He was bad off on coke. But he had the world by the balls back in his Texas High days. I was a college star and he got same treatment as me when I came in town.

He was a douche to most people but I always liked him. I'll always root for him to make it.