bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    haha, turner didnt need to be mentioned
    dont know why most of the people on the board are overreacting
    its just a broken leg..................
    he will be walking around in a month or 2
    you do realize he has said doctors told him it's 3-4 months before he can put weight on it.....

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

ppl just expect he will come back perfectly fine, do not understand the mental aspect of coming back from an injury.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

no one knows yet but i'd rather have a clean break on my shin bone than my knees getting busted up.

especially without any nerve damage, hopefully he can comeback fully healthy.

we'll see, only time will tell...

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    ppl just expect he will come back perfectly fine, do not understand the mental aspect of coming back from an injury.
    like i have mentioned and many others
    he will be physically back to basically 100%
    i highly doubt it will take him very long to get over mental hurdles

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    you do realize he has said doctors told him it's 3-4 months before he can put weight on it.....
    where u getting this info from??

existential
    existential's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 168545

at the absolute very best, he'll perform to 75% capacity in 2 years time. he won't even start playing anything close to 'real' basketball until next summer. the 2014-2015 season is completely lost. in the 2015-2016 season, his minutes will be greatly reduced and he'll focus on conditioning and learning how to play below-the-rim.

so we're talking about the 2016-2017 season being the real test to determine whether he can truly perform to (at best) 75% of his prior capacity. that would mean he'd need to play at least 25-30% of the time above-the-rim and still show some explosiveness.

prior to injury, his game (on both ends) used to be 60-65% above the rim, so if he can somehow manage to perform at half that rate it'd be quite the accomplishment. at this point, he wouldn't be an effective below-the-rim player because of his body type and general lack of a post game so he needs to improve these two areas if he ever hopes to sign another contract after his current deal expires.

keep in mind this would still be the best scenario possible, meaning zero complications with his recovery: no lingering infections, bones were aligned properly, no long-term issues with the inserted rod, etc. so many different issues can develop independently once even the most basic weight-bearing movements begin and attempt to be sustained, so that's why his chances at being even nearly as good are poor. the most realistic medical outlook is that he'll be 50% of the player he use to be.

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

As i said when the injury first happened PG will not play next season. Now i've read it will be 4 months before he can even put weight on it, much less run, jump and move the way needed in order to play basketball. If you want to sticky this, i doubt he will even be ready for the start of the 15-16 season.

Regarding the Bulls, i'm not convinced Rose will make it through the season. The way Rose plays with that jerky movement when slashing to the net, it will be only a matter of time. Knee injury like his remind me of Brandon Roy, you can rest it, it will feel better BUT when you start playing and your body gets tired that knee will give out. Gasol meh, nice addition, but losing Deng will hurt.

I like the Raptors because they have their whole team back, plus additions, they have the best chemistry and are a young team, they will improve from individual development of younger guys and the addition of players. The Bulls will good but the East will be between Wiz, Raptors, and Cavs.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    haha, turner didnt need to be mentioned
    dont know why most of the people on the board are overreacting
    its just a broken leg..................
    he will be walking around in a month or 2
    LOL...Turner would obviously be getting major minutes now that Stephenson and Paul are gone... but with his departure its basically putting salt in the wound...its a bad beat for Indiana.......People simply are not aware of what the injury entails and how quickly one can recover from it. They think its a D-Rose situation when it clearly isn't. Kevin Ware was up and running in 6 months..and playing ball a few months after that...but the season is definitely a wash out...
    Last edited by Menses; 08-04-14 at 08:54 PM.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    LOL...Turner would obviously be getting major minutes now that Stephenson and Paul are gone... but with his departure its basically putting salt in the wound...its a bad beat for Indiana.......People simply are not aware of what the injury entails and how quickly one can recover from it. They think its a D-Rose situation when it clearly isn't. Kevin Ware was up and running in 6 months..and playing ball a few months after that...but the season is definitely a wash out...
    this is why u win when u have the chance
    might be a blessing in disguise as they may suck enuff to pick up a good rookie next year

First ... 2345