opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Had to go to the ER this morning.....

Kidney Stone.

Motherfukker. I've never felt anything close to that kind of pain. It literally felt like someone was stabbing me in the kidney with a fukking knife.

Doc said blood in the urine & CT scan showed the stone. That was the good news. Bad news is it hasn't passed yet. He said that's not going to be pleasant at all. He actually mentioned the Seinfeld episode where Kramer passed one. Said its a lot like that.

Fukk me.

Anyone else been thru this? Any tips?
    Points Awarded:

retard gave opie1988 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Kidney Stone.

Motherfukker. I've never felt anything close to that kind of pain. It literally felt like someone was stabbing me in the kidney with a fukking knife.

Doc said blood in the urine & CT scan showed the stone. That was the good news. Bad news is it hasn't passed yet. He said that's not going to be pleasant at all. He actually mentioned the Seinfeld episode where Kramer passed one. Said its a lot like that.

Fukk me.

I had the same issue a few weeks ago on a Sunday. I obviously being more of a man did not go to the ER though and instead waited until Monday to go to Docs/CT scan. It hurts like hell
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MatI

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Kidney Stone.

Fukk me.

Bro, never had one but my old man did. They had him drinking water and cranberry juice like it was going out of style. I do know the quicker you can pass it, the better.

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Just think about the worst pain you ever felt in your life.

and times that by 100.

Good luck Opie.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I guess you got to keep drinking

Water and cranberry

Lesdo you go to the bathroom a lot now??

I go a lot because I always drink water

Hate to see any sbr poster suffering

Hopefully it will pass today

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Co-worker is always pounding lemonade. I asked him why, he said chronic kidney stones. Drink up, Opie. When you pass it, put it on a chain and show that shit off.

tennisnut
    tennisnut's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Have had a couple. Last one was too big to pass so I had to have laser surgery to bust it in peices. They had to put a stint inside of my tubes for 2 weeks. Worse part was putting me in the gynolcologt chair and using the wire up my penis to pull out the stint. The stone was the worst pain I ever felt. Once you get one you are likely to get more now. Mine always gets stuck on the tubes going from the kidneys. Also make sure they test it when it passes so you will know if it is from calcium or not. Very important on controlling it the next time

Monitor-Tan
    Tony Romo of Daily Fantasy
    Monitor-Tan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 428

Yeah water and cranberry, A LOT OF it. The more you piss the more it'll help push that sucker out and pass it through the tube.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

opie with his white guy problems. in the hood grape drank is readily consumed, so no problems with the stones

The Prick
    Make America Great
    The Prick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3625

lol

opie got a yeast infection
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 11 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Swinging Johnson, El Nino, Roy Halladay, stealthyburrito, DiggityDaggityDo, RiverBoatGambler, MUHerd37, bigtymer56, mikejamm, Dollars2Donuts, and jagaf22

procapx
    procapx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 511

Co worker had the same problem. She's like in her 50s and stayed a night in the hospital.

Stay thirsty my friend.

jjgold

You should be fine as long as you keep drinking

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Wife passed one last month, opie. Said the pain was worse than giving birth.

My condolences.

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5566

All I know is when it does pass, that motha fukka will be on Ebay before you can say "JJ Gold loves steam rooms" and I'll be the first one bidding...and the last.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by tennisnut View Post
    Have had a couple. Last one was too big to pass so I had to have laser surgery to bust it in peices. They had to put a stint inside of my tubes for 2 weeks. Worse part was putting me in the gynolcologt chair and using the wire up my penis to pull out the stint. The stone was the worst pain I ever felt. Once you get one you are likely to get more now. Mine always gets stuck on the tubes going from the kidneys. Also make sure they test it when it passes so you will know if it is from calcium or not. Very important on controlling it the next time
    goddam.

opie1988

Drinking water as we speak. Doc gave me a funnel with a screen over the end. That's how supposed to know when it comes out. As I told my wife, on the upside, she now has another sifter to use in the kitchen once this things gone.

I literally thought I was dying this morning. Worst pain I've ever felt. Condolences to anyone who ever gets one.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Man up, Opie

physed
    physed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 391

What causes kidney stones so that I don't have to deal with that pain.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by physed View Post
    What causes kidney stones so that I don't have to deal with that pain.
    This

I want to take all preventative measures

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

dam that sucks... you think there would be some pain meds for it....

Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Drink beer. Piss like a mother fukk and dulls the pain.

jjgold

Scary thread

I think it's calcium bld up

Pass this fuk Opie and from now on drink a lot

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

nothing is worse than give birth... I repeat NOTHING...

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

Pass it and send to LOU to put as an item in the bet points store

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

if you have the cash/insurance you can get it removed pretty easily with shockwavs, lasers and etc

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Opie good luck with that, sucks man

Canuckdave
    Canuckdave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

You want pain, try having a gall bladder attack. Worst pain I have ever felt.

capitalist pig
    capitalist pig's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

If you didn't see a urologist they probably didn't write you a script for flomax, if you want to pass it ASAP call and try to get a script. It will help a lot it opens up everything a little more.

Wait till that thing tries to leave the kidney and get to the bladder, that's when the fever and nausea happen, after that peeing it out will be a piece of cake.

Prevention means no tea or dark soda, jmo

Later

opie1988

Quote Originally Posted by capitalist pig View Post
    If you didn't see a urologist they probably didn't write you a script for flomax, if you want to pass it ASAP call and try to get a script. It will help a lot it opens up everything a little more.

Wait till that thing tries to leave the kidney and get to the bladder, that's when the fever and nausea happen, after that peeing it out will be a piece of cake.

Prevention means no tea or dark soda, jmo

Later
    I actually did get a scrip for FloMax. He wrote me that as well as one for Narcos to deal with the pain. Wife is picking the meds up now.

I have an appt with a urologist next week. ER Dr recommended it. He said at my age (44), it's time to start with the general checkups.

Not sure anything could actually be done to prevent these. He said living in such a hot climate, and being outside as much as we are, it's basically impossible to keep up with hydration. I drink a lot of water, and like I said, I've never had one before. So who knows??

I'll keep you updated. Maybe even make a vid. That should be fun!!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Kidney Stone.

Fukk me.

had five to seven Opie. Just kick back in a recyliner and pop pain pills till it passes. Only thing you could do to ease the suffering. Every piss is crucial and when it finally passes it is like ya won the lottery. Brutal fukin pain. Sometimes they make ya puke ur guts out. That shot they give ya in the hospital relieves the pain nicely but it wears off but it becomes a tad bit more tolerable. Didn't read the rest of the thread. Got to head to work. Oh haven't had any in two years. Stay hydrated is the best info u can get

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Just reading this makes my insides hurt. Never have had one, but I've had a friend and my dad passed one. Both said it was the most painful thing ever. Really hoping I don't have to go through it.

Battle through it OP, feel better.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Research shows that AIDS is the primary cause for kidney stones.
    Good luck chief.

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

would self-cathing yourself make it pass easier?

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Kidney stones are a result of a poor diet and lifestyle. Main causes are not drinking enough fluids, not eating enough fruits and vegetables daily, excessive sodium, and/or a high-protein diet. My guess is that your diet is high in processed foods (which contain large amounts of sodium), lower in fruits and vegetables, and you don't drink enough water.
    Last edited by chilidog; 08-01-14 at 01:13 PM.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8394

Kidney Stone.

Fukk me.

I am sure your doctor will tell you to drink a lot of water. Organic apple cider vinegar helps apparently.

1234 ... Last