Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

[QUOTE=teaserpleaser;22317109]If he's healthy," one top talent evaluator said of Kemp, who turns 30 on Sept. 23, "he would absolutely destroy that ballpark [Fenway Park .... Taken from that Espn article I linked.[/QUOTe
    Yeah i remember the same being said about A Gonzalez and crawford........ A Gon was ok, and Crawford was hurt his entire time here.... Redsox are trading for Kemp, uness they are sure he is healthy and getting some high propects back....

Footballtime

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    They won't take on much.

Gordon Edes reports that the Red Sox are considering trying to acquire Matt Kemp from the Dodgers.
    The Dodgers have reportedly been shopping Kemp around, but would likely have to eat a large portion of his remaining salary (he's owed $107 million between 2015-2019) to make a deal work. Edes suggests that Jon Lester -- who is scheduled to become a free agent this winter --- could be involved in the return package heading to the Dodgers. Los Angeles is known to be seeking a starting pitcher at the trade deadline and Boston would be a seemingly-excellent change of scenery for Kemp.

Source: ESPN Boston
    LT, thanks for the link.......... Yeah the redsox could be interested if the dodgers are going to pay kemp to play in boston, Lester COULD be part of that package.........

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I just dont understand what people see in Matt Kemp. Its becoming more and more clear his runner up MVP season was a fluke and his plateau. If the Dodgers get Lester for Kemp and whatever or whoever, they are geniuses. I cant believe the Red Sox are selling like this. You need Lester. Period.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12882

SO??? That won't happen.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    I just dont understand what people see in Matt Kemp. Its becoming more and more clear his runner up MVP season was a fluke and his plateau. If the Dodgers get Lester for Kemp and whatever or whoever, they are geniuses. I cant believe the Red Sox are selling like this. You need Lester. Period.
    May as well get SOMETHING for Lester. Even if it is not Kemp, there is a good chance Boston moves him.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

May as well get SOMETHING for Lester. Even if it is not Kemp, there is a good chance Boston moves him.
    Agreed, but they aren't going to accept Kemp, I may have not been specific enough prior post. They will need more than a "Danny Kater" type guy. Remember him in the Sparky Lyle Trade, that was brilliant. LOL. your thoughts ???

sbrhedge
    sbrhedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by BeanTownClown88 View Post
    I hope Boston stays with Jackie Bradley Jr. He's really improving behind the plate and is standing out defensively.
    I'd rather see the kid play center for us over Kemp especially in a meaningless season now.
    +1

when i saw this, that's a crazy long throw:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...om-home-plate/

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Red Sox gonna fleece la again I guess

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Lester having a rough year but he should not be traded for Kemp. If Kemp played for the Royals nobody would even know his name.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dodgers know Kemp is washed up

Let's see what sucker team get him

OMGRandyJackson
    OMGRandyJackson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4054

I think a lot of you are missing a MAJOR point. LESTER IS A FREE AGENT IN 3 MONTHS.

You can say Lester is worth much more than Peavy in terms of prospects and you would be right. BUT no team in their right mind is going to trade major of prospects for a three month rental.

The Dodgers moving Kemp and one prospect makes sense. They get Kemp off their books and they lose 1 prospect for a real run at a WS. I still cannot figure out why Boston would want to take a gamble on Kemp with that salary owed.

Also Lester has stated that he will more than likely not sign an extension with a team that trades for him. That will play a major factor as well.

OMGRandyJackson

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie1412 View Post
    I cant believe the Red Sox are selling like this. You need Lester. Period.
    Because he is a FA in 3 months and has said he would like to return. Sox trade him for something (anything really) and then 3 months later resign.

OMGRandyJackson

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyIsWater View Post
    Horrible move for Dodgers to do that to kemp.
    How is that horrible? They paid his ass, and he's been garbage since Rihanna tossed him to the curb.

jjgold

Kemp is a minor-league ballplayer now although most high paid players are now

If you can get a soccer team to take camp I would do it in a second

sbrhedge

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    How is that horrible? They paid his ass, and he's been garbage since Rihanna tossed him to the curb.
    wow, even Rihanna wanted to get beatup by Chris Brown rather than be with Kemp?

so that's why even V. Stiviano stopped taking pics with him

Footballtime

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Lester having a rough year but he should not be traded for Kemp. If Kemp played for the Royals nobody would even know his name.
    Rough year? Lester is 10-7 and around a 2.45 era, If the redsox had some offense he would be 14-3...........

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LordVodka View Post
    Rough year??? I thought he was in the top ten in ERA in MLB ?? He is ranked 9th, 149K's and only 10 BB in 143 innings, that's not bad for a team with no offense to help him win games.

LT Profits

Lester is a popular man.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Brewers are among the teams who have called the Red Sox about left-hander Jon Lester.
    As Heyman notes, the Brewers have been aggressive with in-season moves before, but it's not clear if they have the pieces to get a deal done. Rookie right-hander Jimmy Nelson is one possibility. Of course, the Brewers aren't alone in their interest for Lester, as the Dodgers, Mariners, Pirates and Orioles have also reportedly been in touch with the Red Sox.

Source: CBSSports.com

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by OMGRandyJackson View Post
    I think a lot of you are missing a MAJOR point. LESTER IS A FREE AGENT IN 3 MONTHS.

You can say Lester is worth much more than Peavy in terms of prospects and you would be right. BUT no team in their right mind is going to trade major of prospects for a three month rental.

The Dodgers moving Kemp and one prospect makes sense. They get Kemp off their books and they lose 1 prospect for a real run at a WS. I still cannot figure out why Boston would want to take a gamble on Kemp with that salary owed.

Also Lester has stated that he will more than likely not sign an extension with a team that trades for him. That will play a major factor as well.
    Re-read my earlier post, Dodgers would eat a huge chunk of his salary, Red Sox would not take on much of it.

But it looks like there is a lot of competition for Lester.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Lester is a popular man.

CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reports that the Brewers are among the teams who have called the Red Sox about left-hander Jon Lester.
    As Heyman notes, the Brewers have been aggressive with in-season moves before, but it's not clear if they have the pieces to get a deal done. Rookie right-hander Jimmy Nelson is one possibility. Of course, the Brewers aren't alone in their interest for Lester, as the Dodgers, Mariners, Pirates and Orioles have also reportedly been in touch with the Red Sox.

Source: CBSSports.com
    I think the Pirates of this group, have the biggest need for him. I certainly wouldn't trade him in my own division (Baltimore) The Mariners need hitting and offense, not so much a pitcher. The Dodgers, well they like to pay big money to ex-red Sox players that's for sure. The Brewers, that would probably give them a huge boost, in their division. He is a hot commodity. I wish him well, where ever he goes.

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

dont know what ppl are talking about. kemp is a stud when healthy. and thats a big WHEN.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Lester having his best year ever

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the dodgers land cole hamels,price, or Lester it's pretty much a wrap right who beats Kershaw,Greinke,one of those 3 and Ryu in a national league series?

jjgold

Dodgers vs Angels or Oakland seems to be the consensus

Its all pitching....nothing else

LT Profits

Lester scratched from Wednesday start!

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Dodgers better fukk the Red Socs... They same way they fukked us with Beckett and Crawford...

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Lester prolly to la

As dodgers get fleeced again

jay89
    jay89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

LAD can put up the price, and they can offload a big outfielder contract. they have a couple prospects to go along as well.

Boston's going to come out well ahead in this trade if Lester returns to boston. LAD goes for the championship, ponies up big for lester

LT Profits

Looks like down to three choices....

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cardinals, Dodgers and Pirates are all "in the mix" for Jon Lester.
    Lester has been scratched from Wednesday's scheduled start and is expected to be dealt soon, so it sounds like it will come down to which of the three clubs Rosenthal mentions makes the best offer. It was reported previously that Josh Bell was at the center of the Red Sox' talks with the Pirates. It's not clear at this point what the Cardinals and Dodgers are offering. Lester seems likely to change addresses on Wednesday.

teaserpleaser

rather the dodgers just stay as is then to give up a prospect like Pederson or seager or any of the pitching prospects.... They can beat out the giants roster as is.... lol Phillies wanted Pederson,seager , and urias for cole hamels...um fukk no.

sbrhedge

I hope LA gets Price instead of Lester, but prob not gonna happen

teaserpleaser

Me too

LT Profits

Dodgers are OUT! But A's have snuck into the picture.

MLB.com's Peter Gammons reports that the Dodgers are no longer pursuing Jon Lester, David Price and Cole Hamels.

The Dodgers are refusing to give up Joc Pederson, Corey Seager or Julio Urias in any deal, which makes acquiring one of the aforementioned aces an impossibility. Gammons said they're now focused on adding a back-end starter and bullpen help. With the Cardinals also out of the picture, it appears the Lester market might be down to the Pirates and A's.

Source: Peter Gammons on Twitter

teaserpleaser

Cool like I said in post #65 nothing wrong with staying put as is.....

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

Smart of the dodgers to give up fuk a 3 month rental for so many pieces

First 123 Last