homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Pac 12 will be down but big 12 will be up this year

Oregon, stanford, asu, all with major personnel losses so i expect a few notches down for what was a very good conf last year. The bottom half of the conf will have plenty of chances at upsets over the traditional top teams in the conf, oreg and stanford

ucla and (cough) usc might end up being the two best teams in the conf when the season winds down in late nov but of course theyre both in the south so they cant meet in pac 12 title gm.

I predict ucla loses 2 games so they just miss the final 4

in the big 12 i see 7 bowl teams out of the 10 who take the field. Okla will be nasty on d. Tcu should have a bounce back year. Baylor should pick up right where they left off on o.

the surprises should be west va who has some experience now, tex tech who is getting to know coach kingsbury and his system now, kansas st who should rebound with a veteran qb under snyder, and wait for it..........texas......yes texas should flirt with 9 wins with ash at qb and a reenergeized program under strong

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Big 12 ?????

no chance in hell they get a team in the final 4. Nobody in that conference plays defense and the best football school in that conference Texas is no longer relevant

homie1975

Bear are u going to judge an entire conf on whether they get a team in the final 4? Florida st won the bcs title does that say great things about the acc necessarily?

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

ASU lost everyone on defense. Lots of overs.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Big 12 ?????

no chance in hell they get a team in the final 4. Nobody in that conference plays defense and the best football school in that conference Texas is no longer relevant
    I'll take that bet.

The Big 12 will have a team in the playoff.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The Pac 12 is by far, a better conference than the Big 12. Not even close. Oregon returns 8 starters on the best offense in the nation including the #1 Heisman candidate at QB. Please tell us what "major losses" Oregon has. Just who do you think will defeat Oregon? When UCLA crushes Texas on 9/13, we will be able to dismiss your theory of the Big 12 being able to compete with the Pac 12.

homie1975

Have u seen Oregon losses on d? 6 starters and 2 key backups.

You're gonna judge on just one game between ucla and texas? FYI as u know ucla is in yr 3 under mora with 17 or 18 guys back as starters and are top 5 but u think the game vs Texas who will be just starting out with a new coach and new schemes is the barometer?

Let the season play out dude. Did u think Oregon would get smoked at Arizona last yr? I didn't think so

homie1975

I'll pick Oregon once again to lose 2 games this yr. Tough road gms at ucla and at Oregon St not to mention at wsu. Tough gms. Good thing they host mich St instead if a trip to east Lansing

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Oklahoma State gonna get smacked by FSU

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by GT21Megatron View Post
    Oklahoma State gonna get smacked by FSU
    yes they are.

did you notice i did not say anything about them being a good team from the big 12?

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    yes they are.

did you notice i did not say anything about them being a good team from the big 12?
    Texas gonna be real good on D but Charlie Strongs offense isn't gonna suit Ashe well I don't think. UCLA will be good and USC might have the best defense in the country. I can't believe BAMA is laying 4 TDs on a neutral field against WVU

GT21Megatron

I agree that TCU could be a 10 win team this year. Returning 16 starters, there top WRs got the transfer from Nebraska coming in at RB

GT21Megatron

I agree that TCU could be a 10 win team this year. Returning 16 starters, there top WRs got the transfer from Nebraska coming in at RB and Joekel comin in at QB. Fields is a complete beast.

mik5058
    mik5058's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4654

I agree that TCU could be a 10 win team this year. Returning 16 starters, there top WRs got the transfer from Nebraska coming in at RB and Joekel comin in at QB. Fields is a complete beast.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-investigation

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I'll pick Oregon once again to lose 2 games this yr. Tough road gms at ucla and at Oregon St not to mention at wsu. Tough gms. Good thing they host mich St instead if a trip to east Lansing
    Homie. It is obvious that you know absolutely NOTHING about Pac 12 football. You are the one of the few people in America that apparently thinks that the Big 12 is a better conference than the Pac 12. Let me fill you in on a few details that I am sure you did not know about.

First, I DID pick Arizona to defeat Oregon, but for a reason I am sure that you were NOT aware of. If you think you know what the reason was, let me know.

Second. Oregon State has not defeated Oregon at home since 2006, and has not defeated Oregon at all since 2007. So much for that alleged "tough" game. Washington State's last win against Oregon also came in 2006. Since then, Wazzu has not given up less than 43 points to Oregon and an average of over 52 ppg. So much for that away "toughie".

Now let's get one thing in the clear. I am a bit confused because you keep backtracking on your statements, so let me ask you this. Who has the better conference. The Big 12 or the Pac 12? Which conference has the best chance of getting a team into the playoff? Perhaps the answers to those questions may clear up some of the confusion. I am of record stating that the Pac 12 is the better conference and that Oregon will be in the playoffs. What say you?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I agree that TCU could be a 10 win team this year. Returning 16 starters, there top WRs got the transfer from Nebraska coming in at RB
    Name me 16 starters that TCU return. They return next to no one on offense. This team is simply terrible on offense. If you really think that TCU can win 10 games, I strongly suggest that you do NOT wager on them. Do you really think that TCU can defeat Oklahoma, and win games at Baylor and Texas? I doubt if they get past K. State. Teams that win 4 games in the previous season and lose 8 starters on offense do not win 10 games the next season.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

The Big 10 sucks.

It's 2 good teams and 3 okay teams and 9 bad ones. Some of the bad ones are putrid bad.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Texas gonna be real good on D but Charlie Strongs offense isn't gonna suit Ashe well I don't think. UCLA will be good and USC might have the best defense in the country. I can't believe BAMA is laying 4 TDs on a neutral field against WVU
    Let's call it the way it is. Playing in Atlanta hardly constitutes a "neutral field" for Alabama. They will have a big crowd advantage. They also have won and covered their last 5 openers on "Neutral Field" sites. West Virginia probably will finish in the bottom third of Big 12. They really have a poor team. 27 1/2 points is not that much, when you consider that 'Bama has lost two straight games. The last time this happened, Saban and Company defeated a 10 win Va. Tech team in it's "Neutral Field" opener and covered rather handily. I would not be surprised to see 'Bama cover again, esecially against a team that more of a chance to lose 10 games than to win 10 games. Tread cautiously with this game.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Big 12 better than Pac 12 you must be doing some wild drugs homie

GT21Megatron

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Name me 16 starters that TCU return. They return next to no one on offense. This team is simply terrible on offense. If you really think that TCU can win 10 games, I strongly suggest that you do NOT wager on them. Do you really think that TCU can defeat Oklahoma, and win games at Baylor and Texas? I doubt if they get past K. State. Teams that win 4 games in the previous season and lose 8 starters on offense do not win 10 games the next season.
    Your wrong man.

Phil Steele

After winning at least 11 games in six of their seven seasons playing in the Mountain West, the Horned Frogs have compiled a disappointing 11-14 overall record (6-12 in conference play) over their two years in the Big 12. Last year, TCU might have been a much stronger team had it not lost two starting linebackers in the offseason and 2012 Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year Devonte Fields after just one game. While the Frogs finished just 4-8 last year, they had a chance to win in the fourth quarter or overtime in seven of the eight games they lost.

This year, TCU brings back 16 starters and adds Texas A&M transfer QB Matt Joeckel. Joeckel is a better fit for the new offense that incoming offensive coordinators Doug Meacham and Sonny Cumbie are installing, which features a high-tempo, pass-happy scheme similar to what they had at their previous stops (Houston and Texas Tech, respectively). The addition of Joeckel also might allow the Horned Frogs to move Trevone Boykin to wide receiver or running back, where he is a threat to score on any play. In any event, they'll be four deep at RB, where they're led by Nebraska transfer Aaron Green and B.J. Catalon, and will return five of their top six receivers.

GT21Megatron

Let's call it the way it is. Playing in Atlanta hardly constitutes a "neutral field" for Alabama. They will have a big crowd advantage. They also have won and covered their last 5 openers on "Neutral Field" sites. West Virginia probably will finish in the bottom third of Big 12. They really have a poor team. 27 1/2 points is not that much, when you consider that 'Bama has lost two straight games. The last time this happened, Saban and Company defeated a 10 win Va. Tech team in it's "Neutral Field" opener and covered rather handily. I would not be surprised to see 'Bama cover again, esecially against a team that more of a chance to lose 10 games than to win 10 games. Tread cautiously with this game.
    Atlanta is just as close to Bama as it is to WVU bro. WVU also travels well. It's neutral don't sugar coat that and spin it. Don't compare the ACC to Big12 either. VT was in that game against Bama pulled away late also

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Atlanta is just as close to Bama as it is to WVU bro. WVU also travels well. It's neutral don't sugar coat that and spin it. Don't compare the ACC to Big12 either. VT was in that game against Bama pulled away late also
    Someone failed geography

Vegas39

only 400 miles difference

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

No chance

WVU

Mariota, Hundley, Hogan. Stanford is stacked with NFL prospects going in the first two rounds. Oregon/UCLA/USA not too shabby either prospects wise. There's more to that but the Big 12 isn't really even close to the Pac 12 right now.

The Big 12 plays each other then no one out of conference, yet they continue to be defend their shit OOC. I guess WVU getting smoked by Alabama is the big one for the conference, or maybe Duke beating up Kansas. Can't forget about FSU doing the same to Okie State and the best of all, UCLA beating up on Texas.

Maybe the top two Oklahoma and Baylor should play someone to show how good the conference is.

homie1975

Homie. It is obvious that you know absolutely NOTHING about Pac 12 football. You are the one of the few people in America that apparently thinks that the Big 12 is a better conference than the Pac 12. Let me fill you in on a few details that I am sure you did not know about.

First, I DID pick Arizona to defeat Oregon, but for a reason I am sure that you were NOT aware of. If you think you know what the reason was, let me know.

Second. Oregon State has not defeated Oregon at home since 2006, and has not defeated Oregon at all since 2007. So much for that alleged "tough" game. Washington State's last win against Oregon also came in 2006. Since then, Wazzu has not given up less than 43 points to Oregon and an average of over 52 ppg. So much for that away "toughie".

Now let's get one thing in the clear. I am a bit confused because you keep backtracking on your statements, so let me ask you this. Who has the better conference. The Big 12 or the Pac 12? Which conference has the best chance of getting a team into the playoff? Perhaps the answers to those questions may clear up some of the confusion. I am of record stating that the Pac 12 is the better conference and that Oregon will be in the playoffs. What say you?

2013 season there is no doubt the PAC 12 was superior to the BIG 12. on covers.com i posted prior to the 2013 season that the PAC 12 would give the SEC a run for their money as far as best conf goes. i based that on my preseason research of every team.

that same research i do every summer shows the BIG 12 on paper just as good as the PAC 12 heading into THIS season. the past is the past. hence my subject of this thread which says PAC 12 is down and BIG 12 is up. they are almost dead even on paper. but the pac does have 12 teams and the Big 12 has only 10, so a bigger sample to choose from.

the PAC 12 will have some difficulty at the top spots, namely Oregon and Stanford. the ducks on D and the cardinal a bit on O and on D. these will be problem areas because they are replacing too many guys. how did the rose bowl work out for stanford? they lose that whole linebacking corps from a great D
    Last edited by homie1975; 07-24-14 at 06:39 PM.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    No chance

WVU

Mariota, Hundley, Hogan. Stanford is stacked with NFL prospects going in the first two rounds. Oregon/UCLA/USA not too shabby either prospects wise. There's more to that but the Big 12 isn't really even close to the Pac 12 right now.

The Big 12 plays each other then no one out of conference, yet they continue to be defend their shit OOC. I guess WVU getting smoked by Alabama is the big one for the conference, or maybe Duke beating up Kansas. Can't forget about FSU doing the same to Okie State and the best of all, UCLA beating up on Texas.

Maybe the top two Oklahoma and Baylor should play someone to show how good the conference is.

cherrypicking on games with BIG 12 lower tier teams like Kansas? FYI Bama has been pretty good under Saban and they are nearly 4 TD faves over WVA, right in their backyard of Atlanta.

FSU is the national champ and they get to play an okie st team that suffered 13 lost starters. UCLA gets to play Texas who has a new coach and new schemes in all phases of the game.

let the season play out and when it's all said and done the night of Dec 6, we'll judge the reg season each conf had from top to bottom.

then after the bowls we'll look again.

i am basing my opinions after studying spring game reports and now the preseason annuals listing ret starters, backups, and overall talent and experience.

the Big 12 takes a step forward this year and the Pac 12 takes one backward.

UCLA and USC = the two best teams on paper in the Pac 12

Vegas39

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Typical amateur excuse maker. Who covered? Who won? 'Bama, boy. Keep your excuses to yourself. Excuses are for losers. Now, since you think West Virginia travels so well, why did they NOT sell out their allotment of Bowl tickets to the 2008 Fiesta Bowl, which happened to be a BCS Bowl? Yiou Big 12 homers just have to get it kicked out of you before you finally figure it out. The ACC has the current NC, a team that NO Big 12 team would have a chance against. The ACC also has 14 teams, while the Big 12, afraid of playing a CC game, and afraid of upsetting Texas, the team that rules the conference, had but 10. Hard to compare, but I can tel you that Florida State and Oregon would crush any Big 12 team they played. Not real sure about 'Bama, because they did ose to Oklahoma, but they would easily crush any other Big 12 team. Ohio State or Michigan State would be a good match up for Oklahoma, or Baylor (the rest of the Big 12 sucks). By the way genius, it is well over 600 miles from Morgantown to Atlanta. It is 202 miles from Tuscaloosa to Atlanta. Any other geography lessons you want to give us?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

cherrypicking on games with BIG 12 lower tier teams like Kansas? FYI Bama has been pretty good under Saban and they are nearly 4 TD faves over WVA, right in their backyard of Atlanta.

FSU is the national champ and they get to play an okie st team that suffered 13 lost starters. UCLA gets to play Texas who has a new coach and new schemes in all phases of the game.

let the season play out and when it's all said and done the night of Dec 6, we'll judge the reg season each conf had from top to bottom.

then after the bowls we'll look again.

i am basing my opinions after studying spring game reports and now the preseason annuals listing ret starters, backups, and overall talent and experience.

the Big 12 takes a step forward this year and the Pac 12 takes one backward.

How am I cherry picking? Those are the only games of note in the OOC schedule, if the better teams played anyone I would have made note but they play no one. My bad, I guess I forgot Oklahoma against the bottom of the SEC in Tennessee or Texas against BYU? No clue what you're going for here, you seem to be making a nice argument for the Big 12 being down actually.

GT21Megatron

Typical amateur excuse maker. Who covered? Who won? 'Bama, boy. Keep your excuses to yourself. Excuses are for losers. Now, since you think West Virginia travels so well, why did they NOT sell out their allotment of Bowl tickets to the 2008 Fiesta Bowl, which happened to be a BCS Bowl? Yiou Big 12 homers just have to get it kicked out of you before you finally figure it out. The ACC has the current NC, a team that NO Big 12 team would have a chance against. The ACC also has 14 teams, while the Big 12, afraid of playing a CC game, and afraid of upsetting Texas, the team that rules the conference, had but 10. Hard to compare, but I can tel you that Florida State and Oregon would crush any Big 12 team they played. Not real sure about 'Bama, because they did ose to Oklahoma, but they would easily crush any other Big 12 team. Ohio State or Michigan State would be a good match up for Oklahoma, or Baylor (the rest of the Big 12 sucks). By the way genius, it is well over 600 miles from Morgantown to Atlanta. It is 202 miles from Tuscaloosa to Atlanta. Any other geography lessons you want to give us?
    Amateur excuse? THe game wasn't close until the 4th quarter? That's a fact no damn excuse. You need slow down tough guy. I've seen your plays and you aren't as smart as your trying to come off. There isn't that big of a difference in travel 400 miles? Whoopsie shit. ACC sucks outside of FSU right now and that's a fact. Look up there records in BCS bowl games over the past 15 years. Your spouting off that any SEC team and Oregon would lay wood to any team in the Big 12. Love the early swag bold predictions. I'm sure you were saying the same thing when Oregon got trounced by Arizona.....ARIZONA!!! Oregon might finish 3rd in the damn PAC 12 this year.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Only a rank amateur would read Steele's Mag and think it is true. Steele counts a returning starter as
    ANY player who started ONE game, even though he may have played only one play. You rank amateurs who read Steele and actually believe him make myself and my friends a ton of money. You empty your wallets into ours. By the way, just to remind you, Morgantown to Atlanta is well over 600 Miles. Tuscaloosa to Atlanta is 200. Grow the hell up.

GT21Megatron

Only a rank amateur would read Steele's Mag and think it is true. Steele counts a returning starter as
    ANY player who started ONE game, even though he may have played only one play. You rank amateurs who read Steele and actually believe him make myself and my friends a ton of money. You empty your wallets into ours. By the way, just to remind you, Morgantown to Atlanta is well over 600 Miles. Tuscaloosa to Atlanta is 200. Grow the hell up.
    your the Fukin tout clown needle dick....remember this?

The line may go over 21, in which case Va. Tech is a great wager. They will not win this game, but going back to "Beamer Ball" is what they plan on doing this seaason. That means a tough defense, a ball control offense, gooed special teams play, and not giving the ball away. They do not have the talent to win this game outright, but if the line hits 21.5, they certainly have more than enough talent to cover that spread.
    hahahah against Bama which you were touting above and I'm the dumbass? Buried
    Last edited by GT21Megatron; 07-24-14 at 07:19 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Night-Tripper

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    How am I cherry picking? Those are the only games of note in the OOC schedule, if the better teams played anyone I would have made note but they play no one. My bad, I guess I forgot Oklahoma against the bottom of the SEC in Tennessee or Texas against BYU? No clue what you're going for here, you seem to be making a nice argument for the Big 12 being down actually.
    is kansas state hosting national runner-up auburn any good? oklahoma scheduled that game with tennessee many years ago when tenn was good. you know how scheduling works, right?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    oh man, the last thing an oregon fan needs to do is talk. want to know why nick your D coordinator retired? because your D won't be that good this year.

you duck fans i meet here and there sure are cocky for a team that chokes at least one game (often times two) every year

Vegas39

oh man, the last thing an oregon fan needs to do is talk. want to know why nick your D coordinator retired? because your D won't be that good this year.

you duck fans i meet here and there sure are cocky for a team that chokes at least one game (often times two) every year
    I will go out on a limb and say main reason you think Oregon fans are cocky is others have called you out on your uneducated bullshit posts with no merit to them as I am about to.

First as far as Nick Aliotti leaving it had zero and I repeat ZERO percent basis on returning team. He was set to leave year before when Chip went to Eagles . AD Rob Mullens asked him to stay one more year so not losing Chip and him at same time. He signed a ONE year deal to do so. So next time try getting facts straight before running off at mouth

Second gonna assume your idea of choking far different. Every loss last few years to a bowl team. Yet your ready to blow every Big 12 team like Kansas St yet they lose week one last year to fun North Dakota

Easy to see why you are a clueless fukk just running his mouth

1234 ... Last