homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

i think oregon O will be just fine but the D will miss the 6 starters and 2 key backups.

tough games for oregon:

v mich state (i predict they win this game mainly because spartan young D still gelling and oregon moves ball well)

at wazzu (tougher gm than you think)

at UCLA (loss for the ducks)

vs cal in santa clara (just watch how cal moves the ball on ducks)

v stanford (cards have proven they know how to clamp down oregon O)

at utah (salt lake city in nov is no fun)

at oregon state (beavers outplayed ducks last yr IN eugene)

i see 2 losses on that schedule. 1 to bruins on the road and the other loss most likely in corvallis. ducks do not have the same swagger under helfrich that they had under chip. something is missing. it was evident in the last 4 gms of the reg season LY

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    i think oregon O will be just fine but the D will miss the 6 starters and 2 key backups.

tough games for oregon:

v mich state (i predict they win this game mainly because spartan young D still gelling and oregon moves ball well)

at wazzu (tougher gm than you think)

at UCLA (loss for the ducks)

vs cal in santa clara (just watch how cal moves the ball on ducks)

v stanford (cards have proven they know how to clamp down oregon O)

at utah (salt lake city in nov is no fun)

at oregon state (beavers outplayed ducks last yr IN eugene)

i see 2 losses on that schedule. 1 to bruins on the road and the other loss most likely in corvallis. ducks do not have the same swagger under helfrich that they had under chip. something is missing. it was evident in the last 4 gms of the reg season LY
    god you seem totally clueless

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    god you seem totally clueless
    I'm not saying cal will win but the game is on a Friday night doyen in the bay area the golden bears will move the ball u can count on that. If cal qb goff is healthy they'll put up 28 just watch

Vegas39

I'm not saying cal will win but the game is on a Friday night doyen in the bay area the golden bears will move the ball u can count on that. If cal qb goff is healthy they'll put up 28 just watch
    doubt they put up 28 , will they score probably as most starters will be sitting after halftime. Cal will be one of worst teams in country this year. 1 win again most likely

homie1975

Best chances for cal to win are v sacto St v Colo v wash and v byu. I say they finish with 2 wins but are much much more competitive in dykes second yr. The qb goff is one to watch

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Best chances for cal to win are v sacto St v Colo v wash and v byu. I say they finish with 2 wins but are much much more competitive in dykes second yr. The qb goff is one to watch
    Agree with Sacramento State and Colorado, but Cal has ZERO chance winning against Washington, who is projected to win at least 8 games, and BYU. The thing to watch for is Colorado's record. They could be 3-1 going into that game. With games at UMass and home against Hawaii, you would think that 2-2 is pretty much a lock. Two wins seem to be about as well as can be expected from Cal. Geoff will do his thing, and Cal will score, but their defense is a typical Dykes defense. Non-existant. Last season they gave up over 40 ppg in 9 of their 12 games. Look for more this season. Also look for some ridiculously high point spreads. Cal covered only once last season and were 4-7 against the total. That may change this season.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Name me 16 starters that TCU return. They return next to no one on offense. This team is simply terrible on offense. If you really think that TCU can win 10 games, I strongly suggest that you do NOT wager on them. Do you really think that TCU can defeat Oklahoma, and win games at Baylor and Texas? I doubt if they get past K. State. Teams that win 4 games in the previous season and lose 8 starters on offense do not win 10 games the next season.
    QB - Trevoyne Boykin
    RB - BJ Catalon
    RB - Aaron Green
    WR - David Porter
    WR - Josh Doctson
    WR - Ty Slanina
    WR - JaJuan Story
    C - Joey Hunt
    OL - Tayo Fabajule
    OL - Avaiante Collins

Yeah they return no one on offense, a measly 8 starters, get the penetrate out with your lack of knowledge

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

[QUOTE=frogsrangers;22300053]QB - Trevoyne Boykin...Wrong. he was NOT the Starting QB. He may have started a game or two due to injuries, but that does NOT make a player a starter. Besides that, he is not going to play QB. He goes back to WR. Wake up people.
    RB - BJ Catalon...Wrong
    RB - Aaron Green...Wrong
    WR - David Porter...Wrong
    WR - Josh Doctson...Wrong
    WR - Ty Slanina...Wrong
    WR - JaJuan Story...Wrong
    C - Joey Hunt...Right
    OL - Tayo Fabajule...Wrong. He played behind Collins.
    OL - Avaiante Collins...Right

You homers will believe anything that someone like Steele tells you. You do no work on your own. Now if you really want me to tear you a new arse, just let me know. You guys do not do 5 minutes worth of research on your own. You just blindly follow someone who you mistakenly think is your leader. That is why people like yourself are so easy to beat.

Here is my early prediction for TCU, game by game. Tell me where you disagree.

SaMford...Win
    Minnesota...Close, but home field may prevail here. Win
    @Smu...Win or fire the HC.
    Oklahoma...Loss
    @Baylor...Loss
    Oklahoma State...Loss, though Okie State is also rebuilding.
    Texas Tech...The determining game in TCU's season. Win
    @ West Viginia...Win, though this is the type of game that TCU can easily lose.
    Kansas State...Loss
    @Kansas...Win
    @Texas...Loss, if Texas has any players left.
    Iowa State...Win

7-5 is the way I see it. It could be worse.

homie1975

I have tcu 8-4. With wins over Samford manny smu oke state tex tech k state kansas and Iowa st. Basically all the home gms then the roadie at smu

homie1975

Toughest gms imo are v ou at Baylor at wva and at Texas

Big dad I'm surprised u have them winning at wva but losing at hm v k state. I have those reversed

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I think that Dana Holgorsen has been a major disappointment. He lost three games in 2011 with the likes of Heisman candidate QB Gino Smith and a huge WR corps. How does he get destroyed by a 5 win Syracuse team? 2012 was just as bad. Again with Smith and company, West Virginia managed to lose 5 games in a row after a 5-0 start that featured patsies like Marshall, James Madison, Maryland and Baylor at home. They upset (was it really that much of an upset) Texas in Austin, and then go straight into the tank, finishing at 7-6 with another rout loss to Syracuse as a 4 point pick. Last year West Virginia wins 4 games, two of which are William and Mary and Georgia State. WVA's offense was hurting, but there was no excuse for his defense. West Virginia has a new D-line, which bids well for TCU's new up-tempo run oriented offense.

Kansas State simply has better athletes than TCU does, IMO. Their returning QB and offense should be enough to offset any advantage TCU may have. Last year TCU came close when they caught K-State looking forward to Oklahoma. That is not the case this season.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

is kansas state hosting national runner-up auburn any good? oklahoma scheduled that game with tennessee many years ago when tenn was good. you know how scheduling works, right?
    I do indeed, and I missed that game...oops. The point remains, in general their OOC schedules aren't shit compared to other conferences and they hide behind the fact that they all play each other once with no conference championship game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Homie, a couple of things. First, no one will be at the Cal-Oregon game beccause the freeway is so screwed up there that it will take hours for people to get there. That is no joke. Why do you think that the 49ers have Sunday Night Games, but no Thursday Night or Mionday Night games being televised at home?

As far as K-State hosting Auburn is concerned, that is all fine except for two minor problems. First, they have to win the game, and right now, they are an 11 point dog (at last check) to do so. That may be a good wager because it is a Thursday Night game. Next, after they win that game, they have to win the Big 12 Championship and that is NOT going to happen. As far as OU is concerned, excuses do not count. Tennessee has not won an SEC title this century, and has not won an SEC East title since 2007, and then they won a tie-breaker. They still lost two conference games and their opener at Cal. OU knew exactly who they were scheduling. A name, but not much of a team.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I think that Dana Holgorsen has been a major disappointment. He lost three games in 2011 with the likes of Heisman candidate QB Gino Smith and a huge WR corps. How does he get destroyed by a 5 win Syracuse team? 2012 was just as bad. Again with Smith and company, West Virginia managed to lose 5 games in a row after a 5-0 start that featured patsies like Marshall, James Madison, Maryland and Baylor at home. They upset (was it really that much of an upset) Texas in Austin, and then go straight into the tank, finishing at 7-6 with another rout loss to Syracuse as a 4 point pick. Last year West Virginia wins 4 games, two of which are William and Mary and Georgia State. WVA's offense was hurting, but there was no excuse for his defense. West Virginia has a new D-line, which bids well for TCU's new up-tempo run oriented offense.

Kansas State simply has better athletes than TCU does, IMO. Their returning QB and offense should be enough to offset any advantage TCU may have. Last year TCU came close when they caught K-State looking forward to Oklahoma. That is not the case this season.
    I'll look past the Syracuse jabs but Dana is overrated. He has nothing but his gimmick offense that may put up points but it doesn't win games. When you have a D that has the athletes to contend and can run the right scheme a la Syracuse it will make his life miserable. The Big 12 defenses are soft so he can put up numbers at times but doesn't mean shit when you lose. They will be lucky to win 4 this year.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I do indeed, and I missed that game...oops. The point remains, in general their OOC schedules aren't shit compared to other conferences and they hide behind the fact that they all play each other once with no conference championship game.
    can u name a 10 team conf that has a conf title gm? Can u name a 10 team major conf that has had a conf title gm since they began in major confs about 20 yrs ago?

And as far as weak ooo schedules, the sec has taken that title for over a decade now. They are finally starting to play people

Cuse0323

UCLA and USC = the two best teams on paper in the Pac 12
    I shoulda just moved on after this gem.

WVU

KSU

Unreal...I guess I'll wait for the season to begin, tough arguing with stupid.

Cuse0323

can u name a 10 team conf that has a conf title gm? Can u name a 10 team major conf that has had a conf title gm since they began in major confs about 20 yrs ago?

And as far as weak ooo schedules, the sec has taken that title for over a decade now. They are finally starting to play people
    My point being, they are hiding behind all that shit like the conference being so strong when it frankly isn't to hopefully get a team in the final four. They know they have a collectively weak OOC schedule and if it comes down to it, they may be the odd man out.

homie1975

Cuse I've been following cfb closely for over 30 yrs believe me ucla and usc will be probably the two best teams in the pac. Stanford lost a boatload on o and their whole lb corp. Oregon lost 8 key guys on d 6 of whom were starters

homie1975

I shoulda just moved on after this gem.

WVU

KSU

Unreal...I guess I'll wait for the season to begin, tough arguing with stupid.
    Yes I expect Ksu and wva to both go bowling this yr. I said it

Cuse0323

That's your opinion, entitled to have it. Don't give me the 30 years shit...everyone loves to say that shit when it literally means nothing. I've been betting on it since I was 4, doesn't mean I know a damn thing.

Cuse0323

Yes I expect Ksu and wva to both go bowling this yr. I said it
    Could be, even so two six win teams that sneak into bowls doesn't really validate your argument.

Vegas39

Cuse I've been following cfb closely for over 30 yrs believe me ucla and usc will be probably the two best teams in the pac. Stanford lost a boatload on o and their whole lb corp. Oregon lost 8 key guys on d 6 of whom were starters
    still clueless if been following for 30 years you'd think you'd realize after all this time what a dumbass you are

USC best in Pac 12

Big 12 better than Pac 12

Vegas39

Could be, even so two six win teams that sneak into bowls doesn't really validate your argument.
    last year Pac 12 had 6 in final top 25 probably same this year

Big 12 be luck if 3 make it at years end

Cuse0323

Yep, feel like I wasted time trying to argue for something so obvious.

Vegas39

Yep, feel like I wasted time trying to argue for something so obvious.
    Way Texas dumping people they may have trouble fielding a team

Cuse0323

Way Texas dumping people they may have trouble fielding a team

Far from taking a step forward on the field.

Night-Tripper
    Fade Me!
    Night-Tripper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3326

Dont forget about that mediocre, +14 underdog Tech team that ran #16 ASU out of the fukking stadium.

homie1975

still clueless if been following for 30 years you'd think you'd realize after all this time what a dumbass you are

USC best in Pac 12

Big 12 better than Pac 12
    again for the second time in this thread i am saying the pac was better than big 12 last yr it was not even close. This yr like every year is a new year and i believe the big 12 will rise up and the pac 12 will drop. I have these 2 confs dead even in rating going into the season

on paper right now imo ucla best in pac 12 with usc second and a close 3rd oregon and close 4th stanford

homie1975

If some of u dont realize that this year and every year is a new season and teams are structured and play differently, youre gona get the holy hell kicked out of u at the betting window yet again

Cuse0323

I thought for sure that everything was the same year after year...shit. Thanks for the heads up.

Vegas39

I thought for sure that everything was the same year after year...shit. Thanks for the heads up.
    its his 30 years of experience

reminds me of a certain Islanders fan

Cuse0323

its his 30 years of experience

reminds me of a certain Islanders fan

rock1010
    wtf
    rock1010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Couldn't disagree more, the Pac12 is far superior.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

If some of u dont realize that this year and every year is a new season and teams are structured and play differently, youre gona get the holy hell kicked out of u at the betting window yet again
    Homie, you really have to give this up. Predicting that West Virginia will be a bowl team is about as far out as it gets. Just who are they going to defeat? Certainly not Alabama. Probably not Maryland in Maryland. So this team will manage to scratch out one non-con win at home against Townson. Now are you going to tell us that they can defeat the likes of Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU, and Kansas State at home, and Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and Texas on the road? That adds up to 9 losses to me. They are NOT going to upset 3 teams this season. That is really a pathetic prognostication. Please do not talk about the betting window to any of us until you have posted your picks on a weekly basis. Start a thread or a spreadsheet and post your plays.

As far as K-State is concerned, that is a no brainer. You may as well predict that USC will be in a bowl game. As far as the Pac 12 is concerned, you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Do you really think that USC and Stanford are better than Oregon, or are you just saying that becaause you KNOW that Oregon (along with UCLA) can beat the crap out of ANY Big 12 team. Stop making a fool of yourself in here.

homie1975

Ive got wva 6-6 and bowl eligible. Yes that is optimistic as they could easily finish 4-8 but i believe in trickett

i mentioned k state in the same sentence because a poster either vegas or cuse posted the laughing emoticon and said k state. I think theyll make a bowl too and if youve seen their qb u know this is not a gimme

First 12345 Last