DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    Some of the healthiest, holiest people that ever lived "denied" their sexuality. But that's not even the right terminology. They rightly directed their energies.

You couldn't be more wrong about your analysis in this regard.
    That's cool, which ones?

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Have some compassion for the guy. Jesus would have. His life has been very tough.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    its funny when clowns say sam isnt a good player when he was co-sec defensive player of the year and nearly every one of them were drafted in top 33.

the reason he was drafted in the 7th round was due to prejudice not because he couldnt play.

what dungy said is reprehensible since many said the same thing about blacks back in the day.
    this statement is wrong on many levels....

Dungy said nothing reprehensible

you mean people said things like black quarterbacks aren't very good?

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    I hope that old fart gets fired..
    Not surprised you made this statement. Prolly still sore

I/O

You would think after losing a son the way he did.. He would be more humble.....

WTF does that have to do with having an opinion on something.

He didn't shoot Kennedy. Or do something really bad and make fun of midgets.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    I see alot of comparisons to the holy roller Teblow, dog killer Vick, along others that are irrelevant in this case. Yes those guys caused distractions thanks to our brain dead media always trying to drum up a story.

However in this case it's really unparalleled for the most part. I think it's possible what Tony is implying and getting overlooked is the uber macho landscape of an Nfl lockeroom. Guys in that environment can probably overlook alot of things if you can ball. However I'm willing to bet the overall prejudice and slurs that go on towards homosexuals in that atmosphere is probably a bit overwhelming to say the least. Who would know more than Dungy and others who have been in it. Not saying I agree with Tony here but as I stated yesterday in my thread the man has the RIGHT to state his opinion no matter what the reason is.
    Stop making sense. Most of these guys are climbing on top of one another to be highest on the soapbox.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
    this is total nonsense, and this is how a projected third round player goes from that to the 7th round and almost not drafted. Tired of people talking about his slow 40 times, the only people that care about times that much are the media and nfl fans. Teams basically have their big board set way before the combine events.
    But the thing the pisses me off is, dungy said when vick got out of prison, he deserves a chance to play, and he would put him on his team. So he would put a player on his team, who is a convicted felon, and hasn't played the game in two years.
    this is the first time a sec defensive player of the year, has not got drafted in the first two rounds of the draft, to go from that to 7th round pick you would have to be naive to think him coming out didn't effect his draft stock. Pretty sad message coming out of dungy, and the gm's in this league. If you are gay, you can either be open and live your life. Or hide who you are and play football which you worked for your entire life. You can't have both, if you do, you could find yourself out of the nfl.
    cuz he's not that good at football!!

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Pujols View Post
    Have some compassion for the guy. Jesus would have. His life has been very tough.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Wow. Isn't everyone tired of walking on pins and needles in all of pro sports? GTFO.

Watching what you have to say to protect your job on any network that employs you?

Sh#$ is tiresome.

That's great... journalists have to lie to you or say the complete opposite of what their thinking... just to keep a job or make an article sing to the public's ears. It's a shame.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Jesus was gay. He never married and was always followed around by 13 men.

OptimistPrime
    OptimistPrime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    cuz he's not that good at football!!
    he was projected to be drafted in the third round in-till after he announced he was gay. he goes from that to almost be un-drafted. you can't be that naive to think that him announcing that he was gay didn't have a huge effect on his draft stock.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by OptimistPrime View Post
    he was projected to be drafted in the third round in-till after he announced he was gay. he goes from that to almost be un-drafted. you can't be that naive to think that him announcing that he was gay didn't have a huge effect on his draft stock.
    no

HE SUCKS AT FOOTBALL

I/O

and fwiw....

Pole Smoker would have been better off if NOT DRAFTED AT ALL. He could have taken his talents and his boyfriend to the highest bidder, most favorable city (LA, and gotten blown by our forum midget), or weather. Being drafted locked him in money wise. He's prolly out a good chunk of money cuz of the pity pick.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

so the guy is honest speaks the truth and he gets crucified. typical...

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

another note, michael sam's not even gonna play this year. he sucks.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    and fwiw....

Pole Smoker would have been better off if NOT DRAFTED AT ALL. He could have taken his talents and his boyfriend to the highest bidder, most favorable city (LA, and gotten blown by our forum midget), or weather. Being drafted locked him in money wise. He's prolly out a good chunk of money cuz of the pity pick.
    IO, do you want me pound your face or your ass???? Whatever you want old fart..

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    so the guy is honest speaks the truth and he gets crucified. typical...
    Liberal jew prikks in the media only like other liberal jew prikks.

A good, Christian family man like Tony Dungy is everything they hate.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

You forgot that he's black. Jews hate black people. See HOLLYWOOD.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Dungy simply said what most nfl front office people and coaches think, but in 2014 u cant say that shit. No one should say anything negative about this subject or youll get popped

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I do not care if this guy nails other players in the locker room to me it's all about who covers the Spread I can care less if people murder each other steal from each other etc.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i dont see nothing wrong with his comments.

anyway saloon this.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

DrStale,

You can't think of any? Study much history or know much outside the US? C'mon maan.

---

Like I said before, to me, Dungy is a shit analyst. I get nothing from him, and he couldn't pick a game ATS if his life depended on it, which is really all that matters regarding understanding the NFL. What's worse is that usually coaches are decent at this kind of thing and it's the players who suck for reasons I've stated in other threads.

That said, Dungy is right, and it exposes the general media sensational agenda about a sector of the population that couldn't mean less when considering public policy.

Opie, I don't think anyone hates (yes, a few number do but they are small), they just are delusional and secular humanism is their religion, as is politics. Enough said.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

DrStale,

You can't think of any? Study much history or know much outside the US? C'mon maan.

---

Like I said before, to me, Dungy is a shit analyst. I get nothing from him, and he couldn't pick a game ATS if his life depended on it, which is really all that matters regarding understanding the NFL. What's worse is that usually coaches are decent at this kind of thing and it's the players who suck for reasons I've stated in other threads.

That said, Dungy is right, and it exposes the general media sensational agenda about a sector of the population that couldn't mean less when considering public policy.

Opie, I don't think anyone hates (yes, a few number do but they are small), they just are delusional and secular humanism is their religion, as is politics. Enough said.
    StackinGreen owning everyone in this thread

Mayan coming off very bad here. Guy sounds like a disenchanted soldier in the gay mafia

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

anyone that feels uncomfortable around gays has massive insecurity issues and should just jump off a bridge and end it

It means your weak and cannot handle life

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Dungy said "things will happen" in the original quote and I think it's clear that he is concerned about the locker room. But this morning on the Dan Patrick show he said "things" meant the distractions such as the Oprah Winfrey show etc.

I don't believe that's what he meant when he said "things"

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Just a cover up to get locker room acceptance. Once kids graduate they'll get a divorce and he'll be dating someone named Barry or Greg
    That's quite the long term plan.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Now the media wants David Tyree. Unreal!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ng-david-tyree

DrStale

DrStale,

---

And yet that's twice now that you've failed to back up your claim. It's easy to throw something out there, and I'm not even saying you are wrong necessarily, but if you don't back it up then it's meaningless.

I work in the mental health field. I have personally seen many sexual identification issues that have caused people to deal with isolation and depression. I have seen these people become happier and healthier when they acknowledged who they were. Granted many still faced some struggles due to how those around them reacted, but all improved when they accepted themselves.

Also, if secular humanism is delusional I would love to know what religion is.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    You forgot that he's black. Jews hate black people. See HOLLYWOOD.
    WTF are you talking about

I/O

IO, do you want me pound your face or your ass???? Whatever you want old fart..
    At your height Mayan, you're perfect for what I would like, just standing. And I'd be the pitcher.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Now the media wants David Tyree. Unreal!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ng-david-tyree

Can't just hire who you want anymore, has to be approved by the media and this fckin' HRC bullshit.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Pat Bowlen step down

aizheimer disease

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post

Can't just hire who you want anymore, has to be approved by the media and this fckin' HRC bullshit.
    I don't care what a person's beliefs are if it doesn't affect their ability to do their job. In this case I don't know exactly what Tyree's job will entail but unless he's making decisions that are specifically discriminating against gays (i.e. "let's get rid of this guy because he's gay") then it shouldn't matter.

First 1234 Last