BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Your NBA laugher of the week. Klay Thompson wants a MAX extension

Jesus Christ.
    I have posted my disputes on Thompson in the past, but this is just plain ridiculous.
    18-3-2.
    That's his numbers from last year. That's 3 rebounds per game, and 2 assists per game

Does anyone have any idea how fukkin hard it is to be 6 foot fukkin 7, playing 35+ minutes a game, and have numbers like that? It's pretty much impossible.
    You can walk into 5 rebounds a game at his size, but he never steps inside a 3 point line on offense.
    He is worthless on defense.
    I read how he is "a projected above average defender". Projected? He's never showed a hint of being a good defender.
    Has anyone ever watched this guy play defense? He fits perfectly on the Warriors in this spot, because they don't focus on defense.
    His fg %'s are modest- 44% from the floor and 40% from 3, but other than having a nice jumper this guy is 100% WORTHLESS.
    He is on a run-n-gun team to where Curry demands double and triple teams and gets him easy looks as well.
    HE CANNOT create his own shot and has weak handles for a guard.
    I would estimate his point totals would go down to about 15 ppg on 80-90% of other NBA teams.

This Gordan Heyward contract has some of these mediocre players out of their minds now.
    If Klay fukkin Thompson gets a max contract, I may quit watching the NBA. I already watch it at a bare minimum compared to back in the day when I was a die hard B-ball fanatic.
    I am flabbergasted this kid gets so much hype.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

and let's reiterate that Gordan Hayward blows.

the cap is really fcking with players. lots of in-fighting for a bigger piece of the pie.

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post

the cap is really fcking with players. lots of in-fighting for a bigger piece of the pie.
    I'm not sure if Heyward blows, but you can quote me taking him over Thompson. Neither of them are MAX contract guys though.
    Thompson offers nothing to a team other than a jumper. At least Heyward excluding his white-factor making him less athletic, plays hard.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

not going to lie thompson is definitely better then hayward, if thompson was on the jazz he would be averaging 20/5/5 in my opinion, hes a pretty solid defender on the top guards in the west, can knock down 3s and is improving his shot creating. But in turn hes definitely not a max contract player, id say hes worth around 12mil a year, but hes still young definitely has a lot of time to improve his game. He should stay in golden state either way him and curry in the future are going to be a problem

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    not going to lie thompson is definitely better then hayward, if thompson was on the jazz he would be averaging 20/5/5 in my opinion, hes a pretty solid defender on the top guards in the west, can knock down 3s and is improving his shot creating. But in turn hes definitely not a max contract player, id say hes worth around 12mil a year, but hes still young definitely has a lot of time to improve his game. He should stay in golden state either way him and curry in the future are going to be a problem
    You couldn't be more off. He cannot create AT ALL. He takes half of the plays off on defense.
    Does anyone actually observe the game of basketball being played while watching a game of basketball? It's 2 different things.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

How is he worthless on defense? He often guards opposing team pg's instead of curry and has been fairly good at it

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Warriors were not a bad defensive team though? What was holding them back from being better was actually their offense if you look at the #s... Mainly the fact that they had no offense coming off the bench and no scoring in the paint. I know guys like Curry and David Lee don't exactly scream defense but they did well enough on that end.

Agree contracts have been ridiculous this summer. The funniest thing was Rubio wanting a max contract. He isn't even a starter on many teams...

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    How is he worthless on defense? He often guards opposing team pg's instead of curry and has been fairly good at it
    He did a good job on Parker in game 1 in 2013. Game started getting out of hand for GS when Klay fouled out.

He's a good player, but not a max player in my eyes. At this stage I'd say he's worth like 9-11 mill a year. In the current "inflated" market maybe 12-13. But not more... At least not to me.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    You couldn't be more off. He cannot create AT ALL. He takes half of the plays off on defense.
    Does anyone actually observe the game of basketball being played while watching a game of basketball? It's 2 different things.
    he is definitely a good defender i just know that 100%, hes always guarding the opposing teams top guard
    i basically watched every golden state game last year because theyre late at night, hes above average defender and one of the premier guard defenders in the west no doubt....

And i said his shot creating is improving, never said its amazing yet, he just started to improve in other areas other then knocking down open 3s and jumpers, hes dribbling past defenders and getting into shooting areas that he can knock down jumpers over defenders either way

firekillex

and golden state last year had some great defenders..
    Iggy,thompson and bogut are all good defenders, the only thing that brought them down was curry and lee
    and they have a fast tempo style so the opposing team is more likely to score 100+ points a game

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Obviously he's not a max player, I think everyone agrees on that. But the market is inflated and the salary cap is going to keep rising

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Yeah pretty crazy but how bout Rubio as well?Another "just good" not elite player wanting max. Wtf is up with this shit?!? The gm's need to get a grip they keep overpaying average guys and setting the bar too high. I keep waiting for the day these clowns price themselves out of business but the contracts just keep growing at insane rates.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave R.P. McMurphy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Klay has gotten better on defense, he actually tries to guard and defend. His rookie year he looked lost on both ends of the floor, he's gotten quite better on both ends.

firekillex

thats what im saying, thompson and hayward are actually good young players but theyre not max contract players, everybody is going crazy this free agency because some people signed big contracts ( lebron, carmleo, hayward ect) but think about the best players on some teams taking in barely any money ( dirk, dwade ) it makes me sick ot think that somebody like rubio can say he wants to make double almost triple what dirk is making

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

All Thompson can do the shoot off the dribble and create his own shot

I don't like him as a standstill jump shooter

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

cant blame them dude for wanting for it, there are many bad/overpaid contracts every year. Its not his fault if he gets one

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    All Thompson can do the shoot off the dribble and create his own shot

I don't like him as a standstill jump shooter
    lol.

I take it you'd rather use Andrew Bogut to take the spot-up threes?

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Klay Thompson is a glorified Kyle Korver

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post

went to HS with him, good dude, super good at video games. played MLG during the lockout. so crazy to see him getting that much $, during his rookie year his dad lived with him all the time, even on the road lol. fun police

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Why go to school when you have the nba

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Obviously he's not a max player, I think everyone agrees on that. But the market is inflated and the salary cap is going to keep rising
    Exactly. Klay isn't close to a max player, but neither is Gordon Hayward. But if Hayward is a max player, then shouldn't Klay be too? I don't blame the players, I blame the stupid GM's.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

hes one of the top players at his position. Him and beal will be the best 2 guard in the next 5 years. So if you are paying by position he should be one of the top paid 2 guards but i dont know if he is a max player in general

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    hes one of the top players at his position. Him and beal will be the best 2 guard in the next 5 years. So if you are paying by position he should be one of the top paid 2 guards but i dont know if he is a max player in general
    My thoughts are that he is way too much of a 'head player'. To me this means that he is either in the game or not in the game, he is either on fire or cold as shit. He could be an above average defender with his physical talents but, right now, there is not way.

To to say that he will be one of the top two shooting guards in the league is insane. To say he has the talent to possibly get there.....well I think that is still too ambitious, but I cannot argue what I do not know. Beal projects as a much better talent IMO.

For or the most part here, I agree with Benny. I do not believe he will get max dollars from GS, but he may get it (in the form of an offer sheet) from a team with less talent. GS would be better off letting him walk in my opinion if that happens.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Don't forget Clay Thompson plays with a very good team with curry on it which makes him better

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Don't forget Clay Thompson plays with a very good team with curry on it which makes him better
    word is Curry wants a trade to the Hornets.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Quote Originally Posted by Ratpack View Post
    Bradley beal sucks...He's a worthless 40 % chucker...

Best 2 guards....Unreal how shit nba is right now...
    Stop watching this BS so we don't have to hear about these contracts.

TwoWays

Golden state is underpaying one of their players…it is steph curry though.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5937

I agree with JJ.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

As a Warrior fan who lives near Sacramento, it's sad that I don't even know how good Klay Thompson is because of the blackout of their games due to the STUPID Queens. I was rooting so hard that they would move

CMNoney
    CMNoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6389

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Worthless chucker? He shot 40% from 3 last season and he's 21 years old.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Getting paid for being a 40% 3 point shooter basically.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Guy can play but GS needs players that can play D if they want to see the finals

TwoWays

in nba it is about perception. if other nba like your game you are set for life.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

So overrated.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

Cant let you talk about my boy Beal like that. Dont forget he's still a baby and plays beyond his years, mature game, can score in different ways, mid range game solid, can get to his spots in the halfcourt, Reggie Miller like at getting open. He's undersized at the position but will still be very solid for years to come. Other GM's when they draft undersized 2's like a Gary Harris, they will be be gauging their game by how they stack up to what Beal does.
    Last edited by jtoler; 07-20-14 at 03:46 PM.

123 Last