Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Out of that list and looking at prices I'd go with Colts, Eagles, & Giants. A mature Luck, a more experienced Chip Kelly offense, the Giants are due to run hot and make a Super Bowl again.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Niners and Eagles are nice. I see that as a real possibility for this years NFC Championship.

Bengals? Call me when Dalton wins a playoff game. Chiefs would beat the Bengals 4 times out of 5 in a playoff atmosphere and should make your top 3 if you're looking for an AFC sleeper.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chiefs won't sniff 9 wins this year

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

The Eagles were actually bad last year it's just Chip ran up the score against bad defenses like the Raiders and Bears just like he did in college.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by ChiLLx View Post
    The Eagles were actually bad last year it's just Chip ran up the score against bad defenses like the Raiders and Bears just like he did in college.
    10-6 and playoffs for a rookie NFL coach is bad?

ChiLLx

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Yeah then got totally dominated by a dome team on their home field. Looked like a bunch of amateurs.

STAX

clueless

importmoon
    happiness is a warm gun
    importmoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4806

ChiLLx

clueless
    You must not have watched the game. Saints had 200 more yards and dominated time of possession. Totally kicked around Chip.

STAX

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

If I had to marrow my 12 picks down to 3 I'd take...

49ers
    Eagles
    Bengals

Absolutely love all three...
    actually think this is a better idea,maybe go chargers houston as long shots

STAX

My long shot will be Cleveland for sure... if there is one guy who could take a shitty team to the Super Bowl as a rookie QB its Johnny Football. Im not sold on him by any means, but if something is ever gonna happen like that, this is the year. Cleveland's defense is very very good... and the AFC, outside of Denver, is completly up in the air. I think the only team in the AFC you can pencil in the playoffs is Denver and maybe New England. Other than that its a crapshoot.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Would bet my left nut that the Eagles don't win.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

here is ur Super Bowl 2014 - NFC - Seattle only and NFC - INDY , BALTIMORE , CINCI !!

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

and SEATTLE will win again !!

lou9093
    lou9093's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyone sleeping on New Orleans .. They have a very good shot at homefield throughout the playoffs. We all know how they play in the dome.. WHO DAT !

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Packers are a lot like the Cowboys. Great QB and a few other stars, but that's about it. Packers' D stinks.
    Most ignorant post ive read. They picked up Peppers to play OLB in the offseason and if Mathew stays healthy they will be top 7 defense in the league, EASY.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Look at the schedule now. They are going to get wrecked barring a miracle.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Cleveland no pray.
    0% chance.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i am considering Packers too.

Peppers is a great pass rusher when he wants to be.

anybody seen a list
    of "to make the playoffs" future bets?

ChiLLx

An old Julius peppers is the Packers savior? He was a ghost last season.

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

my god this forum is so stupid when it comes to football. AFC is not wide open Denver and NE were clearly the best 2 teams in that conference last year and o yea they both improved . Philly has no shot that d has no shot. GB's d is horrendous as well, Peppers is not that good like you guys want to believe and their secondary is still weak. Seattle and San Fran are the class of the NFC this year and will still be, but i do think NO could come in and steal it.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Quote Originally Posted by bob6199 View Post
    my god this forum is so stupid when it comes to football. AFC is not wide open Denver and NE were clearly the best 2 teams in that conference last year and o yea they both improved . Philly has no shot that d has no shot. GB's d is horrendous as well, Peppers is not that good like you guys want to believe and their secondary is still weak. Seattle and San Fran are the class of the NFC this year and will still be, but i do think NO could come in and steal it.
    Exactly what I was thinking as well.
    Broncos and Patriots on the AFC.
    Seahawks, 49ers and Saints on the NFC.

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by flaflaflooey View Post
    take the vikings
    IF Teddy plays like how he did at Louisville with their coaching staff they could steal a playoff spot. Team is young tho, pick them in 2 years.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Most ignorant post ive read. They picked up Peppers to play OLB in the offseason and if Mathew stays healthy they will be top 7 defense in the league, EASY.
    Peppers is done, he isn't a good fit and he's old. Matthews can't do everything, he can barely stay healthy.

STAX

I don't think Denver is making the Super Bowl, and outside of Oakland, I would not be totally surprised to see any of the other AFC teams in the playoffs (including Jacksonville). So yeah, I feel the AFC is wide open. It is Denver's to lose, but the rest of the conference is up for grabs. I'd rate Denver as a pretty clear #1 team in the AFC, but after that you have Colts, Chargers, Pats, Bengals, Steelers, Ravens, Chiefs, and Texans all ranked very close to each other. That's 8 teams right there. And I think Browns, Bills, and Jets are all much improved. Only teams I don't like are Raiders, Jags, and Dolphins. I think 11 teams are fighting for 5 spots, and once you make the playoffs, anything can happen. We've seen 5 and 6 seeds win it all, we see teams that finish last one year, finish first in the division the next. It happens every year. And with a one game playoff format, the best team doesn't always win.

People don't realize how much variance is a factor in the NFL regular season. Its a 16 game season, that's all. 25 out of the 32 NFL teams are a bad call, a bad bounce, and a bad game away from being 6-10 or 10-6. Injuries play such a large factor when it comes to a team's success or failure. 16 games is nothing...
    Points Awarded:

slacker00 gave STAX 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: slacker00, and GunShard

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Niners and Eagles are nice. I see that as a real possibility for this years NFC Championship.

Bengals? Call me when Dalton wins a playoff game. Chiefs would beat the Bengals 4 times out of 5 in a playoff atmosphere and should make your top 3 if you're looking for an AFC sleeper.
    why does everyone think the 49ers have a chance?

i could honestly see them missing the playoffs this year with how improved the Arizona Cardinals are... hell even st louis rams should be better. Who knows if they will have a home field advantage in that new stadium either..??

Kaepernick is a fraud and the 49ers pass defense can be beat.

i like the Packers, Seahawks, Saints, and Falcons chances to win the NFC over the 49ers..

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    why does everyone think the 49ers have a chance?

i could honestly see them missing the playoffs this year with how improved the Arizona Cardinals are... hell even st louis rams should be better. Who knows if they will have a home field advantage in that new stadium either..??

Kaepernick is a fraud and the 49ers pass defense can be beat.

i like the Packers, Seahawks, Saints, and Falcons chances to win the NFC over the 49ers..
    I could see the 49ers missing the playoffs, but only because that division is so stacked. Put the 49ers in the NFC North and they clinch the division before thanksgiving. But in the NFC West, I can see them finishing last at 9-7 if the division games bounce bad. Otherwise, I'm not buying the "Kaep is a fraud" noise, the kid is electric when he's on and he's got a lot of playoff wins under his belt. I do wonder how the 49ers will handle depth issues with the Aldon problems and Bowman likely missing most of the season, but if there's one team in the NFL that can handle playing without such stellar talent on the field, it's the 49ers. Unfortunately, in that division, there is no room for error now.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The fact is this. Green Bay, San Francisco, and Seattle are better than any AFC team at this point in the year. The best fade on the board is Denver. Manning is headed downhill in a hurry, as proven in last years Superbowl. He will NOT repeat last year's performance, and without that, Denver is finished. New England will NOT win another Superbowl, but may get there. Indy is the best bet to win the AFC and get to the Super Bowl because they have the most reasonable odds.

STAX

49ers we re best team in the NFL last year, Seattle was a close second... Denver a distant 3rd. Best team doesn't always win. But with how the NFL is, I wouldn't be totally shocked if San Fran missed the playoffs. Everyone's Super Bowl last year in the preseason was the Texans and the Falcons. Not sure if they won 6 games combined. It would be more shocking to see San Fran have a year like that this year, but it isn't out the realm of possibility. With that said I think Arizona and St. Louis are both overrated... I don't think either has over 8 wins.

bob6199

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The fact is this. Green Bay, San Francisco, and Seattle are better than any AFC team at this point in the year. The best fade on the board is Denver. Manning is headed downhill in a hurry, as proven in last years Superbowl. He will NOT repeat last year's performance, and without that, Denver is finished. New England will NOT win another Superbowl, but may get there. Indy is the best bet to win the AFC and get to the Super Bowl because they have the most reasonable odds.
    hahahahahahaha. your right 1 game and ur going down hill. well shit i guess everyone is going downhill.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    SF & SEA are the gold standard. After that is the Saints. GB is down the list behind DEN and NE.

I don't see a sharp decline from DEN, they were never that good. I see another 10+ wins and quick playoff exit.

STAX

my odds/current odds

San Fransisco +750/(+600)
    Patriots +900/(+800)
    Packers +1300/(+1200)
    Colts +2500/(+1950)
    Eagles +2700/(+2700)
    Bengals +3300/(+3100)
    Steelers +4000/(+3500)
    Chargers +5000/(+4500)
    Texans +6000/(+5500)
    Giants +6000/(+3000)
    Browns +9000/(+9000)
    Bills +12500/(+12500)

Killing it
    Last edited by STAX; 08-04-14 at 11:56 PM.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Not really, its basically a fade of Seattle, Denver, and New Orleans... AFC is gonna be WIDE OPEN this year. We've seen 20-1 thru 50-1 shots make the Super Bowl almost routinely the past decade. When the season is only 16 games, and with a one game, winner take all format in the playoffs, a lot can happen. It doesnt take much for a team's entire season to go south. Seattle plays in the best division in the NFL, it wouldn't be a total surprise to see them go 10-6 and not even make the playoffs, on the flip-side the same can be said for San Fran. But San Fran was better than Seattle last year and gave away the NFC title game. I love San Fran, they are my favorite to win it this year, but with parity in the league, I know just about any team from the AFC could have a dream year. You see worst to firsts and firsts to worst yearly in the NFL. Half of ESPN had Atlanta and Houston in the SB last year...
    Totally, stupid bet! You are betting 1k on 12 teams who most don't have a chance at winning the Super Bowl , not about the playoffs. Only a handful have a chance and your ROI isn't worth it. Plus you tie up your money. Better off picking 2 or 3 teams if you want to bet for shits and giggles. If SF,Ne or Denver win you lose money. NE and Denver most likely will be there at the end.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    Totally, stupid bet! You are betting 1k on 12 teams who most don't have a chance at winning the Super Bowl , not about the playoffs. Only a handful have a chance and your ROI isn't worth it. Plus you tie up your money. Better off picking 2 or 3 teams if you want to bet for shits and giggles. If SF,Ne or Denver win you lose money. NE and Denver most likely will be there at the end.
    [ ] gets it

First 12