themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

So glad it is over

Listen I love this country. But does this mean now I can finally go to a bar and not have to watch any more god dam soccer. Went out today and it was sickening to see all these soccer fans. Where were all these people before the world cup. Could not even watch the baseball game because now all of a sudden were soccer freaks in this country? Give me a break. I am not knocking the sport, it is very popular in europe and central and south america but cmon, all these phonies going out like there big soccer fans give me a break. Where were they before the world cup? I hope costa rica wins. Those are true soccer fans not like these phonies here.

Eejit
    Eejit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5943

themike78

Probably a little mad because I jumped on the fkn bandwagon thinking u.s.a would win and bet on them. All these idiots had me thinking they would win. Ha ha dumbass me

themike78

Anyways just glad it is over for U.S here. I am sick of hearing about soccer.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

So you made an entire thread to voice your displeasure? Well when your sport season starts let me know what your team is and we'll swing by and start a thread and drop a Hate statement just to stir the pot for you

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Me too soccer.. Ugh

themike78

good deal sounds fair. All I am saying is the U.S is not soccer nation never has been never will be. Every 4 years when this dam world cup happens me and many other people have to put up with soccer coverage. How come we are not soccer crazy after world cup or leading up to it? I do not understand.

Carseller4
    Carseller4's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4949

So many people mistaking patriotism for interest in soccer.

Chanting USA is awesome, soccer is not.

I'm glad it's over also.
    Last edited by Carseller4; 07-01-14 at 07:33 PM.

themike78

Sorry not bashing your sport just having a bad day and am confused why everyone is all of a sudden a huge soccer fan here now and not 5 months ago

themike78

agree 1000%. I guess thats why I am upset people here are using soccer as an excuse to be patriotic.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm still going to watch the remaining games I've watched it from the start and will finish watching it

Didn't Bet a lot other than some live bets

themike78

me too. I won't lie gives me something to bet on during the day when there is no day baseball.

themike78

Still don't even understand the sport seems like the field should be smaller or something.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Sorry not bashing your sport just having a bad day and am confused why everyone is all of a sudden a huge soccer fan here now and not 5 months ago
    Not my sport...but you took the time to make a thread because you're pissed about people being fired up about soccer at the World Cup? Do the Olympics bother you? WNBA? Tennis? NASCAR? etc. and the "god damn bars" I'm sure have goofy ass sports on other than soccer...do you bag on them?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Americans love futbol

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

I was watching this mess(I just don't care for soccer, blow me), at about 15 different companies over the last week, some had screens in the break room or in the lobby/reception..people were pretending to gaf. I told a nice young secretary that it was all hype and she was reluctant to agree but I know she did. One lady told me straight up she was only watching because others were...wtf

jay89
    jay89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 409

I understand where you're coming from, and the people who talk about the sport like they know it all but really watch it every 4 years. kinda sickening.

ParlayininHTown
    Countdown to death: 1 day
    ParlayininHTown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NrmlCurvSurfr View Post
    I was watching this mess(I just don't care for soccer, blow me), at about 15 different companies over the last week, some had screens in the break room or in the lobby/reception..people were pretending to gaf. I told a nice young secretary that it was all hype and she was reluctant to agree but I know she did. One lady told me straight up she was only watching because others were...wtf
    I hope you joined the party.

Don't want you to be a loner/outsider like me. Before you know it, your dignity and confidence will vanish and it'll be 7.5 years since you've been laid.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by ParlayininHTown View Post
    I hope you joined the party.

Don't want you to be a loner/outsider like me. Before you know it, your dignity and confidence will vanish and it'll be 7.5 years since you've been laid.
    I could have nailed at least 3 broads so far opening the convo with the WC....sorry bro, get some confidence and hit something, you only live once.
    Points Awarded:

ParlayininHTown gave NrmlCurvSurfr 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Probably a little mad because I jumped on the fkn bandwagon thinking u.s.a would win and bet on them. All these idiots had me thinking they would win. Ha ha dumbass me
    Square, go penetrate off back to the hole you crawled out of.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Its not over its the Quarter Finals, its just gettin good!

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

it's a few weeks out of 4 years. grow the fck up kid!

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2344

nothing wrong with it

its just like the olympics, every 4 years we become fans at things like gymnastics, swimming, curling, skating, track & field ect

nothing wrong with a little diversity in your sport watching every once in awhile

Libanese
    Libanese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    nothing wrong with it

its just like the olympics, every 4 years we become fans at things like gymnastics, swimming, curling, skating, track & field ect

nothing wrong with a little diversity in your sport watching every once in awhile
    I'm guessing nobody has bought a curling jersey lately.

peacebyinches
    pull the trigger
    peacebyinches's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7802

wait, there was soccer going on?