tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

Today was a good day

Sometimes life takes a spontaneous break and removes us from reality. Today was one of those days. Ice Cube talked about it a few years back when the smog left LA and the dogs stopped barking. Today was one of those days where I realized how amazing it is to be a baseball nut in this decade and live a few blocks from ATT Park.

Put life on hold for a bit and jogged down to the yard after the 7th inning of the game. On the way I saw several people who had left the game and were off to whatever they felt was more important than seeing a potential no hitter in person. At ATT Park they let you watch the game from behind the right field fence for a few innings. I had never bothered to go down there until today.

I made it right as they were kicking people out after the 7th inning to let new fans in for the last few innings. Got lucky with my timing because had I arrived 5 mins earlier I'd have missed the end. So I got a spot right in front about 25 feet from Pence.

The rest was history. It was a moment where a bunch of people going about their lives gathered together in a little hut behind the park and became one. Normally we'd all be avoiding eye contact and speaking to each other in an elevator somewhere. But today we were high fiving, cheering, praying and celebrating together. We'll never talk or see each other again. But today we were family just for a moment.

The last few innings were perfection. Bud Black, a prideful son of a bitch, did everything he could to avoid getting no hit 2 years straight. He walked Lince on purpose. He made an unnecessary pitching change. It was a game within a game that true baseball fans didn't even know was happening.

Then, in a moment of serendipity, the clouds formed above and it started misting right as the 9th inning was starting. As if the heavens created the perfect environment in which to pitch for a kid from Renton, Washington.

Then the last ball hit the ground on the way to Joe Panik, a rookie spending his first week ever in the big leagues, to close it out.

One of the days today. A day where I'm glad I have a life where I could be around to book it to the park to catch some history. A day where I was reminded that I care soooo much more about this sport than I do about picking winners. Shitt, I'd trade every penny I have ever made gambling for another one.

A final prayer for some of the clowns I saw scurrying out of the game early. May there be another life after this and may the Universe awaken their souls to live it.

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  38.4 KB

Points Awarded:

trytrytry gave tatddy 33 Betpoint(s) for this post.

James D gave tatddy 33 Betpoint(s) for this post.

No coincidences gave tatddy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 13 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77, jjgold, easyliving, MoneyLineDawg, Guinser, BennyBigNuts, boeing power, TheAntFather, Dollars2Donuts, wikkidinsane, James D, bobbywaves, and No coincidences

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

Timmay!

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Tats is golden!

Congrats, bud

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Cool story..

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Knew it was about the no hitter so....

Last edited by TheCentaur; 06-26-14 at 09:06 AM.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

What is this a grade 5 journal?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Dayummm Tat!!!!

you live close enough to jog to AT&T park??

what u do for a living? Doctor?

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Sounds pretty embarrassing to run and watch through a fence like a hooligan. Only 16 year olds would do something like that.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Taddy give us a winner man

brainfreeze
    Meaning
    brainfreeze's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Sounds pretty embarrassing to run and watch through a fence like a hooligan. Only 16 year olds would do something like that.
    Yea, only season ticket holders are fans...
    guys outside enjoying life...and you knock it.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

So the real fans who showed up before anyone thought about a nono were kicked out in favor of all the fair weather friends who happened to be close enough to the park to slide in 8 innings late? Stay classy Giants.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Timmy throws a no no the day after the ace Hudson gets shelled and ruins my parlay...

guess thats how baseball goes sometimes...

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Hudson only got hurt in big spots when the rookies playing behind let him down. those guys that the giants brought up are not major league caliber players, that's why their defense stinks now and they have a hard time scoring.

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Sometimes life takes a spontaneous break and removes us from reality. Today was one of those days. Ice Cube talked about it a few years back when the smog left LA and the dogs stopped barking. Today was one of those days where I realized how amazing it is to be a baseball nut in this decade and live a few blocks from ATT Park.

Put life on hold for a bit and jogged down to the yard after the 7th inning of the game. On the way I saw several people who had left the game and were off to whatever they felt was more important than seeing a potential no hitter in person. At ATT Park they let you watch the game from behind the right field fence for a few innings. I had never bothered to go down there until today.

I made it right as they were kicking people out after the 7th inning to let new fans in for the last few innings. Got lucky with my timing because had I arrived 5 mins earlier I'd have missed the end. So I got a spot right in front about 25 feet from Pence.

The rest was history. It was a moment where a bunch of people going about their lives gathered together in a little hut behind the park and became one. Normally we'd all be avoiding eye contact and speaking to each other in an elevator somewhere. But today we were high fiving, cheering, praying and celebrating together. We'll never talk or see each other again. But today we were family just for a moment.

The last few innings were perfection. Bud Black, a prideful son of a bitch, did everything he could to avoid getting no hit 2 years straight. He walked Lince on purpose. He made an unnecessary pitching change. It was a game within a game that true baseball fans didn't even know was happening.

Then, in a moment of serendipity, the clouds formed above and it started misting right as the 9th inning was starting. As if the heavens created the perfect environment in which to pitch for a kid from Renton, Washington.

Then the last ball hit the ground on the way to Joe Panik, a rookie spending his first week ever in the big leagues, to close it out.

One of the days today. A day where I'm glad I have a life where I could be around to book it to the park to catch some history. A day where I was reminded that I care soooo much more about this sport than I do about picking winners. Shitt, I'd trade every penny I have ever made gambling for another one.

A final prayer for some of the clowns I saw scurrying out of the game early. May there be another life after this and may the Universe awaken their souls to live it.

Ice Cube - Today was a good day.
    That song came out over (2) decades ago pal. You math whiizzy ....

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

People can stand down there for free?

I never knew that. Pretty cool.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    So the real fans who showed up before anyone thought about a nono were kicked out in favor of all the fair weather friends who happened to be close enough to the park to slide in 8 innings late? Stay classy Giants.
    Sir you deserve to be congratulated. It is not easy to follow Seaweed into a thread and appear even more clueless than he. Well done.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Fukking sweet that you got to catch it...I love that park, wish I lived there. Who the fukk leaves in the middle of a no-no??

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Yes it was a good day today - up 2 for the day !! Yes

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

That's awesome man, seeing a no hitter live is probably amazing...always liked Timmy as well so glad to see the magic back

Like you, I love to gamble but I am a diehard fan first

I feel bad for the guys that aren't fans of a particular team or teams and never experienced a huge win with their squad....Beats hitting a longshot Parlay and its not even close

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Comical to see one of sbr's more classless and clueless poster calling out a poster
    who shows class and has a clue...

Al Masters
    Al Masters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11516

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Who the fukk leaves in the middle of a no-no??

A guy who bet a ton on the over and has seen enough or a guy having
    a kidney stone attack.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Dayummm Tat!!!!

you live close enough to jog to AT&T park??

what u do for a living? Doctor?
    - LOL no Im retired and gambler - lol - just joking

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMan View Post
    Fukking sweet that you got to catch it...I love that park, wish I lived there. Who the fukk leaves in the middle of a no-no??
    Trust me I had a few Larry David moments. Walked a block with one couple trying to determine their malfunction.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

What is this a grade 5 journal?
    You're the biggest fukkin piece of shit on here.
    All you do is jerk off to attention on here because your life is so fukkin pathetic.
    Why don't you fukkin kill yourself already dikkrag?
    This fkn forum would be 100 times better if the ppl running it would ban you from making threads.
    You are the reason this forum has declined like it has more than any single one poster in it's history.
    It's a fukkin ghost town and you are the biggest blame.
    You're a worthless, air betting bitch.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheJerk View Post
    Ice Cube - Today was a good day.
    That song came out over (2) decades ago pal. You math whiizzy ....
    It's amazing how homos like you can come here and read that whole post by Tat and that's the reply/comment you come up with.
    You're fukkin worthless in life.
    That post is a perfect example.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Notice the karma here.

TheAntFather
    Enlightenment
    TheAntFather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Beautiful, especially you saying that you'd give up every gambling penny you made to be a a part of this again.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I am not quite sure how there were any negative posts in response to this. I am at a loss.

I will say this, I like true insight into people's lives. The good, the bad and the ugly. This happened to be the good, and while I was reading this I was thinking 'damn, I wish that was me, I wish I was there'. I felt the emotion, I felt the feelings and I felt the joy that sports can create.

I don't know know why the rest of you come onto forums like this one, I believe we all have our own motivations and those motivations satisfy some deep down requirement that we are needing in our lives. I enjoy reading about people overcoming large odds (gambling or otherwise), people and their challenges in life and about people's emotion, the funny stories that some of you have I tell, the humour and the banter. Frankly, I wish people on these sites would be less negative......those posts have no merit whatsoever.

Thanks for the story Tatter, one of these days I am going to buy you a few beer so you can tell me more.

D2D
    Points Awarded:

The Kraken gave Dollars2Donuts 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I just broke down and read it, good stuff

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by TheAntFather View Post
    Beautiful, especially you saying that you'd give up every gambling penny you made to be a a part of this again.
    Damn Tat are u really a professional gambler?

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Damn Tat are u really a professional gambler?
    The hell did you get that? Of course not.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

nice read pal

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Sir you deserve to be congratulated. It is not easy to follow Seaweed into a thread and appear even more clueless than he. Well done. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
    What else does this imply? Simply pointing out its unfortunate the system lets dedicated fans be replaced by numb nuts who see a good result coming. Wouldn't it be better and easier on security to make it first come, first served and have a line in case people leave? Why would they want to herd the cheapskates around every few innings?

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    What else does this imply? Simply pointing out its unfortunate the system lets dedicated fans be replaced by numb nuts who see a good result coming. Wouldn't it be better and easier on security to make it first come, first served and have a line in case people leave? Why would they want to herd the cheapskates around every few innings?
    Dedicated fans are welcome to buy tickets to the game and sit there as long as they please. This is a free viewing of the game from outside the stadium. Some people like me, who go to 30-35 games a year and see the team in 3-4 different cities, aren't able to go to all 81 home games. If they didn't move people out there'd be friggen vagabonds and bums camped there all day. This is San Francisco. While an amazing city, it's also laden with dirt, piss, and bums.

It's an added dimension to the stadium, not an expectation. The point is for people passing by to be able to have an experience. Not for people to camp out there for 3 hours. You want a World Series game with people being able to sit there for 6 hrs straight? You clearly have no clue what the landscape is in that part of SF.

The whole "stay classy" thing is just ignorant. Or maybe you're just upset that I was ragging on your screen name during sbr poker a few days ago? Or maybe you're just from LA and find ways to hate SF?

Whatever it is thanks for finding a way to be negative in here. People like me need people like you around this planet. Euphoria does not exist without despair.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I am not quite sure how there were any negative posts in response to this. I am at a loss.

I will say this, I like true insight into people's lives. The good, the bad and the ugly. This happened to be the good, and while I was reading this I was thinking 'damn, I wish that was me, I wish I was there'. I felt the emotion, I felt the feelings and I felt the joy that sports can create.

I don't know know why the rest of you come onto forums like this one, I believe we all have our own motivations and those motivations satisfy some deep down requirement that we are needing in our lives. I enjoy reading about people overcoming large odds (gambling or otherwise), people and their challenges in life and about people's emotion, the funny stories that some of you have I tell, the humour and the banter. Frankly, I wish people on these sites would be less negative......those posts have no merit whatsoever.

Thanks for the story Tatter, one of these days I am going to buy you a few beer so you can tell me more.

D2D
    You're surprised by negative posts? Come on. It's the same reason people around here enjoy when other posters lose much more than when someone goes on a heater. There's no shortage of loser mentality in the gambling world.

Thanks for the good word. Hopefully we'll put back a few cold ones some day.

12 Last