Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

What was your opinion of Brazil today? Impressed? Unimpressed?

IMO they did not look like they a team that should be 2.5 to 1 Favorites to win the World Cup.

I mean maybe if they continue to flop and get easy PK from 10 feet outside the goal maybe.... but i was a bit dissapointed with the quality of the game i saw today... Sloppy Football match !

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

It's just the 1st game. They could be nervous. I don't think they will have too much problem with Mexico and Cameroon.

In the last WC, Spain lost their opening game to Switzerland but still went on to win the WC.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    It's just the 1st game. They could be nervous. I don't think they will have too much problem with Mexico and Cameroon.

In the last WC, Spain lost their opening game to Switzerland but still went on to win the WC.
    good point. I think teams now know if you cut off the head of the snake the body will die. I expect Mexico to try to take out Neymar.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

One red flag that I saw was (and maybe it was nerves) their keeper was making a meal out of almost every shot coming his way...and I'll definitely be looking closely at the totals/props because there might be some nice betting opportunities coming up...his games in the MLS didn't nearly give him the speed and reflex timing he needs early on

msutter
    msutter's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 368

Did not like what I saw from their goalie. They were outplayed by Croatia today as well

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by msutter View Post
    Did not like what I saw from their goalie. They were outplayed by Croatia today as well
    Outplayed yeah right. Croatia had calls go against them, but they never outplayed Brazil.

Overall Julio Cesar and Hulk were poor, David Luiz is OP and Brazil are tireless. Neymar is unplayable and it will take a lot to stop them. Brazil playing badly and win 3-1 what happens when they click and samba?

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

You could look at it like this....They didn't play nearly as well as they are capable of and still won 3-1 against a decent Croatia squad

They'll be there in the final 8 teams or so atleast but I don't think that they are unbeatable or anything like that.....There's a good 7-8 squads or so that can win this whole thing and/or take Brazil down in the process and I wouldn't be surprised one bit....Even the top squads have their weaknesses this time around including Brazil

All that said, they are the favorite being home but nothing's close to a lock in this competition

anhhungcodoc
    anhhungcodoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

The defense and especially midfield were so terrible to me. if they were playing against Spain or Germany with that performance, they will surely loose

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Disgusted tbh.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

bro i only watched like the first few minutes. soccer is so fckn' boring. they need to just keep the cameras aim and the crowd for the hotties.

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Outplayed yeah right. Croatia had calls go against them, but they never outplayed Brazil.

Overall Julio Cesar and Hulk were poor, David Luiz is OP and Brazil are tireless. Neymar is unplayable and it will take a lot to stop them. Brazil playing badly and win 3-1 what happens when they click and samba?
    Neymar should have been sent off. No two goals from him and no Neymar in their next game.

Croatia may not have outplayed Brazil the entire game, but they did enough to win, only the ref fuked them over.

RubberKettle

Quote Originally Posted by whareouttogetme View Post
    Neymar should have been sent off. No two goals from him and no Neymar in their next game.

Croatia may not have outplayed Brazil the entire game, but they did enough to win, only the ref fuked them over.
    If Neymar should of been seen red for that Sergio Ramos would never finish a game.

did enough to win

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Lot of pressure on the host country opening up the tournament....think they got it out of their system and Croatia isn't a slouch and should move on with Brazil in this group. Wouldn't put to much into this game to be honest

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I will give you some in-depth analysis as a Brazil homer who knows the team inside-out.

The midfield didn't look good because Paulinho had a ridiculously bad game. He flat out just filled space and did nothing. I doubt he will be a starter for the rest of the World Cup, Hernanes will most likely replace him.

Brazil has a few holes in the team. Daniel Alves is always attacking so Luiz Gustavo has a lot of ground to cover but he never gets tired. I expect the team to improve once they actually have a second defensive midfielder.

I don't think Hulk is leaving the team because he also covers a lot of ground and is important defensively. He is not bad but he can improve a lot in this world cup.

Goalie is a huge problem, to be honest the best goalie of this generation was arrested for murdering his ex-girlfiend, but this doesn't matter. Julio Cesar isn't very good but the two central defenders are probably the best in the world.

Ref obviously helped calling that ridiculously penalty but overall Oscar and Neymar played very well, they are the guys who carry the team.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Willian and Fernandinho should be playing.... atleast coming off the bench IMO
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Big Bear

RubberKettle

Filepăo needs to put hulk on the right. He's lost on the left and cannot get infield on his proper foot.

I agree that Hernanes should replace Paulinho and he showed why today. Oscar was superb today, always beating players and making passes, I hope he can play like that all tourney.
    Points Awarded:

Big Bear gave RubberKettle 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Exactly. First game and everyone draws premature. conclusions.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Filepăo needs to put hulk on the right. He's lost on the left and cannot get infield on his proper foot.

I agree that Hernanes should replace Paulinho and he showed why today. Oscar was superb today, always beating players and making passes, I hope he can play like that all tourney.
    Oscar should have won "mvp". Say what u want about neymars pk but oscars goal was great.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Oscar was easily best player on the pitch

TheMartian
    TheMartian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3241

Why are Willian, Ramires, Fernandinho, Dante, & Jo on the bench

And why is Oscar playing wing in the first half.... Big Phil is insane

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMartian View Post

why should Dante and Jo be starters?

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

You don't suddenly make wholesale changes to 1st XI after so much preparations. This is the same XI that destroyed Spain in the finals of the Confederations Cup.

TheMartian
    TheMartian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3241

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    You don't suddenly make wholesale changes to 1st XI after so much preparations. This is the same XI that destroyed Spain in the finals of the Confederations Cup.
    Fred, Hulk, Paulinho, Gustavo, and David Luiz in CB should not be starting. They're beyond exposed and are gonna cost Brasil mark my words. Big Phil is going down with the ship if he keeps playing these guys.

heathaterno1
    heathaterno1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

Brazil played shit and only won due to a FIFA instructed call that clearly wasnt a penalty. Croatia up until that point were on par with Brazil if not better. They started to dictate the tempo and controlled the game with their passing. That bullshit call changed the game and got Brazil out of jail. As some said its the first game, teams can start slow and win like Spain last world cup and Italy in 82. But if thats the way they play throughout the tournament, wont stand a chance against Argentina, Germany and Italy etc.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Fred, Hulk, Paulinho, Gustavo, and David Luiz in CB should not be starting. They're beyond exposed and are gonna cost Brasil mark my words. Big Phil is going down with the ship if he keeps playing these guys.
    They should of brought Miranda to play centre back alongside Thiago Silva but he's not even in squad so already made a big error there. Dante and David Luiz are both too erratic and lose concentration.

El Nino
    October 2014 POTM
    El Nino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1868

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    They should of brought Miranda to play centre back alongside Thiago Silva but he's not even in squad so already made a big error there. Dante and David Luiz are both too erratic and lose concentration.
    I heard Thiago Silva's game suffered after he pulled a gun on his wife and threatened to shoot her. Plus...neck tattoo of a crown? Common, bro!

Betlitelli
    Update your status
    Betlitelli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2898

I heard Thiago Silva's game suffered after he pulled a gun on his wife and threatened to shoot her. Plus...neck tattoo of a crown? Common, bro!
    Lol UFC fighter Thiago Silva is different guy.

Filipe Luís should be in World Cup roster and probably in first 11, Marcelo is the worst and the best defender at the same time I`m not sure if they can defend well with him and another flying midget fullback Alves plus shaky goalkepper.

Fernandinho, Ramires are better than Paulinho

EasyPicks
    EasyPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    I will give you some in-depth analysis as a Brazil homer who knows the team inside-out.

The midfield didn't look good because Paulinho had a ridiculously bad game. He flat out just filled space and did nothing. I doubt he will be a starter for the rest of the World Cup, Hernanes will most likely replace him.

Brazil has a few holes in the team. Daniel Alves is always attacking so Luiz Gustavo has a lot of ground to cover but he never gets tired. I expect the team to improve once they actually have a second defensive midfielder.

I don't think Hulk is leaving the team because he also covers a lot of ground and is important defensively. He is not bad but he can improve a lot in this world cup.

Goalie is a huge problem, to be honest the best goalie of this generation was arrested for murdering his ex-girlfiend, but this doesn't matter. Julio Cesar isn't very good but the two central defenders are probably the best in the world.

Ref obviously helped calling that ridiculously penalty but overall Oscar and Neymar played very well, they are the guys who carry the team.
    perhaps for the pure fact you are a Brazilian you aren't seeing all the things like they really are:

"The midfield didn't look good because Paulinho had a ridiculously bad game. " --- not true. It wasn't great but far from being a really bad game from him!

"I don't think Hulk is leaving the team because he also covers a lot of ground and is important defensively. He is not bad but he can improve a lot in this world cup." --- he's a great player, but he's lacking confidence (they all go to die on that fkiing country...Russia...he shouldn't never had left Porto for Zenit) and he was by far the worst player on the pitch yesterday!

"Goalie is a huge problem" ---- decades of experience, he did his job. Not great, but players like and trust him (you can see that).

"the two central defenders are probably the best in the world" --- this is the BIGGEST PROBLEM of BRAZIL. If you and others believe this you guys are in for a surprise! David Luiz probably one of the most overrated player nowadays. He's not that good and is getting more cocky every year.....be careful.

RubberKettle

Fred
    Neymar Oscar Hulk
    Hernanes GUstavo
    Marcelo Luiz Thiago Silva Dan Alves

Should lineup like that next game. No Hulk at left midfield, his passing sucks ass. He can only play direct with left foot. Makes it super hard for him being on the left and trying to only pass all game.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

they need to export more steak houses

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

Well it doesn't matter how they look. It is quite apparent that the fix is in.

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1345

You gotta give props to the home team and host country. Yeah, they looked a bit shaky and made a few dumb mistakes, but for the most part great play by Brazil. Neymar is for real and I think the next couple of games will show what a powerhouse team they'll be in this World Cup.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    You gotta give props to the home team and host country. Yeah, they looked a bit shaky and made a few dumb mistakes, but for the most part great play by Brazil. Neymar is for real and I think the next couple of games will show what a powerhouse team they'll be in this World Cup.
    great play by the ref more like. very average performance by brazil