ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Of course Chrome will get a break...Coburn and the rest of those people had never had that much attention in their lives, and I put some of the blame on the networks jamming the cameras on the guy in the heat of the moment when they knew he would be upset....but obviously the blame is squarely in his lap. They will pack up and head back to California where they cab hide for a while...but I will guarantee you no trainer would of had that horse ready any better than Art Sherman....no matter what that wind bag said
    That's true, media can never learn to fukk with peoples lives. But come on look at it this way, did john sheriffs or the moss's explode to the media when zenyatta lost to blame back in 2010? No they carried on with the horse and she is living like the queen she is right now. I think I would be more pissed as a owner/trainer if my jockey cost me a perfect horse career, then my horse coming short in a triple crown. He shouldn't be so ungrateful to the sport, Chrome and Zenyatta both got purchased for around the same price. Both you can say had great careers so far. They made a few millions on these horses. Moss doesn't complain about zenyatta's loss, but Coburn has to be a dicc because chrome loast. Come on that's immature just settle for your finish and be great god gave you a great horse and a very successful one to.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

People can't understand the idea of opinion anymore. The dude just suffered a bad beat and let it fly and brought up some decent points that will undoubtedly never be changed and he knows that.

JJ, all you have is an opinion on his opinion. The fukk is that and who cares?

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    People can't understand the idea of opinion anymore. The dude just suffered a bad beat and let it fly and brought up some decent points that will undoubtedly never be changed and he knows that.

JJ, all you have is an opinion on his opinion. The fukk is that and who cares?
    Chalky one thing though he should have never mention that he would never see a triple crown winner in his life. That's basically him saying no other horse will win the triple crown for as long as he lives. Don't you think that's a kick in the rear end for all the trainers and owners out there.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    Chalky one thing though he should have never mention that he would never see a triple crown winner in his life. That's basically him saying no other horse will win the triple crown for as long as he lives. Don't you think that's a kick in the rear end for all the trainers and owners out there.
    He's probably right. Two things I question I will ever see, Cubs WS and Triple Crown Winner.

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by ChalkyDog View Post
    He's probably right. Two things I question I will ever see, Cubs WS and Triple Crown Winner.
    Cubs WS I can agree on Triple crown winner I hope we get one in the next 10 years to prove Coburn wrong.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

i watched the one interview and he didnt seem like an azz at all..

nyplayer33

he said u wont see a triple crown winner in his life cause HE feels winning 3 races of the best 3yr olds in what 7 weeks in too tough..like always horse was overbet at a mile and a half..8/5 at best not 4/5

ProPicker713
    METS!

Wasn't there a horse that won the Belmont stakes then the met mile 5 days later?

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8975

My favorite line:

"Its not fair to the horses that run their guts out for these people and the people that believe in them."

Im sure chrome is gonna have alot of sleepless nights in the future, thinking about all the people he let down today.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

He should kick that bitch to the kerb for being disloyal behind his back in front of 20 million tv viewers.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

That decrepit prick is only 61???? He looks 80! And he showed his true colors, brown like a POS! A total embarrassment to the state of California. Low low low class. And you know what, I would be disappointed if any horse won a Triple Crown race if I didn't think it was running against the best competition available. When Ben Hogan won his Grand Slam did they say nobody can play in the British Open unless they played in the Masters. No! You take on all comers and beat them or you're not a Triple Crown winner. Go away, you swarmy used-car salesman.....and don't come back. This was the single worst case of bad sportsmanship I've ever seen on American soil.

ProPicker713
    METS!

Come on guys let's be serious about this I'm more happy that Evans got the win rather than Coburn. quote on quote Despite the nature of the victory, Evans didn’t shy away from praising Tonalist.
    “It’s very satisfying,” he said. “Actually, yesterday I went to my father’s grave and thanked him for putting me in a position to do this … I was slightly surprised [by the win], and it’s great. I’ve been in this game a long time.”

chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Sore loser..guy went on a tirade to reporter after race. I never saw this before.

No rule that these horses have to run other two races

So what they were fresher part of the game
    100% agree couldnt believe what i heard. fk him. i was rootin for a tc but bet on curlin too,but because of that blowhard am glad he didnt even hit the board..classless all the way. makes kentucky derby people look better that this guy thinks he can walk on water due to luck. awesome horse had bad trip but 1) hey thats racing and 2) this guy just turned off millions of viewers and potentially thousands of owners by being a poor loser.
    even if i had 100k for stud,fee i sure as hell wouldnt want to give it to him based on his,tirade alone.... i think its incalculable how much. money he lost from his rant

part of me hopes hollywood says f u ...we dont need your shit

while he whines about triple crowns being unfair..in my eyes it cheapens what they accomplished legitimately plus you can never compare,eras but
    if you wanna be the best you gotta beat the best and in an ever changing environment like racing or boxing its not always possible..

but he bragged and bragged,and i think he thought they were untouchable...instead of being proud they won the 20 horse derby and followed it up with a preakness he publicly pouted after losing belmont about the process. like jj said -there has been no requirement and format has been.laid out for years and years.in todays world he has a Very good horse just not an elite one
    they all know ahead of time.

thing is i bet if you ask any owner or trainer a couple months before they raced the derby not knowing they had a horse that would,qualify if they won the derby then the preakness, would they would whine about not winning belmont after winning legs 1&2 about racing against new or rested horses
    i would bet almost 100% would say ill take those two thankfully and take my chances (horse health permitting)in the belmont.

secretariat beat on,y 4 horses in his 31 length belmont but no one says a word about that .. yes it was a track record but no one can argue its harder to beat twice as many horses...for one the post is different from the get go. and less potential . im not dissing secretariat but
    best example i can give is yankees won 10of 12 world series or close to from around 1941-1953,it which every yankee fan raves but they beat out like 11 teams each year.
    well of course no team can do that in todays world with 30 teams and free agency
    i'm sorry but screw the loud CC owner.. just wait til saturday night live finds,a,way to attack his tirade....
    his point taken and presented properly id see different but. i was embarassed for racing after what i heard on tv

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Hes Pissed chrome's steroids didnt work long enough for him to finish the triple crown.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Football will be here soon

nyplayer33

This was the single worst case of bad sportsmanship I've ever seen on American soil ??? wow, you must not watch sports much

nyplayer33

The owner didn't come across like the class act we thought, he was emotionally charged up and said some stuff maybe he wouldn't of said again. He says he's 61 and looks 80, has zero to do with anything. I bet he has more money, will have more money at his age then 95 percent of the forum posters

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Damn I've never been in the minority like this in my life.... I think he makes a valid point though the triple would be lessened by those rules.. Its like letting all these teams bang it out in the playoffs and you're already in the Superbowl.

In the end it is what it is because it's so hard which makes it so prestigious. I wouldn't change it but his point is worth discussion

chase hardy
    chase hardy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 88

JJ GOLD youre a punk bitch with no class. You broke dikk fukk

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Chase call me

I thought that guy was about 78 years old

What a punk, he goes out a loser now

YES

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    When's the last time any of you guys lost the biggest bet of your life and posted Atta-boys on SBR 5 minutes after it happened?
    exactly. Well said Dane.

None of us should be judging him. We all lose our cool from time to time.
    Nobody is perfect. Guy had a bit to drink and was heated thats all...

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    exactly. Well said Dane.

None of us should be judging him. We all lose our cool from time to time.
    Nobody is perfect. Guy had a bit to drink and was heated thats all...
    We don't let others down when we complain though, this guy basically said his horse was the only horse that would stand a chance for the triple crown for the next few years.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

"it's not fair to the horses."

GTFO motherfukker just cause you already spent the $$$$$ you thought you were going to win

unreal balls on this guy who DIDN'T HAVE THE BEST HORSE YESTERDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wilford brimley looking old fukk prolly thinks the NBA is rigged too

wake up peckerhead your 15 minutes are over

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1545

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    My favorite line:

"Its not fair to the horses that run their guts out for these people and the people that believe in them."

Im sure chrome is gonna have alot of sleepless nights in the future, thinking about all the people he let down today.
    The horse has been hitting the bottle ever since the race ended yesterday. Won't leave his stable.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8975

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    The horse has been hitting the bottle ever since the race ended yesterday. Won't leave his stable.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by nyplayer33 View Post
    The owner didn't come across like the class act we thought, he was emotionally charged up and said some stuff maybe he wouldn't of said again. He says he's 61 and looks 80, has zero to do with anything. I bet he has more money, will have more money at his age then 95 percent of the forum posters
    He was the one who brought up his age, dipsht, in that ridiculous tirade of his. He should have prepared himself for how he would act if he won or if he lost. Having money doesn't excuse him for being a classless fool, just like it didn't for Donald Sterling.

stlouis262014
    stlouis262014's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Football will be here soon
    You could say that again

stlouis262014
    stlouis262014's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    Wasn't there a horse that won the Belmont stakes then the met mile 5 days later?
    Conquistador Cielo won the Met Mile, I think it was, and then won the Belmont less than a week later by FIFTEEN lengths.

ProPicker713
    METS!

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Conquistador Cielo won the Met Mile, I think it was, and then won the Belmont less than a week later by FIFTEEN lengths.
    Exactly my point, he came back after winning the met mile to beat that years derby winner by 14 1/2 lengths. Horse had no rest at all but still won like a champ.;

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I wonder if this guy was always a chump before the Triple Crown events??

I bet he is still crying today

His horse was not good enough

jt315
    jt315's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13718

If I had his address I'd send him a bunch of sour grapes.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What is worse is that the dumb old fart repeated what he said yesterday, in an interview this morning. He could have saved some face by apologizing for his tirade because of the heat of the moment, and explaining his position again, but this dumb f**k goes off again. He should be banned from Racing for the rest of the year.

gembo12
    gembo12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3480

Let's not forget he made a dig at Churchill Downs after the Preakness. He think he's racing royalty, NOT. Take your horse back to Los Al and disappear.

mw00
    mw00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

yet if the horse won, he'll thump his chest and take in the glory and say how special his horse is bc no horse has won the crown in 30 years..but now that he lost, it's a travesty. if he was so appalled then he shouldve withdrew his horse before the race started, not wait til the results to bitch and complain.

First 1234 Last