Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Is anyone actually surprised with this Rashad McCants academic fraud scandal?

He attended classes 1/2 of the time and also had bogus ones while tutors did his work.

Are there really people out there that think every college student who plays sports is actually there for learning?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

why tell us 9 years later though? oh yea, he needs money so he's selling his story because he could never make it big in hoops

homie1975

per wiki:

McCants' three years at Chapel Hill were not without controversy. In an interview for a local television station, McCants compared UNC to a prison, stating, "You're not allowed to say certain things, but once you get out of jail, you're free. (I'm) in my sentence, and I'm doing my time".

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

sports is fixed. this is a non-story cause it's accepted that shady dealings occur in sports.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is broke

typical druggie after hoops living in hood

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

The only thing about this that would surprise me is if UNC faced any sanctions b/c of it

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    The only thing about this that would surprise me is if UNC faced any sanctions b/c of it
    we live in the great U.S. of A.

unless there is evidence then i don't want to hear about it.

you dont give a school sanctions because a bitter POS ex athlete made up a story.

how about this one? i saw bill o reilly at a grocery store muttering to himself racial epithets, should he be fired??

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I went to school with a few guys who got sports scholarships and they were dumber than shit, barely graduated high school. then they went to college and graduated and are still dumber than shit. They never went on to play in the pros and no way did those guys go to school for 4 years and get a legitimate degree. I've heard so many stories about guys that went to college to play football and never went to classes. All they are there for is to make their college more attractive. The higher ups don't give a fukk if they are actually learning or not.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

It angers me because this happens while athletes complain about money and practice schedule.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by shady610 View Post
    It angers me because this happens while athletes complain about money and practice schedule.
    well they should still be compensated.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    well they should still be compensated.
    easy classes and scholarship is enough

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Social Studies..my favorite fake major.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's a pretty well known fact that the majority of the one and done guys IF they do go to class in the Fall, stop going in the Spring. I remember reading an article on it a while back and basically there's nothing that happens to them even though they are essentially flunking out. I think they wind up getting incompletes or some bullshit that keeps them from being declared ineligible.

It's one thing to have them put into easy classes where they don't have to do any work, but why do you bother fraudulently doing shit like UNC is accused of with having tutors and what not do their work?

I'm sure there are plenty of unscrupulous people who would "teach" fake classes for athletes where they can pass by learning how to write their name ... although some of them might fail that. These are the schools that deserve to get caught. McCants is still a rat fukk regardless. But I'm guessing someone in his faux entourage or maybe just an ESPN flunkie is to blame for this being a story. He obviously was in no rush to tell this until someone either approached him or told him that it'd be a good pay day.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11953

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    we live in the great U.S. of A.

unless there is evidence then i don't want to hear about it.

you dont give a school sanctions because a bitter POS ex athlete made up a story.

how about this one? i saw bill o reilly at a grocery store muttering to himself racial epithets, should he be fired??
    His job's a little different. He gets paid to rationalize racict tendencies
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Jayvegas420