Challenges
    Challenges's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Looking for sharp handicappers

I am currently trying to get a group of sharp cappers together that specialize in different sports. My goal is to get a group of consistently profitable handicappers together that are experts in their respective sports so we can share picks and be profitable year round. I have been capping sports for about 6.5 years and I have found it extremely difficult to be handicap all sports and be profitable year round. It would be much more efficient to have a group of sharps that specialize. The sport I have been consistently profitable in is NCAA football. I mostly analyze the games myself but I have built (and continuously tweaking) a model using python for NCAA football to help aid in my capping. If interested and you are please message me. I would like to have the group together by the start of football season.

leetreaper
    leetreaper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

lol

iceman02
    iceman02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2965

This is a really good idea. Thats how the big timers do it like billy walters.

Iam pretty good with NFL and NBA, dougie Fresh is the best MLB capper i have seen. We definitely need a big time NHL and college bball and footballer.

Challenges

Iceman I cant message anyone directly because I'm under 40 posts so if you have any question about my model or the angles I look at when capping an NCAA football game message me. Do you or any of the guys you mentioned use models or do they just do the analysis of the games them self? Also (correct me if I'm wrong ) after reading through some of the forum I get a sense most of the people who post don't take there handicapping seriously and are for the most part throwing darts.

iceman02
    iceman02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2965

I use stats, type of field, defense vs qbs and other factors such as weather and division games.

I have predicted the superbowl pretty well won giants, packers, giants, ravens lost broncos. 4-1 last 5 years.

z-doggie
    yo dog ,,i am the ish...
    z-doggie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1981

let me know how this goes

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

lol..I love these new guys looking to open a tout service. There is no such thing as a good handicapper, sports betting is random and just a numbers game.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

Quote Originally Posted by Challenges View Post
    I am currently trying to get a group of sharp cappers together that specialize in different sports. My goal is to get a group of consistently profitable handicappers together that are experts in their respective sports so we can share picks and be profitable year round. I have been capping sports for about 6.5 years and I have found it extremely difficult to be handicap all sports and be profitable year round. It would be much more efficient to have a group of sharps that specialize. The sport I have been consistently profitable in is NCAA football. I mostly analyze the games myself but I have built (and continuously tweaking) a model using python for NCAA football to help aid in my capping. If interested and you are please message me. I would like to have the group together by the start of football season.
    If only there were a forum where this group could get together, share picks and analysis. Would help if this meeting area were broken out into specific sports as well so the experts could chat with others who know that sport well as well.

Let me know if this comes together!!

jjgold

You could break a game down as much as you want but the outcome in many cases is lucky events during the game

At the time of your wager if you're not getting one of the best available numbers vs a closing line it doesn't matter how many stats look at

Most successful gamblers can't name five players in any league

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Contact Opie1988.

jjgold

This is a typical guy trying to start a tout business

Basically you will get a commission from him

No experts are going to spend that type of time on the forum

Also the rare people that do win don't give secrets out
    Points Awarded:

nikossf gave jjgold 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Contact Opie1988.
    Opie = sharp capper

good one

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You could break a game down as much as you want but the outcome in many cases is lucky events during the game

At the time of your wager if you're not getting one of the best available numbers vs a closing line it doesn't matter how many stats look at

1st shift JJ is a woman i can tell.

leetreaper

Shoot yourself.

jjgold

Most successful players are math guys and do not know any players

Name correlation to the stock market most successful players know nothing about the stock they're investing in

All complex math models and statistics

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    1st shift JJ is a woman i can tell.
    That's not that hard. There prolly isn't a male organ across any of the shifts.

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
    Shoot yourself.
    Awesome!!

leetreaper

Most successful players are math guys and do not know any players

Name correlation to the stock market most successful players know nothing about the stock they're investing in

All complex math models and statistics
    No wonder you have not succeeded in life, no comment...

banyoe1980
    banyoe1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

seriously you mastering NCAA football an make profit, if you do why bothering other sports ? my opinion why risking for other sports that you said difficult to be, IF yo make profit on NCAA football.
    fokus on it, dump others sports

banyoe1980
    banyoe1980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

lol

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

beat me to it

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

No truer words can be had...Yet he continues to derail EVERY fukken thread he posts in.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Jk... I'm a math guy as well OP... don't let these guys get you down.
    Last edited by James Marques; 06-04-14 at 10:11 AM.

Challenges

First off let me address jjgold, I'm am not looking to start a tout business or take a commission from anybody. From your comments I can conclude you haven't had much success capping and haven't ran into any successful cappers. I do use a model for NCAA football but I don't solely rely on it(yet). There are some things that a model can't account for. When capping a game I use a combination of my own analysis and my models analysis.(Also why are you being called 1st shift jj?)

Banyoe I agree with you. After last NCAA football season I have quit capping all other sports. I analyzed my records in all of the sports and concluded that I only have and edge and am a long term winner in NCAA football. I also back tested all of the models I have built for different sports and again the only model that was profitable for me was NCAA football. I will continue to tweak and adjust my model but I think it's still about three to four years out till I can solely rely on it (and still I will have to continue to adjust my model to maintain my edge).

I came on this forum looking to find like minded handicappers so we can make a profit from sports betting year round. I'm not looking to "share my secrets" but to have a group of successful capers who are able to focus on their sport of expertise and share their picks for the group so we can be successful year round. So far I am currently talking to a guy who models soccer(specifically EPL) but for the rest of the sports its wide open.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

newbie taking on jj bot.

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Looking in the wrong place.....

Challenges

Propicker, where do you suggest I look? (Message me if you cant post it on here)

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Propicker, where do you suggest I look? (Message me if you cant post it on here)
    Anywhere but sbr lol. 95% of posters here are broke.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9978

First off let me address jjgold, I'm am not looking to start a tout business or take a commission from anybody. From your comments I can conclude you haven't had much success capping and haven't ran into any successful cappers. I do use a model for NCAA football but I don't solely rely on it(yet). There are some things that a model can't account for. When capping a game I use a combination of my own analysis and my models analysis.(Also why are you being called 1st shift jj?)

Banyoe I agree with you. After last NCAA football season I have quit capping all other sports. I analyzed my records in all of the sports and concluded that I only have and edge and am a long term winner in NCAA football. I also back tested all of the models I have built for different sports and again the only model that was profitable for me was NCAA football. I will continue to tweak and adjust my model but I think it's still about three to four years out till I can solely rely on it (and still I will have to continue to adjust my model to maintain my edge).

I came on this forum looking to find like minded handicappers so we can make a profit from sports betting year round. I'm not looking to "share my secrets" but to have a group of successful capers who are able to focus on their sport of expertise and share their picks for the group so we can be successful year round. So far I am currently talking to a guy who models soccer(specifically EPL) but for the rest of the sports its wide open.
    Its not about sharing secrets - but if you have an edge and are good in a sport - post the games here. You can wait until you get the bets in (or your syndicate does if you do that) so you don't worry about bum lines or whatever - but share the wealth! That is what makes this a great site. Don't share the model or analysis or any of that if you don't want - but if you can turn a profit on a sport - help us all return a profit on that sport!

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    newbie taking on jj bot.
    classic