STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

When Time Duncan speaks, I listen... this comment alone has made me a believer

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    listen u '17000 posts in 4 years ' piece of know nothing shit who is not even getting paid to post, if u dontvlike my threads then stay out of them u fukking loser
    you are a stupid dumbfukk

nothing more nothing less

Venom OG
    Venom OG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 514

I saw the interview with David Aldridge and I actually wrote down the quote. The exact quote was : "We've got four more to win, and we'll do it this time." I am already heavily invested on the Spurs to win the ship, but when I heard Duncan say that, I immediately wanted to increase my investment. Timmy doesn't say shit like that often. Spurs are a great team. So are the Heat, but with home court advantage, the better coach, and a team brimming with confidence after coming out of the meat grinder that is the West, at even money give me the Spurs all day.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

MIAMI -- LeBron James heard Tim Duncan's comments when the NBA Finals rematch was finally set and fully understood them, even though he wasn't bothered by them.
    After the San Antonio Spurs clinched a meeting with the Miami Heat, Duncan made a strong statement when he said: "We're excited about it. We've got four more to win. We'll do it this time."
    SVP & Russillo

ESPN NBA Insider Brian Windhorst weighs in on the NBA Finals, LeBron James' mindset regarding facing the Spurs, how San Antonio will defend James and more.
    More Podcasts »

James said he wasn't bothered by the comments and called the entire Spurs organization "professional," but he certainly understood the message being sent.
    "They don't like us, they don't. I can sense it from Timmy's comments over the last couple of days," James said after the Heat held an extended practice on Monday. "They wanted this, they wanted us and we'll be ready for the challenge."
    After blowing a five-point lead in the final minute of Game 6 last season when the Larry O'Brien Trophy had been wheeled to the edge of the court and yellow tape prepared for the postgame celebration, the Spurs have lived with the disappointment for a year. Which is why Duncan added: "We're happy it's the Heat again. We've got that bad taste in our mouths still."
    "[Duncan's comments] don't bother me. Once you get on the floor, you've got to play. We're confident. We're not shying away from them. We want them, too," James said. "I don't think it's personal. Like they said, we left a sour taste in their mouth."
    Unlike in the last round when the Heat ended up in a frustrating back-and-forth with the Indiana Pacers, particularly Lance Stephenson, there was no edge in James' tone. After getting back to the Finals in 2012 after a bitter loss the previous year, James can relate to the Spurs and is taking a very level-headed approach into the series.
    "They've been preparing for this moment, we have as well," James said. "No one is entitled. This is no one's championship. It isn't ours, it isn't theirs, it's two teams fighting for it.

homie1975

Fox sports radio Steve gorman sports his cohost just played the Duncan presser and then he says timmy backpedal ed off the comment he made Courtside. So obvious if you're just paying attention. Trust me it's on the heat bulletin board. Might just be that little extra that puts heat over the top

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

We get it, homes. You love the Heat and they will win. No different than the Spurs lovers that you hate.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    We get it, homes. You love the Heat and they will win. No different than the Spurs lovers that you hate.

eberetta1
    Win some cha-ching
    eberetta1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12575

if the mods and sbr mgmt allow it i will bet u all 872 of my betpoints that the miami heat beat the san antonio spurs in the 2014 nba finals
    Last time I looked, themoneyshot has a whole 12 betpoints to bet with. Is that 36 cents you are willing to
    part with.

homie1975

I am 56 % sure Miami will win. 44% sure San Antonio.

Some of the spurs backers posting ate acting like it's 90 to 100% spurs to win.

Insanity

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

If u bet money I'd assume you're 100 percent sure. If u are Duncan u are 100 percent confident in winning the series.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by eberetta1 View Post
    Last time I looked, themoneyshot has a whole 12 betpoints to bet with. Is that 36 cents you are willing to
    part with.
    Moneyshot won 26400 bet points this week, it is top of the entire SBR leaderboard on forum home page. I assume the 12 is today's that he hasn't transferred yet.

Cuse0323

I am 56 % sure Miami will win. 44% sure San Antonio.

Some of the spurs backers posting ate acting like it's 90 to 100% spurs to win.

Insanity
    Nice to say but you come off just like them.

I got Spurs at about 89.99%, myself.

homie1975

Nice to say but you come off just like them.

I got Spurs at about 89.99%, myself.
    didnt u say youre just a spectator this series? U picked the spurs to win in 5. Youve gotta have action bro

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

He said essentially we are going to win.

thats a definitive statement. Its a guarantee.
    Should have he said we are going to lose?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Should have he said we are going to lose?
    He should have said what he said in the press conference which is that they are going to prepare hard and they hope to win.

very different timmy in the postgame presser. He totally backpedaled.

smoke a bowl

He should have said what he said in the press conference which is that they are going to prepare hard and they hope to win.

very different timmy in the postgame presser. He totally backpedaled.
    Any player that doesn't have the sac to say that they are going to win in a press conference is a jerkoff.

smoke a bowl

And if the Heat need locker room material to play harder in the phuckin NBA championship then they have already lost.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Venom OG View Post
    I saw the interview with David Aldridge and I actually wrote down the quote. The exact quote was : "We've got four more to win, and we'll do it this time." I am already heavily invested on the Spurs to win the ship, but when I heard Duncan say that, I immediately wanted to increase my investment. Timmy doesn't say shit like that often. Spurs are a great team. So are the Heat, but with home court advantage, the better coach, and a team brimming with confidence after coming out of the meat grinder that is the West, at even money give me the Spurs all day.
    Can't say I blame you...Spurs have a look in their eyes and Duncan only talks when he means it...

homie1975

And if the Heat need locker room material to play harder in the phuckin NBA championship then they have already lost.
    Its that little extra something that gets it over the top, takes u to that extra gear one more time than u woyld have without the bulletin board material.

u guys think timmy has a different look in his eyes? U should see and hear lebron. He says he knows the spurs dont like them. He said he can tell by timmys interviews.

It will be the old us against the world mentality all series

Lebron is going to go off. U think bulletin board material doesnt matter? Coaches and players wouldnt use it if it didnt

smoke a bowl

Its that little extra something that gets it over the top, takes u to that extra gear one more time than u woyld have without the bulletin board material.

u guys think timmy has a different look in his eyes? U should see and hear lebron. He says he knows the spurs dont like them. He said he can tell by timmys interviews.

Lebron is going to go off. U think bulletin board material doesnt matter? Coaches and players wouldnt use it if it didnt
    Some people ware 2 different colored socks because they think it matters. Do you really think it matters?

homie1975

Some people ware 2 different colored socks because they think it matters. Do you really think it matters?
    The reason why its so tough to threepeat and in this case make 4 straight nba finals (celtics 84-87 were the last to do it) is because complacency sets in. They might think subconsciously in key moments, that they dont need to push push push because they won two in a row and this third one is not so important.

u bet your ass this matters.

all timmy did was wake up the whole heat squad. The. Whole. Damn. Squad

smoke a bowl

The reason why its so tough to threepeat and in this case make 4 straight nba finals (celtics 84-87 were the last to do it) is because complacency sets in. They might think subconsciously in key moments, that they dont need to push push push because they won two in a row and this third one is not so important.

u bet your ass this matters.

all timmy did was wake up the whole heat squad. The. Whole. Damn. Squad
    Like I said, if they aren't absolutely ultra excited about a potential 3 peat then they are beaten already. One little comment expressing confidence from the other team certainly won't be enough to flip the script.

smoke a bowl

Like I said, if they aren't absolutely ultra excited about a potential 3 peat then they are beaten already. One little comment expressing confidence from the other team certainly won't be enough to flip the script.
    If quotes actually matter then the Heat are in a ton of trouble. You do remember "not 1,not 2,not 3,not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7".

homie1975

It did not stop 1 and 2 the past 2 years from happening. That quote was 4 years ago. Timmys comments are fresh as in 3 nights ago on the eve of the finals

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Hard to believe people are trying to make it sound like such a big deal, especially since everybody knows how much a smack talker Timmy is.

I'm sure during crunch time in GM 7, the Heat are going to be thinking about Timmy's "guarantee" and that will be their inspiration to dig deep and pull out the win.

homie1975

Roadie i dont think it gets to 7. Heat in 6.

homie1975

Highly paid athletes are still human. Multi millionaires are still human. Complacency can set in to anyone especially teams and players who are in their 4th straight final.

thanks to mr duncan for waking miami the fuk up!!!!

Cuse0323

didnt u say youre just a spectator this series? U picked the spurs to win in 5. Youve gotta have action bro
    I'm broke, points only. Would love to parlay Spurs/Rangers series, take 'em separate and big on Spurs.

That time has passed in my life...for now.

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Timmy will get his 5th ring this year

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Quote Originally Posted by aireent777 View Post
    I agree Timmy gets his 5th ring which puts him in the elite crowd of top players!

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

I am not so sure it is dislike....I think Spurs are just upset they lost it in the way the lost it last year...Duncan has been quite complimentary to Lebron over the years...and the Heat have never really voiced displeasure with them either....there has to be some mutual respect there...its just the Spurs have xtra incentive this year...

cane
    cane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3110

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    I am not so sure it is dislike....I think Spurs are just upset they lost it in the way the lost it last year...Duncan has been quite complimentary to Lebron over the years...and the Heat have never really voiced displeasure with them either....there has to be some mutual respect there...its just the Spurs have xtra incentive this year...
    As someone who follows the Heat closely, I can tell you there isn't a team in the league Miami has more respect for than San Antonio. Two great organizations, two great teams, future hall of famers all over the court, this series should be fun.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Spurs trying to get revenge for that epic game 6 of last year.

Cuse0323

Only thing that worries me is that the Spurs have more pressure on them. Timmy is still haunted by last year and don't need him to be tense. Luckily, they're more than one player and will be fine.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by aireent777 View Post
    U said the same thing last year

First 123 Last