Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Do we trust Doug Fister tonight? Nationals may be worth a play here

Fister has a couple starts under his belt now and he has proven himself to be
    a very good pitcher over the years...

Tonight he goes up against a Reds line-up that packs very little punch. He will not have to worry about lefties tonight except for the red hot Hamilton and Shumaker is decent too.

That being said there is only one direction Cueto can go from where he is at now and Alroldis Chapman threw 2 innings last night so its safe to say the Nationals won't have to worry about him tonight.

Also one more thing... not that it makes much of a difference but it is reassuring that 80% of bets are coming in on the Reds and the line has moved in the opposite direction.. is a regression coming tonight for Cueto? On the road his strike out to walk ratio is 24/9 and at home it is 52/9

he has pitched 3 more games at home but this atleast shows that he walks more hitters on the road than he does at home. He averages about 3 walks per game on the road and less than 1 walk per game at home. On the road and at home he still strikes out about 8 per game.

Maybe i am over thinking this but the books seem to be begging for action on the Reds given how well Cueto has pitched and where the line is sitting.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Let me get this right.

You think the Nats are the play because you THINK the books are begging you to play the Reds?

That's your handicapping?

Come on Bear.

Down_Goes Bookie
    Down_Goes Bookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cueto has the lowest BABIP in MLB at a ridiculous .160 with an even more ridiculous 99.5% strand rate. highest in the league, so yeah, regression is due down the road.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Let me get this right.

You think the Nats are the play because you THINK the books are begging you to play the Reds?

That's your handicapping?

Come on Bear.
    nah not really i just feel Cueto can't keep pitching like he has been pitching.

This line seems way off. Why is Ventura -200 and Cueto is just about even money?

And the other thing is i think highly of Fister and now that he has pitched a couple games i expect him to be a solid pitcher...

If you bet Reds here you are pretty much banking on Cueto either throwing a complete game or
    the Reds scoring plenty of runs against Fister. I dont think either will happen.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

I bet the Reds last night at -112 thinking the public was going to pound them at this steal of a price.
    I obviously fukked myself nicely, as they are +100 now.
    They are not betting the REDS
    Stop looking at those bullshit SBR odds consensus posts.
    They are 100% garbage and inaccurate.

Reds is the play.

It's still spring training for Fister here. He fukks up and gives up one 3 run HR and it's most likely game over.
    He has little room for error in all likelihood against Cueto.

crbravens23
    crbravens23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

i would wait till Cueto cools off before fading him… the guy is by far the best pitcher in the early season thus far. automatic if reds score 3 runs when he pitches.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Bear...I'll give you a hint: This season don't bet FOR or AGAINST the Reds this year.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Bearer, wash could get a backdoored cover. Stay tuned

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Bearer, wash could get a backdoored cover. Stay tuned
    no chance

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    nah not really i just feel Cueto can't keep pitching like he has been pitching.

This line seems way off. Why is Ventura -200 and Cueto is just about even money?

And the other thing is i think highly of Fister and now that he has pitched a couple games i expect him to be a solid pitcher...

If you bet Reds here you are pretty much banking on Cueto either throwing a complete game or
    the Reds scoring plenty of runs against Fister. I dont think either will happen.
    on point analysis.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Nice call. I know 5 innings cuento was -150. So i almost took fister cuz of that over price. Reds got little offense right now. Dont think any pitcher is to scared of them without votto or bruce. Bang brothers out

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Yeah i fully intend on taking the Reds in Cueto's next start.

He will come back strong. Everyone has an off game every now and then.