blackout31
    blackout31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Please explain something to me.

Why are so many on this forum so into this concept of betting big and making a grand spectacle of it?

I'll be straight honest with you all. I bet peanuts. We're talking like $10 a unit, if that. I've gotten lucky and turned $40 into some moderate success, and by moderate I mean it helps me pay off student loans.

Yet I feel like my story is looked down upon. Unless you're betting stacks and consistently winning, you're a joke. That's insane.

This should be a forum for discussion, and some of the people on here give good insight into helping me make MY picks. If I put the money down, those picks become mine to live with. It's no one's fault but my own if something fizzles and a bad beat occurs.

Yet there is more blame and peacocking on this forum than needs to be. We would all profit if we took this as a place for discussion, not showboating.
    Last edited by blackout31; 05-15-14 at 01:46 AM. Reason: I can't stand spelling errors.

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Well said, I agree

LordVodka
    LordVodka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

There is one shit user in particular who loves to post about others betting small. This piece of shit nots need be mentioned by name but he is the biggest turd in history.

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Agreed, also most of the people betting big here are just losing more money compared to a small time bettor

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There's many more small bettors then big bettors here

The more active posters bet smaller the less active and lurkers bet bigger

killawookie
    killawookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

I find I have greater success turning 50 into 500-1000 than I if I start with 200 or so. Makes me micro manage more and take the right shots. I'll tell you why people do everything you just listed.. for attention. They want to be 'that guy', you know the one everyone comes to for advice. No one ever liked anyone for flashing money and success around, so why do people do it here? It's for the attention, the self righteous, ego maniacs that want to feel better about themselves in place of real life conflicts. Everyone else just uses these forums to justify putting their money down on something and for free group therapy when we lose, lol. It's fresh breath of air when people are on here for recreation and don't need to throw sharp, square, locks, fading, tailing, air betting terms around at each other to make them seem more important than you :P

Optional
    Optional's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9201

Quote Originally Posted by blackout31 View Post
    Why are so many on this forum so into this concept of betting big and making a grand spectacle of it?

I'll be straight honest with you all. I bet peanuts. We're talking like $10 a unit, if that. I've gotten lucky and turned $40 into some moderate success, and by moderate I mean it helps me pay off student loans.

Yet I feel like my story is looked down upon. Unless you're betting stacks and consistently winning, you're a joke. That's insane.

This should be a forum for discussion, and some of the people on here give good insight into helping me make MY picks. If I put the money down, those picks become mine to live with. It's no one's fault but my own if something fizzles and a bad beat occurs.

Yet there is more blame and peacocking on this forum than needs to be. We would all profit if we took this as a place for discussion, not showboating.
    Don't let it worry you, what sort of person do you most expect to think bet size or money makes the man?

A winner in life? Or would it generally be a loser?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bigger gamblers usually get the perks meaning the free meals the free hotels and the free drinks

Big gamblers usually get treated better and are more respected in the sports book

Big gambler sign of status. These guys a look down on small gamblers and do not want them in the way

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by blackout31 View Post

Goat never says how much he doesn't bet.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

The only 2 posters ive seen saying they bet big on here is Brock Landers and that guy Biggie.

Biggie must have won the lottery or maybe he is a pro gambler he bets like 6K per game.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Its a gambling forum, what do you expect? Good people?
    Lol

Zenyatta 19-1
    SWFL
    Zenyatta 19-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 591

I don't care if im betting 50 cents or im betting 5000. I want to win every d*mn time and I take them both just as serious. I admire all types of bettors. It's us vs the bookie and most of the time we are all beating on each other

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I know a few guys here that are very, very well off and they also bet peanuts. I also know a few guys here that have little more than peanuts to their name and yet they're betting their paychecks.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    Its a gambling forum, what do you expect? Good people?
    Lol

Excellent post!

This ain't no feel good chitty room, pal.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011