LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Facing Elimination, New York Rangers May be without Martin St. Louis Friday

Tragic sudden death of his mother at age 63.

Simon Gruber
    scientific thought and reasoning
    Simon Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

that's tragic news, but MSL has been nothing more than horrible news himself since he joined the team and I doubt he was suddenly going to find his form in time for this game.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Load up on Pittsburgh I'm not a big hockey player but I have a clue when is a major play

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Load up on Pittsburgh I'm not a big hockey player but I have a clue when is a major play
    Maybe. But if he doesn't play the Rangers won't miss him anyway. You never know if this is going to drag the team down or make them play their best game of the year.

LT Profits

OR he may play and pull a Brett Favre.

bernardoGui
    Update your status
    bernardoGui's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    ..and for the non NFL historians, here's a quote from Wikipedia:

"..1 day after his father died of a heart attack or a stroke, Favre decided to play in a December 22, 2003, Monday Night Football game against the Oakland Raiders. The Packers traveled to Oakland where Favre passed for four touchdowns in the first half and 399 total yards in a 41–7 victory over the Raiders on international television (even receiving applause from "Raider Nation"). He completed 73.3% of his passes and finished the game with a passer rating of 154.9[46] with having recorded a perfect 158.3 rating with four touchdowns and over 250 yards passing by halftime (a feat accomplished by only four other passers in NFL history).[47] He then went to his father's funeral in Pass Christian, Mississippi. Favre won an ESPY Award for his Monday Night Football performance

..either way: WARM THOUGHTS AND CONDOLENCES TO MARTIN ST. LOUIS & HIS FAMILY!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

How can anyone take angers??

They have a tough time scoring and on the road??

jazzdrum78
    jazzdrum78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

It's his decision to play or not. If I had to guess, his mother would want him to play. Playing may distract his grief for a few hours.

I am playing Rangers, and will cheer for them to win. Just because it would be an awesome story.

LT Profits

St. Louis has decided to PLAY.

bernardoGui
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Uh Ohh! With Marty St. Louis playing tonight, it seems that the Rangers will be showing up-showing up.. I'm thinking player props!?

bernardoGui
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by bernardoGui View Post
    Uh Ohh! With Marty St. Louis playing tonight, it seems that the Rangers will be showing up-showing up.. I'm thinking player props!?
    Seen at BOVADA -

1. More points in the game - Martin St. Louis (NYR) or James Neal (Pens): Martin St. Louis (+165)

2. Total shots on goal in the game - Martin St. Louis: OVER 2 (-120)

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Maybe this will give them some type of spark. Sorry to hear about the loss of his mother but damn they need to get their shit together somehow. Series is basically over but if they win tonight, maybe we can force a game 7.

Simon Gruber

The series is over because McDonagh has been trash since the playoffs started. He's the best player on this team when healthy and yes I'm including the goaltender. Obviously it doesn't help when Nash, MSL, and Stepan are completely useless, but that was expected going in - at least from my p.o.v.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

I think MSL is the type of emotional player that will preform better in these circumstances. I am not questioning the Rangers effort tonight as they are playing for their playoff lives. On Rangers +145

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Marty is a very emotional guy as witnessed when he didn't make Team Canada only to be named later when Stamkos couldn't play.

I lost a lot of respect for him with how he handled that situation

Losing his mother is on another level, gotta be a very tough time for him.

I wish him all the best.

Simon Gruber

I have a feeling that it's going to come down to him and Nash tonight though - McD is clearly not healthy and that's not going to change in that I don't thing he's physically able to pick his game up a notch. Nash is healthy, just a loser. MSL is healthy, and will be playing with a lot of emotion - which if channeled properly could shift him into another gear. It's going to have to be either him or Nash - if neither one of them has a big night this team won't be playing until the fall, and by that time Nash better not be apart of it or I couldn't care less if they make the playoffs or win the draft lottery.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Yeah, watching McDonagh play so poorly sucks since it's only because of his health and you can tell he wants to be able to do more. Nash needs to step up but that's been the case all playoffs and I have no faith in him magically doing it tonight. He's not even skating hard or putting forth full effort...I could deal with him not scoring if he was busting his ass but he's folded up shop for the year it seems.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

I think if Hagelin has a good game then Nash or MSL will benefit hugely from that. It's all about Hagelin's speed creating trouble for the Pens allowing him to get behind the net and deal passes to the scorers or try the wrap around.

bernardoGui
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TankHankerous View Post
    I think if Hagelin has a good game then Nash or MSL will benefit hugely from that. It's all about Hagelin's speed creating trouble for the Pens allowing him to get behind the net and deal passes to the scorers or try the wrap around.
    The Swedes will definitely have to show up. Lundqvist, for obvious reasons; Hagelin, for the reasons You posted (Zuccarello has the same qualities and duties) ..creating the space for an offensive to be able to take place.

jazzdrum78
    jazzdrum78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Thank you Rangers. Bet against the public with Ranger and Pacers tonight. Killed it.