Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Fanduel just had 100% bonus commercial on ESPN. Is this not internet gambling?

Has the gov't blessed fantasy one one one stuff?

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

100% legal

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It's legal but a waste of time

It's not as popular as people think

Fantasy football but that's it

geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

The Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006, which was an amendment to the larger and unrelated SAFE Port Act, included "carve out" language that clarified the legality of fantasy sports. It was signed into law on October 13, 2006 by President George W. Bush. The act makes transactions from banks or similar institutions to online gambling sites illegal, with the notable exceptions of fantasy sports, online lotteries and horse/harness racing.
    The bill specifically exempts fantasy sports games, educational games, or any online contest that "has an outcome that reflects the relative knowledge of the participants, or their skill at physical reaction or physical manipulation (but not chance), and, in the case of a fantasy or simulation sports game, has an outcome that is determined predominantly by accumulated statistical results of sporting events, including any non-participant's individual performances in such sporting events..."[39]
    However, all prizing must be determined in advance of the competition and can not be influenced by the fees or number of participants. Fantasy sports are considered gambling and therefore illegal if the competition does not meet this rule: "prizes and awards offered to winning participants are established and made known to the participants in advance of the game or contest and their value is not determined by the number of participants or the amount of any fees paid by those participants." [40]

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

There is a legal cut out for fantasy sports, just as there is for horses.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Every once in a while I look at the fantasy sites and I last five minutes and just flick it off

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Every once in a while I look at the fantasy sites and I last five minutes and just flick it off
    That's because you have ADHD.