Gradius
    Gradius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 625

Is it possible to make a living on props and small sports (In the long run)?

I already know that props and small sports are beatable, but I would like to know if you can make a living on them (say, theoretically starting out with a 50K bankroll). The issue with props and small sports are that the amount you can get down is low, and (for small sports) the volume of games or events might not be big enough to justify putting the research into them. Also (and maybe the most important issue) is that if you are consistently beating the bookmakers in these low level events, you are either going to get limited or kicked out; with the low number of quality bookmakers (for people that don't have access to professional books), this would put a dent in future earnings.

I would like to know your opinion, and I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this in.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Especially NFL props are very beatable, however as you said even if you are consistently able to beat them the limits are simply too low and you won't be able to profit enough.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

of course it is. have enough outs that actually pay and you will be good to go.

limits? circumvent that with volume.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

50k?
    LOL

Good luck.
    By "Making a living" you must mean you live in your mom's basement and only have to buy your own food and profit 200 a month.
    If you are seriously trying to consistently make money and rely on it for a profit to live, that isn't enough.
    If you had a million dollars, you could make 50k a year without a problem. That would be "Making a living", and not even a great one.

But for 50k, you're talking a guaranteed profit of 5k for a whole year without having to take serious risks. And that's only if you're decent capper and smart with your game plan, as well as disciplined.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25117

In this day and age probably not unless you have a lot of gnomes and can produce monster volume. Most of the major offshores are very quick to limit and if your worth anything your limits will be very low. I think I bet one or two player props for maybe $100-$200 each at 5 dimes before I was limited to $20 per. Put this on top of the fact that there are substantially less suitable outs that most are willing to keep any substantial money and it almost seems like the effort would far outweigh the reward.

There may be a few capable of doing it but on an individual level I just dont see it very attainable.

mr.ed
    mr.ed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4218

It all comes down to how good you are. If you are good, 50k is plenty to start with....you will rarely have opportunites to put that much in play anyway, especially since we are not in football season. 5dimes props are very beatable, but they will cut you very quickly when you start beating them and it won't be worth playing there anymore. You won't have wild swings playing low limit props....it is more of a grind but if you are good your bankroll will continue to rise and soon how much you have will not be a factor....as you will never be able to get that much in play anyway.

I can get 2-3k down on golf, tennis, and Nascar match-ups by using multiple outs....and that's after getting limits cut at many places. If you are good at one of these sports you can make a decent living. To suggest you need a million dollar bankroll to make a living betting off-sports and props is nonsense. Also, if you are American, you need to figure out how to establish accounts at Pinnacle, Matchook...etc to maximize profits.

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

Small sports offer the best chance for weak lines, but you do need to know it very well.