Betpoints: 410

Rule #1

Don't put the same team in all parlays.

STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    man, this clown loves parlays.

never seen one hit...
    you havent been reading my threads then. hit a 60 to 1, 8 to 1, and a couple smaller ones in the last month. these are just the ones ive posted about. I only post when I feel strongly about it. gonna be hitting this one too, but keep hating, i love brokedikk hate on my threads

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Rule #1

Don't put the same team in all parlays.
    why? explain please, Im gonna love hearing this

STAX

man, this clown loves parlays.

never seen one hit...
    oh and was an a minute and 80 yards away from hitting an 8000 to 1 shot in college bowl season, but a loss is a loss right? Even if its $5 to win $40K?

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    you havent been reading my threads then. hit a 60 to 1, 8 to 1, and a couple smaller ones in the last month. these are just the ones ive posted about. I only post when I feel strongly about it. gonna be hitting this one too, but keep hating, i love brokedikk hate on my threads
    brokedikk hate? lol... i'm one of the few on here that actually has a clue on sports betting.

keep thinking parlays are the way to go.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

oh and was an a minute and 80 yards away from hitting an 8000 to 1 shot in college bowl season, but a loss is a loss right? Even if its $5 to win $40K?
    so why didn't you hedge? oh that's right, cause you're a brokedikk that didn't have the funds to hedge...

STAX

so why didn't you hedge? oh that's right, cause you're a brokedikk that didn't have the funds to hedge...
    ur right I didnt have 30 grand to hedge it properly

georgek118
    georgek118's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4513

cant bet against a must win for okc.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by georgek118 View Post
    cant bet against a must win for okc.
    Oh they are only playing 3 quarters? Thought they played 4, and thank you for the input after the fact, you're a real champion!

STAX

You want to give your advice before the game and actually present it in a reasonable manor? That's fine and I welcome it, and I actually look for it. I may not agree with it, but I respect someone who gives their thoughts on a game or bet before the game starts. But don't come in here after the game is over and say it was a bad bet when you didnt have the balls to say it before the game started.

STAX

and this aint over either, the over is a virtual lock, and if Clips can go on a run, they may cover the spread.

bruins35
    bruins35's Avatar Become A Pro!

and this aint over either, the over is a virtual lock, and if Clips can go on a run, they may cover the spread.
    good luck stax I like your picks

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Quote=Ghenghis Kahn;21809903]

so why didn't you hedge? oh that's right, cause you're a brokedikk that didn't have the funds to hedge...[/quote]
    epic

Staxy would have needed to hedge the Florida State game so yeah. He would have needed 30 grand to make a proper hedge. What's with all the hate GK?
    You OK?

Call Me

STAX

nice little 5-0 run to start the 4th... 12 pt game 10 min to go

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post

epic

Staxy would have needed to hedge the Florida State game so yeah. He would have needed 30 grand to make a proper hedge. What's with all the hate GK?
    You OK?

Call Me[/QUOTE]

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ghenghis Kahn

STAX

meh OKC answered, looking grim now.... still a good bet imo

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post

epic

You OK?

Call Me[/QUOTE]

hahaha i'm on my rag pal.

nah seriously, not hating, just think this kid is reaching with all these parlays.

just imagine if he actually bet individually with all his picks.

he'd actually be up, not down.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

also, how hard is it for you to quote my post? it's all fukked up now and i can't edit.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

ur right I didnt have 30 grand to hedge it properly
    go back to your thread. you didn't even have couple thousand for guaranteed profit.

STAX

epic

You OK?

Call Me

nah seriously, not hating, just think this kid is reaching with all these parlays.

he'd actually be up, not down.[/QUOTE]

who said I was down? It doesnt take a very high percentage to be up... and I did hit a 60 to 1 shot less than a month ago, so I am doing just fine. I doubt you can even find 60 parlays Ive posted on here. Ive posted many times my reasoning for doing parlays. First of all, I don't do this for a living, I do it for fun, and I do it to try for the big score. I do not have the discipline to grind out a profit betting single games, I know this from a decade+ of playing poker semi-professionally (although I do find myself less emotionally attached to sports betting than I do poker). Grinding is tough work, regardless of the field you are doing it in. I try for the big score, and I do it to give myself excitement in watching the games. Secondly, I have only been betting for a couple of years, and this is my first NBA season and first MLB season. I have been a sports fan for many many years, and I do not handicap games like your typical gambler. I ignore trends alltogether, I do not care about trends. Trends are available bc that's what the book wants you to focus on. It is living in the past, and the past means very little in the grand scheme of sports. I base most of my handicapping on momentum (how is the team playing NOW) and mental makeup of the teams involved, and I put a lot for stock in the head coach, more than probably anyone else. Now, I can't tell you if I am up or down, overall in my life betting sports. If I'm honest, I am probably down a smidge, but I will tell you I have been very very very close multiple times, to hitting giant scores that would undoubtedly put me up a significant amount. And if I am down, it isn't by very much, and if I'm up it isn't by very much. But that is either here nor there, because my sample size is way too small to come to any conclusions just yet.

STAX

go back to your thread. you didn't even have couple thousand for guaranteed profit.
    no ur wrong, I always have a couple thousand available if I need it, however, I didnt want to tie up all my cash for months just to promise myself a few hundred to a thousand profit.

STAX

11 point game 2 minutes to go... this could still hit

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

epic

You OK?

Call Me

he'd actually be up, not down.[/quote]

After six years I caved and bought a new phone.
    Still getting used to touch screen. $80 a month, just to talk to you fukkin retards.

Anyway, you're 100% right. Don't you think I find myself asking the same question every night. And guess what I do?
    I wake up and bet more parlays.
    Difference is, I rarely come close.
    This guy barely misses & says "a loss is a loss".

I like that

STAX

holy shit the over didnt even hit

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Let's try some all point spread tickets today.
    Some nice juicy RLs!
    Maybe a home dog?

GL

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

he'd actually be up, not down.
    who said I was down? It doesnt take a very high percentage to be up... and I did hit a 60 to 1 shot less than a month ago, so I am doing just fine. I doubt you can even find 60 parlays Ive posted on here. Ive posted many times my reasoning for doing parlays. First of all, I don't do this for a living, I do it for fun, and I do it to try for the big score. I do not have the discipline to grind out a profit betting single games, I know this from a decade+ of playing poker semi-professionally (although I do find myself less emotionally attached to sports betting than I do poker). Grinding is tough work, regardless of the field you are doing it in. I try for the big score, and I do it to give myself excitement in watching the games. Secondly, I have only been betting for a couple of years, and this is my first NBA season and first MLB season. I have been a sports fan for many many years, and I do not handicap games like your typical gambler. I ignore trends alltogether, I do not care about trends. Trends are available bc that's what the book wants you to focus on. It is living in the past, and the past means very little in the grand scheme of sports. I base most of my handicapping on momentum (how is the team playing NOW) and mental makeup of the teams involved, and I put a lot for stock in the head coach, more than probably anyone else. Now, I can't tell you if I am up or down, overall in my life betting sports. If I'm honest, I am probably down a smidge, but I will tell you I have been very very very close multiple times, to hitting giant scores that would undoubtedly put me up a significant amount. And if I am down, it isn't by very much, and if I'm up it isn't by very much. But that is either here nor there, because my sample size is way too small to come to any conclusions just yet.[/QUOTE]

if you're doing parlays just for fun, all good pal.

i guess people have different motives when it comes to sports betting.

STAX

who said I was down? It doesnt take a very high percentage to be up... and I did hit a 60 to 1 shot less than a month ago, so I am doing just fine. I doubt you can even find 60 parlays Ive posted on here. Ive posted many times my reasoning for doing parlays. First of all, I don't do this for a living, I do it for fun, and I do it to try for the big score. I do not have the discipline to grind out a profit betting single games, I know this from a decade+ of playing poker semi-professionally (although I do find myself less emotionally attached to sports betting than I do poker). Grinding is tough work, regardless of the field you are doing it in. I try for the big score, and I do it to give myself excitement in watching the games. Secondly, I have only been betting for a couple of years, and this is my first NBA season and first MLB season. I have been a sports fan for many many years, and I do not handicap games like your typical gambler. I ignore trends alltogether, I do not care about trends. Trends are available bc that's what the book wants you to focus on. It is living in the past, and the past means very little in the grand scheme of sports. I base most of my handicapping on momentum (how is the team playing NOW) and mental makeup of the teams involved, and I put a lot for stock in the head coach, more than probably anyone else. Now, I can't tell you if I am up or down, overall in my life betting sports. If I'm honest, I am probably down a smidge, but I will tell you I have been very very very close multiple times, to hitting giant scores that would undoubtedly put me up a significant amount. And if I am down, it isn't by very much, and if I'm up it isn't by very much. But that is either here nor there, because my sample size is way too small to come to any conclusions just yet.
    if you're doing parlays just for fun, all good pal.

i guess people have different motives when it comes to sports betting.[/QUOTE]

I posted in an earlier parlay thread that I felt if anyone tailed me and just took my picks straight up, they would be better off. It doesn't mean that I don't think I will ever win. I've been supe rclose many time to hitting big scores. But I'm also quite open to the fact that betting games straight up may be the better approach. In fact, I am certain that it IS the better approach for those who wish to make a profit long term in this business. However, to do so, one needs MAJOR SELF CONTROL when it comes to the gambling aspect and when it comes to the hi's and low's of sports betting. I majored in poker for a long time, I understand the gambling part of things, however, I realize and admit my faults. Self Control being the biggest fault of all. So i have been taking a "big score" approach. I haven't invested much into sports betting over the last 2 years, mostly I've hit a decent score and dwindled it away trying to hit an even bigger one. I've went out of my bankroll limits many times, as we all have, but I never made an impulse play, or chased losses. My losses are small enough to absorb. I know sooner or later, I'm gonna hit a major score. It's very similar to Multi-table tournaments in poker. Its all about knowing the variance, and accepting it.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

in basketball always go with the zig zag theory.

Remember its all in the script.

Spartandawg
    Spartandawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2393

You must be a real big clips fan.. They took your $400 and wiped their asses with it...

DougWilson
    DougWilson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 702

PARLAY #1

Clippers +5.5 -110
    Wizards +4.5 -110
    Royals +1.5 (RL) -235

$100 pays $419

PARLAY #2

Clippers +195 (ML)
    Wizards +160 (ML)
    Royals +100 (ML)

$100 pays $1434

PARLAY #3

Clippers +5.5 -110
    Wizards +4.5 -110
    LAC/OKC o214.5 -110
    IND/WAS u184.5 -110
    Royals +1.5 (RL) -235

$100 pays $1793

PARLAY #4

Clippers (ML) +195
    Wizards (ML) +160
    Royals (ML) +100
    LAC/OKC o214.5
    IND/WAS u184.5

$100 pays $5490

$400 to win $9136
    Hope you hit that

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by DougWilson View Post
    Hope you hit that
    games were yesterday pal. He came close.

actafoolzz
    actafoolzz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 278

2 points away in Clippers game from that third parlay, ouch.

First 123 Last