STAX
    STAX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Chris Paul just had one of the best games in post season history

32 points on 14 shots, ZERO free throw attempts. He averaged 2.3 pts per shot. And Russell Westbrook is one of the worst defensive PGs in the NBA.... Clippers sweep

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

In 28 minutes

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Thats why they call him CP3

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He was due

Lets see if he can continue great play and if so Okl City wins 1 game only in series

imadegen
    imadegen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9093

barely beat a broken gs team without bogut.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by imadegen View Post
    barely beat a broken gs team without bogut.
    Cardinal betting sin... living in the past.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by STAX View Post
    Cardinal betting sin... living in the past.
    Exactly. Don't put too much stock in game 1. OKC wins game 2 and will likely take one in LA.

violivei12
    violivei12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

If not gathering facts from the past then where are we to be gathering information from?

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Exactly. Don't put too much stock in game 1. OKC wins game 2 and will likely take one in LA.
    I doubt it but to each his own! Im looking more at who the better team is. And that is the Clippers, I said that before game 1. better coach, better PG, and the best TWO inside players on the floor. I could go further and say they also have the better bench and better 3 pt shooters. Clippers are just better, and they have no weakness while OKC has two holes in their starting lineup (Perkins and Sefalosha), and one guy (Butler) who is worth anything on the bench.

STAX

Quote Originally Posted by violivei12 View Post
    If not gathering facts from the past then where are we to be gathering information from?
    Put more stock in momentum, if a team is "clutch" or not, overall talent, and coaching and you'll be better off than playing trends. Momentum is the key though, because 90% of the game if half mental I bet MLB, and I couldnt even tell you a teams record Im better on, other than maybe their record in the last 10 games, and the streak the are currently on. In fact I havent even looked at the standings at all this season.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12894

32 points on 14 shots, ZERO free throw attempts. He averaged 2.3 pts per shot. And Russell Westbrook is one of the worst defensive PGs in the NBA.... Clippers sweep
    No chance of a sweep.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

Great game he played, but it is in the history books, time to move on.

violivei12
    violivei12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

I think in a lot of situations if a team wins game 1 on the road they are satisfied and take it easy in game 2. But the clippers won so easily they should have plenty of gas left in the tank for this game. CP3 sat out a whole quarter and had a day of rest. This is a big test for OKC to see if they can man up or are going to go down quietly. I have trust in KD, just not sure about the rest of the team.

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO

I think in a lot of situations if a team wins game 1 on the road they are satisfied and take it easy in game 2. But the clippers won so easily they should have plenty of gas left in the tank for this game. CP3 sat out a whole quarter and had a day of rest. This is a big test for OKC to see if they can man up or are going to go down quietly. I have trust in KD, just not sure about the rest of the team.
    I love how people quit after one game. Would that be like Memphis taking out OKC, when they had the series lead??? Please. BOL in your wagers.

The Kraken

Put more stock in momentum, if a team is "clutch" or not, overall talent, and coaching and you'll be better off than playing trends. Momentum is the key though, because 90% of the game if half mental I bet MLB, and I couldnt even tell you a teams record Im better on, other than maybe their record in the last 10 games, and the streak the are currently on. In fact I havent even looked at the standings at all this season.
    Edit: Sorry Stax, I quoted the wrong post.

This was all true for the GSW series as well, minus the best 3 pt shooters. However, this OKC team has had more recent post season, split regular season games 2-2 with the LAC and the Clippers just played their best game of the year in game 1. I think OKC covers the spread tonight.

However, I agree with you on all your points. On paper, the Clippers are the better team. But Spurs were better than OKC a few years ago when OKC beat them. The Rockets on paper were better than the TrailBlazers this year. And OKC on paper is light years better than Memphis this year, yet they almost lost in the first round to them. There's just so much that goes into games that doesn't show up on paper and I think you'll see that tonight.

Either way, I think every game from this point forward will be close in this series. Much like both of their first round series games.

Sledge187
    Sledge187's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6001

Good points.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

you should look at the past to gather info

but the logic that if team A beats team B and team B beats team C then team A will beat team C is completely baseless and reminiscent of a 9 year olds arguments when trying to convince his friends about which team is the best

if you are capping based on schoolyard logic then you will lose all your money

the difference between teams in the west is minute, from the no.1 all the way down to the 8th, case in point, 3 of the four matchups in the west went to 7 games, including 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7 and 3 vs 6 and one went to 6
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 05-07-14 at 06:25 PM.

STAX

Edit: Sorry Stax, I quoted the wrong post.

This was all true for the GSW series as well, minus the best 3 pt shooters. However, this OKC team has had more recent post season, split regular season games 2-2 with the LAC and the Clippers just played their best game of the year in game 1. I think OKC covers the spread tonight.

However, I agree with you on all your points. On paper, the Clippers are the better team. But Spurs were better than OKC a few years ago when OKC beat them. The Rockets on paper were better than the TrailBlazers this year. And OKC on paper is light years better than Memphis this year, yet they almost lost in the first round to them. There's just so much that goes into games that doesn't show up on paper and I think you'll see that tonight.

Either way, I think every game from this point forward will be close in this series. Much like both of their first round series games.
    Good points, and the game tonight verifies them (escept for the game being close). Looking back, I may have been too in love with LAC, and maybe dismissed OKC a bit. We've seen an LAC blowout and an OKC blowout, I think the rest of the series might be a treat for sports fans. I just might take the dog with the pts in every game from here on out (I think you mentioned this before the series even started). OKC is a tough team to figure out. I mean, I like them and if I didnt bet on games I would probably be rooted for them to win it all. I havent looked at the boxscore of the game yet tonight, but I'm guessing Paul shot a bad % and Griffin and Jordan didn't dominate the glass. I'm guessng Durant was his usual self (30/8/6) and Westbrook didn't penetrate up too many times (didnt shoot less than 40% or have 6 or more TO's).

The Kraken

Now we've seen the Clippers at their best and OKC at their best. Hopefully game 3 has them both at their best and the refs swallow their whistles. I thought they were terrible tonight, pro-clippers in the 1H and pro-OKC in the 2H. Just let em play and like you say, I think it'll be a treat.

Lot of really good basketball in the next few weeks.

Think Portland can take one from sA at home?

The Kraken

And ya, OKC is 100% unpredictable. They can beat any team in the NBA when they play like they did tonight but I would say the same about the Clippers if they play like they did in game 1.

what a Jekyll and Hyde first two games

STAX

Now we've seen the Clippers at their best and OKC at their best. Hopefully game 3 has them both at their best and the refs swallow their whistles. I thought they were terrible tonight, pro-clippers in the 1H and pro-OKC in the 2H. Just let em play and like you say, I think it'll be a treat.

Lot of really good basketball in the next few weeks.

Think Portland can take one from sA at home?
    No I dont think Portland can win one in SA... I think the SA and MIA series are waaaaay different than the IND/WAS and OKC/LAC series. I think we may see sweeps on day and then 7 game series the other when it comes to the series on different days.

The Kraken

I agree, especially with Miami. I could see Lillard and Aldridge getting hot and winning one in Portland but that's about it. San Antonio is an amazing organization. Sam Presti is a big reason the Thunder have had success. He was groomed in SA.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 05-08-14 at 12:55 AM.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I agree, especially with Miami. I could see Lillard and Aldridge getting hot and winning one in Portland but that's about it. San Antonio is an amazing organization. Sam Presti is a big reason the Thunder have had success. He was groomed in SA.
    Kraken I smell another blowout tonight unless they start driving agressively and get easy buckets. Pop is gonna run them out of the 3-pt line all series and Portland can't stop the Spurs defensively.

Spurs probably cover again.

The Kraken

Great call tonight PaulZ! Hit on all points. Spurs may sweep and cover all 4

Pops is well known for resting his older players, I guarantee you he wants to end this series asap and let okc/la beat the shit out of each other for 5 more games.

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

NiCE GOING