BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Mayweather rakes in 70 million for 36 minutes, but will he have the balls to rematch?

I'm gonna say he doesn't fight this kid.

Mayweather will most likely make 80-100 million for a rematch if I had to guess, as many ppl hearing the buzz how this kid could have won this fight will add plenty of more pay-per-view purchases.

I think this is the first time we will find out if he was really ducking Manny the whole time as well.
    Be hard for him to justify turning down 100 mill for a rematch here.

what you guys think?

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

a master like Floyd adjusts he did in the fight right you really think he wouldn't adjust in the 2nd fight he'll probably blow him out in the 2nd fight to answer your question hell yes he will take a rematch its easy money for Floyd maidana doesn't have the skill to compete with him so he has to turn it into a brawl. Now if Canelo could fight like maidana who knows what could have happened I still think canelo is a more dangerous opponent even though he looked awful and slow vs Floyd. Why fight Manny when you can just beat these guys who are basically aren't much of a threat? If you end your career undefeated you'll still go down as the best ever

teaserpleaser

only thing I worry about is Floyd staying too long hes 37 hes a defensive master but hes going to slow down at some point and it cant be easy to walk away from the fight game when you're making 30+ million a fight and you like to spend money/gamble the way he does.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I think he'll rematch.

He's been relatively quiet on social media as have his birds after this fight and from all the chatter, a few too many people he trusts told him that Maidana did very well in that fight. Much better than they expected. Apparently he didn't like going out and hearing that Maidana handled him well.

I think he'll do it. He'll make a lot more for than this than any of the other possibilities he has left to fulfill his contract bar Manny and that's just never going to happen. Then again I don't live and die every fight with every boxer so I fully admit I could be off base.

Great question though and I can't to see what all the boxing heads on here say!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They will watch the film and see if they can win again if not NO FIGHT,,Floyd not going to fight someone where he can lose.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Can't imagine they will watch the film and think, "Man we can't beat this guy".

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I think he said he was going to retire one his contract is up; which is 3 or 4 more fights. So I doubt he will have a rematch with the guy

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought I read somewhere September was gonna be it for Mayweather?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i thought mayweather was gona fight out the contract (3 more fights) then have a last one to try and end 50-0 if he wins the next 3.

personally, i thought he figured out maidana after an early onslaught, i think 50-0 is more important then a few more million to him at this point.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1634

He will fight Manny and retire

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

for that amount of money even if he lost it would be worth it i would think.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Why should he?

Maidana did not show this great power and was hugging him all night. Floyd was so effective and landed at an incredible rate. It's called the sweet science for a reason make the other guy miss and land yourself.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

5/5/12 cotto gave floyd a tougher fight, cotto bloodied his nose legitimately, none of this accidental headbutting crap,

go watch that fight from start to finish and tell me that was not his toughest fight yet
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: RubberKettle

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

floyd did not give cotto a rematch

Gonz312
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    Gonz312's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8406

Cotto wore himself out by rd 5...if he could of upped his conditioning it would of been a better fight. May dominated the second half of it as it was.

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    for that amount of money even if he lost it would be worth it i would think.
    Not true Undefeated is undefeated. That has to be his final target.

homervdoh
    homervdoh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Think castillo did more than cotto, pretty much a robbery, long time ago though

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

Only Pacman would be relevant. I wouldn't want to see rematch and doesn't deserve it, immediately.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

He's not retiring why would he when he's getting over 50 million for just one fight. He's money hungry and needs his gambling money like all of us. He will fight him again and beat him convincingly this time.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

lolz at guys thinking floyd would be scared of a rematch... the fight really wasnt that close, nor will a rematch be.

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

Mayweather has three fights left on his Showtime contract so I doubt he will be retiring and in terms of making money,Khan would bring in more than a rematch with Maidana.
    Last edited by Christopher1991; 05-08-14 at 12:55 AM.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

penetrate Maidana, fight the mandatory challenger Keith Thurman.

I bet Floyd ducks.

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    If you end your career undefeated you'll still go down as the best ever

Not even close.

Devon Alexander handled Maidana much better than Mayweather.

Jose Luis Castillo beat Mayweather in there first fight but didn't get the decision.

Rocky Marciano ended his career undefeated and he isn't considered the best ever.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    penetrate Maidana, fight the mandatory challenger Keith Thurman.

I bet Floyd ducks.
    Would be an interesting fight, but little chance Floyd chooses to fight him. Would like to see how Keith dealt with world class speed, he has heavy hands and discipline, but could he find Mayweather or just get frustrated and picked off chasing around the ring. Floyd would not take the fight because there's minimal name recognition and little audience for Keith Thurman; with the risks of taking on a talented young excelling fighter and excellent trainer.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

I'm gonna say he ducks the rematch on this kid.
    He has barely addressed it after initially saying he would.
    Looks like Floyd's camp is telling him to stay away and he agrees.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

No. And he doesn't need to. He won the fight. He doesn't need an immediate rematch. However he needs to do something drastic to garner interest in his next fight.

No knockouts and with nobody on the the horizon who seems they can beat him, I see his star power fading. I think his 2 best options are bigger guys. Assuming they win, Lara or Sergio. Whoever looks better

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

pacquiao vs mayweather

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Maidana fought like he was in a bar room brawl.

That isn't boxing. That is foolishness

MD
    MD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 254

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    Maidana fought like he was in a bar room brawl.

That isn't boxing. That is foolishness
    Yeah bro, can't think of a less foolish idea than trying to box with Floyd Mayweather.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave MD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post

Not even close.

Devon Alexander handled Maidana much better than Mayweather.

Jose Luis Castillo beat Mayweather in there first fight but didn't get the decision.

Rocky Marciano ended his career undefeated and he isn't considered the best ever.
    Floyd will be the best ever who is better? I stand by what I said to take a maidana rematch is a no brainer and easy money for Floyd that kid cant beat Floyd. Rocky Marciano is Italian by default cannot be the best Boxer of all time

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Avoid and retire the G O A T.....that simple

Mercersux
    Mercersux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy $$$ on mayday by k.o Completely different fight from 6th round on. Imagine mayday with a full 12 knowing how to attack Maidana. Body work early and out later rounds...

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Rayray come on pal you know dam well the fight was close. Even if maidana only won 4-5 rounds thats close.... mayweather might get ko'd by a maidana wearing everlast mx gloves and not the pillows mayweather paid him to wear.

12 Last