The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

OKC talk radio hosts are RIPPING the OKC Thunder right now

Pretty good to listen to. And they're spot on in their assessments.

Westbrook they're describing as DELUSIONAL They said that last night was the absolute WORST "great" game they'd ever seen, referring to him playing terrible yet scoring 30 and getting a triple double. But the delusional part came from a statement he made after the game where he stated, verbatim "I just have to stay on the attack, I can't let the score dictate my style of play. If I get a an open 15 foot jump shot, I'm going to take it because I knock that down NINE OUT OF TEN TIMES!" Unreal this guy. They're straight up clowning Westbrook right now Sarcastically calling him the greatest player ever shooting 90% from the field and that he likely hits somewhere around 70% from 3pt range

Kevin Durant they described his play as EMBARRASSING and they described him as FEEBLE and TIMID I guess after the game, which I didn't hear, but KD said he was being used as a DECOY They were beside themselves at this statement. The likely MVP this year, three or four time scoring champ and he's being used as a decoy????? Apparently he hit a go ahead 3 with about 6:30 left on the clock and didn't take another shot until the final desperation 3 to end the game

They're ripping Scott Brooks as well. Partly for not telling Westbrook to shoot less and KD to shoot more but for much more. I didn't get to finish hearing it all. They're having a field day on everyone. They're naming names, taking shots, making it personal and admonishing the superstars, the coaches, the ball boys

This is the first time I've heard the media react this way to the Thunder. As fans and media we tend to give small town support to the Thunder. Not today. We have pretty good media members here that are usually unbiased and opinionated and today they're blasting away

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I just hate to think that this might wake Westbrook up to the fact that he needs to shoot less and pass more.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Watching that game made me cringe every time the thunder were on offense especially in the 4th quarter. Would never have believed westbrick got a triple double if you didn't mention it haha

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    I just hate to think that this might wake Westbrook up to the fact that he needs to shoot less and pass more.
    The thing is, if Westbrook played with LBJ, LBJ would let him know who's team it is and what his role was going to be. Lebron is more than a superstar but he's the leader of whatever team he plays on. And he is not afraid of that role. Durant though, he seems to be very passive. He's not like James or Bryant, he won't make waves with teammates and call them out and let them know "hey, pass it to me, I'm the man." Bryant will, Jordan did, James does but not Durant. And OKC is talented enough that most of the time it doesn't matter. They still win. But come playoff time when you're only going up against good teams, they're being exposed.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

I agree, Kraken.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

All they do is try to get out in transition and jack up any shot they can get. It's ridiculous almost like Scott brooks doesn't run any offense just says go out there and shoot any open look you get.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

For the past few years I've assumed that Scott Brooks had naked pictures of OKC's owner. If OKC loses this series & Brooks isn't fired, I'll have to assume that it's the other way around & that OKC's owner has naked pictures of Scott Brooks

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

I will blame Brooks more than anyone. His playbook seems to consist of only KD and WB iso plays.

And what adjustments have he made so far so that KD can get clearer looks at the basket? And wtf is his team always shooting contested 3s when they are only down by 1 or 2 after a comeback?

Won't surprised me to see him sacked together with Vogel if Okc is ko.

The Kraken

I would be thoroughly surprised if Scott Brooks got fired this year, even assuming they lose this series. He's had a lot of success here and I think that buys him one more year. Next year will be uncomfortable though as he will be on a very hot seat.

OKC's playbook has always consisted of iso plays. There is always very little ball movement and even player movement away from the ball. They have good enough players that they can usually find a mismatch and expose that in an iso matchup. But this series it's not working at all and it's exposing them. It was the same with Harden, the difference was when you put Harden Durant and Westbrook on the floor together, there was always on or two mismatches. But even then it showed to be ineffective against a good defensive team like the Heat.

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

I don't get how Westbrook can shoot less we Durant literally can't come and get the ball he is horrible off the ball against great defenders

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Durant will leave when his contract is up anyway. They can bag on him now, but their team will be shit when he leaves

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Durant will leave when his contract is up anyway. They can bag on him now, but their team will be shit when he leaves
    They'll be better than the Cavs when Lebron left. OKC has good enough talent to be in the playoffs even without KD.

But when and if KD leaves, 2018 I believe, that would an entirely different Thunder team by then. Perkins will 100% be gone, Fisher will be retired, Sefolosha 50/50. They'll still have a good nucleus of Westbrook, Jackson, Ibaka and hopefully a more developed Steven Adams.

Name:  BmbkFWtCUAAWEn-.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  36.0 KB

Maybe he is delusional

TwoWays

Westbrook, Jackson, Ibaka, Steven Adams, Sefolosha, none of those names means much as far as championship contender unless u have a Durant.

The Kraken

Certainly. I wasn't thinking of that team winning a championship, just being better than the Cavs after Lebron left.

If and when KD leaves, they'll have a lot of money to go get someone else as well. Of course, it won't be anyone as good as KD but with that money, they'll get some decent talent to go with the others.

TwoWays

OKC should go out after this season and get a legit inside threat, like Pau Gasol. that's what they are missing.

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Seeing everybody shit thier pants makes me wanna take Okc next game. Serious you guys really can't mentally conceive OKC beating the Grizzlies twice? I rip OKC more than anyone but I'm not about to call Zach Randolph, Paus lil bro and Tony Allen unbeatable.

The Kraken

Absolutely. OKC is TERRIBLE at developing bigs, so they need to go get one that is already a threat, like you said.

Look at this stat.... Between Jackson, Collison, Perkins and Sefolosha, they played a total of 84 minutes and scored a total of 8 points Really? Two of those four start.

Go get a big that can score... But for some reason, they love Perkins. It's amazing.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    Seeing everybody shit thier pants makes me wanna take Okc next game. Serious you guys really can't mentally conceive OKC beating the Grizzlies twice? I rip OKC more than anyone but I'm not about to call Zach Randolph, Paus lil bro and Tony Allen unbeatable.
    Really? -140 hardly screams unbeatable. In fact, it's pretty fukking close to 50/50 no vig line.

These two teams have gone to OT 4 times in a row, so of course OKC is right there but in every game, they've been down big and had to have big steals in the last 30 seconds of the game just to tie. Memphis has thoroughly outplayed OKC this series. Can OKC win two in a row? Of course, they have more talent. I just don't see that happening.

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Absolutely. OKC is TERRIBLE at developing bigs, so they need to go get one that is already a threat, like you said.

Look at this stat.... Between Jackson, Collison, Perkins and Sefolosha, they played a total of 84 minutes and scored a total of 8 points Really? Two of those four start.

Go get a big that can score... But for some reason, they love Perkins. It's amazing.
    Jackson & Sefolosha aren't bigs though, I don't get their inclusion there while you exclude Ibaka, Jones & Adams (actual bigs). Or was that just a random non sequitur

trevor123698
    trevor123698's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by KiDBaZkiT View Post
    lol its the obvious bet. a game 7 showdown is coming

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

who's ripping him? that fat slob jim traber?

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    Jackson & Sefolosha aren't bigs though, I don't get their inclusion there while you exclude Ibaka, Jones & Adams (actual bigs). Or was that just a random non sequitur
    I moved on to another topic. Flight of ideas.

They drafted Byron Mullins and cole Aldrich, two true bigs and failed to develop either. Now they have Adams, so hopefully he'll work out better but I'm skeptical.

Pi don't even consider Ibaka a true big although with his athleticism, he can play down low.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by bostonboss View Post
    Traber, mark ?, and a few others

what do you have against Traber other than being a fat slob

Tada
    Tada's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3151

Gotta give credit to Memphis. Tony Allen gets no credit for his defense on Durant. I knew they would show up during playoffs.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

i thought brooks would stay if he won this series and lost next round, he could be the goat over this loss.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Excuse me...He's introduced as "the ultimate" I used to live in Edmond and listen to him on the Animal...the guy definitely doesn't back down from an argument that's for sure
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Westbrook destroying team

32 shots last nightone of most inefficient players in the NBA

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Westbrook destroying team

32 shots last nightone of most inefficient players in the NBA
    One of the worst triple doubles in the league you'll ever see

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Kraken they originally got Perkins to have someone that can guard Bynum but Lakers are gone and OKC has to just suck it up.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Were you listening to the a Animal Kraken?

I listened in as well?

Lol

jjgold

Bench Westbrook and Oklahoma City has a shot the next game

Durrant out of rhythm with Westbrook

BigDofBA

Durant is playing passive and intimidated.

At least Westbrook doesn't back down and leaves it all on the court.

bostonboss
    bostonboss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Excuse me...He's introduced as "the ultimate" I used to live in Edmond and listen to him on the Animal...the guy definitely doesn't back down from an argument that's for sure
    i lived in okc for a bit use to listen to traber and al after him...good entertainment but the guy is a blowhard..him and his bf fat jack break scales when they step on one

BigDofBA

i lived in okc for a bit use to listen to traber and al after him...good entertainment but the guy is a blowhard..him and his bf fat jack break scales when they step on one
    Is Fat Jack even on anymore?

He uses give "free" selections during football season on Friday afternoons. Lol.

jjgold

The Guy is dead on

Kevin Durant s game is restricted when Westbrook plays and dominates the ball therefore the team is not as good

12 Last