geebert74
    geebert74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Are they going to make him sign up for ethics class too? Unreal.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: NYSportsGuy210

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

What a disgrace the press conference was. Adam Silver completely clueless, guy had no idea what to do in such a situation.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    this fukkin * is going to ruin the nba
    lol how so jesus freak
    Last edited by shari91; 04-30-14 at 02:30 AM.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I know what he said isn't ok but Jesus this is a bad precedent being set. I think all of us on a daily basis say things we shouldn't, they may not be racist but they might not be vanilla pc either. Watch in the future what happens because of this. I can see alot more recordings like this occurring.
    Yeah the precedent is very dangerous. next the gays will be in an uproar over an owner making donations to anti gay marriage groups.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Worry about who will cover tonight

Nobody cares about team

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

This is how bad our society has become. True story...

I made a comment about kids sitting "Indian style" and was corrected. It's now called sitting "criss cross applesauce".

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

why because he was recorded without his permission? hell fight this til his death
    I heard Donald Sterling was recorded with his consent. They brought that topic up on WFAN sports radio talk and Mike Francessa said that he consented to the recording by that crazy Asian-Afro GF of his.

If he did not consent....then yes this is a bit unsettling as far as privacy issues go.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Makes me sick. Can't have your own opinion within private walls. Disgusting what this society has become.
    i know. I am a black man and this is complete bullshit!

what the fukk is happening to our country?

whatever happened to freedom of speech? And this was a private conversation in his own fukking house.

It is what it is i guess. I dont care b/c it doesnt affect me but damn... what happened to the constitutional rights?

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Silver is going to be a huge chode as a commish. A worse version of Bud Selig

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Sterling in line for huge profit, bought the team for only 12.5 mil

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Surprised this Jew came down this hard on a fellow Jew...Usually they have eachothers backs

Really no choice I guess....Would be a complete mess if he continued running the team that no one would want to play for, no sponsors would want to be associated with, etc

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Yeah the precedent is very dangerous. next the gays will be in an uproar over an owner making donations to anti gay marriage groups.
    Yeah I could see a homophobic reference being the next slip up. Get the selling frenzy ready if this is how they are going to handle it

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

The joke continues

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

why is no one talking about Stern's hand in all this? And how the two jewish families, the Sterns and Sterlings were buddy buddy. Stern knew about the lawsuits and history of racism with Sterling. Yet he still handed him CP3 on a silver platter.
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave riffraff24 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    why is no one talking about Stern's hand in all this? And how the two jewish families, the Sterns and Sterlings were buddy buddy. Stern knew about the lawsuits and history of racism with Sterling. Yet he still handed him CP3 on a silver platter.
    cause it's a non issue that coloreds are blowing out of proportion for their own gain.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    because stern knew sterling would kick his ass in court.

And, what the guy above me said also when it comes to everybody else.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Meanwhile poor Thunderhorse and Chief Jay Strongbow continue to protest outside Fed-Ex Stadium and get the middle finger from the NFL.

Make a comment about a black person or a gay and you're fined millions of dollars and ostracized by the media

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

basically get any owner saying something derogatory and they are going to be kicked out of the league.

how bout giving sterling credit for buying a team when the league was dead in 1981? that counts for nothing now?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

basically get any owner saying something derogatory and they are going to be kicked out of the league.

how bout giving sterling credit for buying a team when the league was dead in 1981? that counts for nothing now?
    It's going to count for a 500+ million profit for him....unless he's now completely insane.

It's not like he's going to jail. He can sell the team, walk away and, I guess, live happily ever after. Case closed.

SP23
    SP23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I'm sick of this, I'm really sick... When you're black, YOU'RE BLACK. no matter man, *, you're BLACK. When you're white, you're SNOW I don't know whatever, you're WHITE. I'm WHITE and for me all others are BLACK, I don't hate them, they're just different from me....
    Last edited by shari91; 04-30-14 at 02:32 AM.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

If a black owner said racist things would everyone blow it up like they're doing now? Doubt it.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by SP23 View Post
    I'm sick of this, I'm really sick... When you're black, YOU'RE BLACK. no matter man, * , you're BLACK. When you're white, you're SNOW I don't know whatever, you're WHITE. I'm WHITE and for me all others are BLACK, I don't hate them, they're just different from me....
    The fuk
    Last edited by shari91; 04-30-14 at 02:32 AM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

The guy didn't even use any racial slurs or anything. Plus he was banging a black girl. I just don't get it.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    It's going to count for a 500+ million profit for him....unless he's now completely insane.

It's not like he's going to jail. He can sell the team, walk away and, I guess, live happily ever after. Case closed.
    if he is forced to sell, which i still dont see happening, itll be at a massive discount.

anyways this could put him to an early grave, seems like this team kept him going.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

This issue is a great litmus test for ignorance on this forum.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Guinser

Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by You mad bro View Post
    If a black owner said racist things would everyone blow it up like they're doing now? Doubt it.
    Black people can say anything they want about anyone. We just laugh it off like it is no big deal.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    I know what he said isn't ok but Jesus this is a bad precedent being set. I think all of us on a daily basis say things we shouldn't, they may not be racist but they might not be vanilla pc either. Watch in the future what happens because of this. I can see alot more recordings like this occurring.
    "all of us on a daily basis" aren't owners of a fukkn NBA Team... that has a black coach, black players, etc etc etc

when you are in that spotlight, you have to be that much more careful

he is subject to the ByLaws and whatnot of the NBA by being an owner and I'm sure that means not doing things that hurt the team, hurt the league, etc etc etc

the Clippers have no sponsors now... all because of his stupid fukkn mouth

Luckycharms2012
    Luckycharms2012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5412

funny thread.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I hope Sterling mushes the whole thing up and starts suing.

Kermit

I would just love for one reporter to ask this man why it is ok for his black girlfriend to have sexual relations with black men, but not be seen with them in public.

I really want to hear his "81 year old man" explanation for this.

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

guy was obviously a scumbag, billionaire doesnt need sympathy

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  21.8 KB
    Points Awarded:

Jerm3462 gave riffraff24 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jsmithj88

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    "all of us on a daily basis" aren't owners of a fukkn NBA Team... that has a black coach, black players, etc etc etc

when you are in that spotlight, you have to be that much more careful

he is subject to the ByLaws and whatnot of the NBA by being an owner and I'm sure that means not doing things that hurt the team, hurt the league, etc etc etc

the Clippers have no sponsors now... all because of his stupid fukkn mouth hypocritical, liberal America

His opinions in his own home about his own personal relationship is not the problem.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    His opinions in his own home about his own personal relationship is not the problem.
    not when it becomes public

.....or did you miss that

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    The guy didn't even use any racial slurs or anything. Plus he was banging a black girl. I just don't get it.
    It would have been much better for Sterling if he used the N word like Riley Cooper...His thought process and overall racist views are the problem....Not sure how people don't understand

Like I said before, being a dirtbag finally caught up to him...even if the punishment seems a little harsh, don't care

First 12345 ... Last