LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Chris Sale Lands on Disabled List

Left flexor muscle strain (throwing elbow). Early indications are it is not serious, but you never know with pitchers' elbows these days.

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

tough blow for the pale hose, especially if he misses extended time. they are playing well but their offense is going to come down to earth eventually, and after sale that rotation isnt exactly loaded

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

This was a tough blow to ,my fantasy teams too. I hope it doesn't turn out to be something that needs Tommy John surgery.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    This was a tough blow to ,my fantasy teams too. I hope it doesn't turn out to be something that needs Tommy John surgery.
    HE seems optimistic but the team has given no timetable for return.

Chris Sale (elbow) said Tuesday that he "absolutely" expects to be activated from the disabled list on May 3 when first eligible.

"I have no reason to believe not," the left-hander added. While it's good that Sale is feeling confident the left flexor muscle strain will only cost him a couple weeks, we'll just have to see how he recovers. The White Sox have provided no timetable for his return.

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

The way he throws he was eventually going to get hurt. I hope this isn't the start of chronic problems for him

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

yeah he does have somewhat of a violent throwing motion...hopefully fantasy owners dodged a bullet here, but if he comes back and has a good game or two, you may wanna think about selling high, these sort of things never tend to completely 100% heal over the course of a season

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

They kept him in way too long during his last start

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Tommy John surgery seems to be inevitable for every young power pitcher lately. I hope Jose Fernandez is not next.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

With Sale's pitching style, he was going to have issues eventually

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

Just hook him up with the tommy johns.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Big loss for the soxs sometimes takes 2 years to get back to where you were after TJS

LT Profits

There has been no Tommy John announcement, he could be back in a few weeks. Haven't seen anything since Tuesday though.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 451

by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
    (04/22/14) White Sox starting pitcher Chris Sale (elbow), who was placed on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday, said he has no doubts he will be activated when eligible to return, per the Chicago Sun-Times. Sale said the word "excellent" was used by the doctor who performed his MRI to describe the UCL in his elbow.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    by Michael Hurcomb | CBSSports.com
    (04/22/14) White Sox starting pitcher Chris Sale (elbow), who was placed on the 15-day disabled list Tuesday, said he has no doubts he will be activated when eligible to return, per the Chicago Sun-Times. Sale said the word "excellent" was used by the doctor who performed his MRI to describe the UCL in his elbow.
    Right, that was Tuesday and similar to what I said in Post #4. I think the White Sox may be cautious with him, but NO need to bring Tommy John into the equation.

LT Profits

Sale is back, he is starting on Thursday.