InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Pujols to 500

has there been a more quiet major milestone in history?

had a solid spring and starting to mash the ball in the past week

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

is he clean??

Many think not as far as in the past

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

He's got his OPS over 900.

I still can't stand him.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

who cares if hes clean

always been big his whole career

but if hes clean hes playing at a disadvantage

thegiant its not like you to dislike people like that so there must be something to it just like rocket

The Giant

Drinker, he's overpaid and crippling my team.

I tend to believe Jack Clark when it comes to the steroid allegations.

I'm a believer that Pujols is closer to 39 than 34.

Pujols also gives off the vibe that he's jealous of Mike Trout.

Once I have enough evidence to support these claims, I'll be dancing in the streets. Whatever happened to Rocket anyway?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

If he is healthy until 40 he should hit 650 dingers.

That's a big if but playing in the AL helps.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

thegiant surely you know that jack clark was one of the most selfish players of all time

thegiant pujols might be jealous of trout but what do you call the guy who was completely forgotten forever in st louis because of pujols

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

thegiant pujols might be jealous of trout but what do you call the guy who was completely forgotten forever in st louis because of pujols
    Stan Musial?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

thegiant i had the fortune of spending about two hours with stan the man one day and let me tell you thegiant, he was probably the classiest guey that id ever met until i met.....thegiant

The Giant

Drinker, if we ever meet, after spending a few minutes with me you'll be..."Stan who?"

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

who cares if hes clean

always been big his whole career

but if hes clean hes playing at a disadvantage

thegiant its not like you to dislike people like that so there must be something to it just like rocket

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post

jjgold

I think he juiced in his real big years and then he got off it and his numbers started declining

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

that was SPECTACULAR thegiant!

I/O

He's juicing

pretty good read.....AND picture...

http://www.stlcardinalbaseball.com/i...ange-that-much

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

its no milestone...

500 HR's so what ???

he will never touch barry bonds record

jjgold

Bonds best hitter of all times

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bonds best hitter of all times
    Hey 1st Shift JJ.

Ted Williams called.

He said try and learn something about baseball.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by I/O View Post
    He's juicing

pretty good read.....AND picture...

http://www.stlcardinalbaseball.com/i...ange-that-much
    the picture looks like it was taken by a flip phone

this isnt a case like bonds where goes from skinny as a twig to an absolute monster

pujols was always a big dude...that pic above is his rookie baseball card and his arms are plenty big

sure he's put on weight but 20 lbs is nothing over almost 15 years

not saying he never juiced...probably has...but there are far worse examples of gueys bulking up than him

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    its no milestone...

500 HR's so what ???

he will never touch barry bonds record
    jesus christ youre a fukkin moron

The Giant

Drinker, do you really believe that a guy that came up during the steroid era, wasn't drafted until the 13th round, in a country known for cheating, somehow became the greatest baseball player in this generation and was clean?

I love your innocence, Drinker.

Don't you ever change your sweet ways, young man.

sourtwist
    not a non pro
    sourtwist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Everyone should dig a little deeper and find out what kind of person the guy is. After doing so, I see him in a new light and hope that many other people follow suit to help others the way he has.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Thegiant feel free to point out where I said he's clean

Thegiant your a sharp guey so i feel like I'm being set up here

jjgold

Drinker is naive we all know this
    He did at times juice but to his credit never was caught

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Who gives fukk about juice anyway? People need to worry about other things

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Drinker is naive we all know this
    He did at times juice but to his credit never was caught
    you gueys are absolutely unrale how you put words in my mouth and I'm not going to stand for it anymore

Quote me on this: I don't give a fuk who juices

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11641

I can see a late career resurgence from pujols.

Not sure how good he takes care of himself in the offseason but perhaps he can make some adjustments to his workout routine. Perhaps becoming a full time DH could benefit him.

Also been a good ambassador for the game. He's actually someone you wanna root for unlike A-roids.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I use to admire the guy. I'd bet my left nut he was never clean. Sad to even see LaRussa stick up for the guy...

When Pujols was roiding there wasn't a better hitter in baseball. He even blew Miguel Cabrera away. Blew Bonds away. If you were a pitcher... you were scared to even face him. There's some over the counter stuff available going around right now. Not going to mention company's or names. It's not traceable. He could very well be on this at lower dosages.

sourtwist
    not a non pro

Money, can u pm me what that untraceable stuff is?

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Just happy the Angels are paying him these days. Hope he hits 1000 homers.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Nothing wrong with juicing and Bonds is the best.

I/O

Pujols took the same route Steroid Sosa took. LOL! And also never followed through...

The Pujols Challenge remains open

Submitted by Kurt on July 24, 2009 - 8:03am

Just a reminder --
    Not too long ago Albert Pujols said he's clean and would get tested every day if that's what it took to prove his innocence. Obviously, we support daily tests in his case. After writing a lengthy article in which we accepted his challenge, we contacted several media types who promised to pass the information on to those in St. Louis. So far it's been a week without response, and so yesterday we sent the following EMail to two St. Louis journalists:

to dgoold@post-dispatch.com,
    rlaymance@post-dispatch.com
    date Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 3:22 PM
    subject We want to test Albert Pujols
    Greetings,My name is Kurtis Evans, I write for a Chicago Cubs blog called Goat Riders of the Apocalypse (www.goatriders.org). During the All Star break Albert Pujols, stung by allegations that he's cheated to achieve his ridiculous numbers, said he's willing to be tested "every day."
    At the time, my website accepted his offer (http://www.goatriders.org/<wbr>grota-challenges-pujols). On the off chance that our acceptance never reached your inbox, I would like to make sure it does now. We are serious about this; if Albert Pujols is willing to take daily drug tests to prove his innoncence, in the name of the game's sanctity we would like to help him.
    Please pass the message onto him on our behalf.
    Kurtis Evans
    We're still waiting ...

http://www.goatriders.org/taxonomy/term/173

I/O

Goat Riders to Pujols: We Accept Your Offer

Submitted by Kurt on July 14, 2009 - 8:57am

Dear Albert:
    Recently you were quoted as saying that you are frustrated by the steroid speculation that you have been the brunt of. In your own words:
    just because Manny made a mistake, now I have to pay? Just because A-Rod made a mistake, now I have to pay? Oh, guilt by association? That's wrong. . . .I would never do any of that crap. You think I'm going to ruin my relationship with God just because I want to get better in this game? You think I'm going to ruin everything because of steroids? . . . . Come test me every day if you want, everything I ever made in this game I would give back to the Cardinals if I got caught.
    Mr. Pujols, we can't accept this offer fast enough. And let me say that we appreciate your generosity in making this offer. After all, we at GROTA are firm believers in the importance of the sport's integrity. There are millions of children out there who have grown up only to discover that their hero -- be it Manny, or Sammy, or Raffy, but not A-Rod (because nobody idolized him) -- is a cheat. If you in fact are clean, sir, then you would be just about the only one. That would be amazing! That would be exactly what the sport needs! We want to help you help baseball, Mr. Pujols!
    So here's what we're going to do. We at GROTA are a simple Cubs blog that you have surely never heard of (as people your age are not particularly internet savvy). That means we're poor, working types who cannot easily afford the expensive tests that actually find the designer drugs. So, we will start a charity drive here. This charity drive will serve a two-folds purpose.
    First, we will use that money to buy the really, really good drug tests. Not the urine tests that you can beat, but hair follicle and blood tests. A quick Google search confirms that these tests are expensive -- but they do exist and they work. The problem with Major League Baseball, though, is that they only ask you to pee in a cup -- and I'm not convinced by any measure that you are unaware of when those tests are coming. (Of course, that doesn't mean we think you're cheating, sir, it just means that we think it's possible that shady stuff could be going on. We want to be sure, though, and we're sure you would appreciate our thoroughness.)
    Since HGH is still undetectable in urine tests, blood is the only way to go. David Epstein reports that HGH-seeking blood tests have existed for more than half a decade now, and there are some labs that will do a test for as little as $50 a pop. Hair follicle tests for high levels of testosterone, on the other hand, appear to be pricier. So let's just say -- and we'll confirm the exact figures later -- that we need to raise $250 a day to test you in hair and blood (and that might be on the conservative side. Then again, who knows, perhaps there is a testing company in the Chicago area who would do it for free -- this is something we will look into).
    I'm quite certain that the millions of Cub fans out there would donate more than that to prove your honesty, Mr. Pujols. After all, Cub fans -- like all baseball fans -- want to prove the sport has integrity, and testing you would do that!
    Therefore, on the assumption that we can in fact raise more than the total daily cost of the drug test kits, the second thing we will do is this: whatever we have left over will go to a charity of your choice if you are clean. (And on the unlikely chance that you are not clean and we have an overflow of donations, it'll go to a charity of our choice. Either way the down-trodden win. Perhaps there's a charity out there that benefits families scarred by steroid use -- we'll find them and help them out.)
    And if you are in fact unclean, sir, then rather than force you to "give back" everything you've ever made in the game to the Cardinals, you can instead donate it to a cause supported by this website -- and perhaps you'll also agree to retire in disgrace? (We can discuss the ramifications of a failed test. I'm sure we'll agree on something fair.)
    Here's the thing, Mr. Pujols. We won't just be testing you for a week or two. We'll test you every single day of the regular and off-season. We won't quit testing you in October -- we'll keep testing you for as long as you play and it comes up clean. (But we will pay out to the charities in October if you have passed all 180+ tests each season.) And although it's impossible to beat a blood test, we won't test you at a set time every day -- we will test you randomly, perhaps immediately before (or after) you have gotten on the team plane, or before (or after) you have entered your hotel, or before (or after) a game. The point is you will never know when it's coming.
    We would never have thought to issue this challenge had you not welcomed it with your statement. But since you insist that you are clean, and as you welcome being tested "every day" -- your own words -- then it only makes sense that you stand behind what you have said.
    Also, we'd love to see a copy of your original birth certificate, but we can discuss that one later on.
    So please, Mr. Pujols, I am sure that you are as anxious to clear your name as we are. Contact us at media (at) goatriders (dot) org. We'll set something up and get the ball rolling as soon as possible.
    Y'know. For the kiddies. And to prove your innocence. Really.

jjgold

easy to mask it and Albert did

he is off the juice now and see what happened to him

he broke down

I/O

Quote Originally Posted by sourtwist View Post
    Who gives fukk about juice anyway? People need to worry about other things
    The owners, players, and futures of all sports. You want freak shows? Go support pro wrestling or women's golf. I'm not spending hundreds a game or the time and emotion for a staged athletic activity.

I started backing off my attendance (and $upport) of pro sports 20 years ago. Between the billionaires and millionaires striking, athletes cheating, all the ghetto fuks demanding "respect", and athletes dying (see Lyle Alzado, at 43, and John Matusak, at 38), they lost me and MILLIONS of others for good. Maybe not totally, but I'm not investing the interest, or more importantly, my money, in this movie. Neither do kids of people like me. Go ahead and google baseball freaking out about the future attendance of the sport. They are now going to use lame rule changes and institute changes to the actual game of baseball to get the kids.

12 Last