Betpoints: 68

Buffalo Sabres +340 underdogs today

Is half the team injured?

Otherwise seems like value betting Buff

A couple lucky skate redirections and they could pull it out

BigOrGoHome
    BigOrGoHome's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Do you NOT watch hockey? They suck. Plain and simple. And they just had to wake up at 5:45 and go to hotel basement due to tornado in St. Louis.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrGoHome View Post
    Do you NOT watch hockey? They suck. Plain and simple. And they just had to wake up at 5:45 and go to hotel basement due to tornado in St. Louis.
    Really? What is their ROI on ML over about +275 this season?

Also, the sleep thing is no big deal. These pro athletes are like Navy Seals and might even play better off of pure adrenalin

WagerType: Date: Team: Risking / To Win Ticket#:
    STRAIGHT BET Apr 03 NHL [11] BUFFALO SABRES +380 1000.00 USD / 3800.00 USD xxxxxxx

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

This is hockey ...no team should ever be +340

Games are basically 50/50

Panthers was +305 a couple a weeks ago and won!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: k13

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    This is hockey ...no team should ever be +340

Games are basically 50/50

Panthers was +305 a couple a weeks ago and won!

Eman69
    Eman69's Avatar Become A Pro!

Plus Miller is out and Hackett is playing good odds for sure! Gl

BigOrGoHome

Quote Originally Posted by Eman69 View Post
    Plus Miller is out and Hackett is playing good odds for sure! Gl
    Hackett blows and is NOT playing

BigOrGoHome

I'm a Sabres fan and they suck

TheCentaur

I'm a Sabres fan and they suck
    Yeah but almost 4 to 1?

There aren't many other sports as dependent on lucky bounces as hockey

bernardoGui
    Update your status
    bernardoGui's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Hello to everyone from Denmark! I hope it's alright, that I tap into Your threads :-)

I share a big interest in hockey, which is a fast growing sport in DK, and I have been following the NHL for a long time. I have also been following SBRforum and Your threads for a while, and now I'm in!

Thanks for sharing and good luck tonight :-)

BigOrGoHome

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    Yeah but almost 4 to 1?

There aren't many other sports as dependent on lucky bounces as hockey
    Lucky bounces? I get what you are trying to say but damn. The blues will outshoot the Sabres something like 42 to 20 and have majority of puck possession for the game. Nobody besides Ennis can score for the Sabres. I see the blues atleast score 3 or 4 tonight especially after hitting 2 posts last game and coming so close on others. I mean, it's the way the puck bounces right?

bernardoGui
    Update your status

Just a thought..

Ryan Miller started this season in Buffalo and couldn't save them from The Blues back in november (Sabres:1 Blues:4); not even with Halak(!) as a starter for The Blues! I don't think Lieuwen - or any tornados will change the dime from falling tonight! Even in the absence of Steen, Miller and Jackman..

I'm also leaning towards the over 5.5 (+220 at my local danish bookie)

BigOrGoHome

Quote Originally Posted by bernardoGui View Post
    Just a thought..

Ryan Miller started this season in Buffalo and couldn't save them from The Blues back in november (Sabres:1 Blues:4); not even with Halak(!) as a starter for The Blues! I don't think Lieuwen - or any tornados will change the dime from falling tonight! Even in the absence of Steen, Miller and Jackman..

I'm also leaning towards the over 5.5 (+220 at my local danish bookie)
    Well said. I'm feeling a beating, 6-2 blues. Sabres average 1.67 goals a game. Have a hard time believing they'll score tonight

BigOrGoHome

I don't know if people are trying to be wise guys but betting hard earned money on the Sabres is laughable. And a grand is just dumb. There is ZERO value in this team. 6 games left they can't wait to golf and start the rebuild

bernardoGui
    Update your status

I don't know if people are trying to be wise guys but betting hard earned money on the Sabres is laughable. And a grand is just dumb. There is ZERO value in this team. 6 games left they can't wait to golf and start the rebuild
    Me neither.. I understand the 'what ifs' and the experiment in laying a (very) small amount, 'just in case'. 1000 k is not an experiment - it's desperation of some sort!

BigOrGoHome

I'm in Vegas and laying more than that on blues and Murray state parlay. Hope they come thru!

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

I would bet 1000 at +380 as well. Where did you get those odds? Haven't been able to do better than +335

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Really cant see how Buffalo win!

thunderous
    Update your status
    thunderous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7111

Sabres in Regulation +500
    Sabres +310
    and +1.5 +110

Gonna take a chance here and play all three...if it loses then too bad but gotta do it.

JZ
    JZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Where could you parlay those 3? Since they are all bettin on the same outcome i wouldn't think you'd be able to parlay them.

bernardoGui
    Update your status

Given that You can't make any kind of advertising in these forums (which is NOT my intention by this post), I will only state that the danish bookies offer Buffalo ML at +590. A little higher than the ones, mentioned in this thread.. Strictly informational, for all the maso-capitalistic self-handicappers out there ;-)

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by JZ View Post
    Where could you parlay those 3? Since they are all bettin on the same outcome i wouldn't think you'd be able to parlay them.
    he didn't say he's parlaying them. He said he's playing all 3.

Given that You can't make any kind of advertising in these forums (which is NOT my intention by this post), I will only state that the danish bookies offer Buffalo ML at +590. A little higher than the ones, mentioned in this thread.. Strictly informational, for all the maso-capitalistic self-handicappers out there ;-)
    the prices mentioned here are full time (two way)

the +590 is regulation only. I'm sure a draw line is offered as well

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

blues are one of the best, if not the best, home team in all of hockey. Ryan Miller in net against his old team will give him some added motivation. Put the blues in a parlay with another moneyline or just leave this one alone. Those odds may look tasty but they are that high for many reasons.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    I would bet 1000 at +380 as well. Where did you get those odds? Haven't been able to do better than +335
    Local's site

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    Ryan Miller in net against his old team will give him some added motivation.
    This is professional sports, not a MAC football game, and it's a hockey goaltender. What is he going to do, try harder to stop the puck?

You could just as easily say he will be more tense so his reaction will be slowed.

yisman

blues are one of the best, if not the best, home team in all of hockey. Ryan Miller in net against his old team will give him some added motivation. Put the blues in a parlay with another moneyline or just leave this one alone. Those odds may look tasty but they are that high for many reasons.

about as high as they'll ever go

worst team in hockey at the best team in hockey (St. Louis or Boston tops right now).

But the value is always on the underdog when you're getting better than 3/1. You only get better than 3/1 with horrible teams, so you just hold your nose and pick.

ARoot55
    ARoot55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

I agree with the premise that the value (if any) is with Buffalo. The problem is not too many people are willing to make value plays when they're grinding week to week. I know I'm not, I couldn't stomach putting any money on Buffalo in St. Louis. For those saying put St. Louis in a ML parlay, I disagree. As I stated in my opinion the value, if there's any here, is with Buffalo. I'm not big on parlays regardless, but -390 doesn't buy you much. Rather throw a team like Tampa in a parlay at -220, than be playing any NHL team at -390.

TheCentaur

The next time i post in this thread the Sabres will probably be up 1-0

Am I jinxing myself? At this point I don't care anymore

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

placing your money on the Sabres on the road is not smart, no matter what the price. I'm a fan of them. STL gives up what, 17-24 shots a game and are one of the better puck possession teams. The Sabres are one of the worst. So, if you think the Sabres can win 2-1 or 1-0 with a rookie goalie in net while scoring on 12-19 shots, good luck.

bernardoGui
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    the prices mentioned here are full time (two way)

the +590 is regulation only. I'm sure a draw line is offered as well

..sorry! Sabres in regulation: +590; Sabres +0.5: +265 ex. OT; and Sabres +1.5 ex. OT: +182. Still doesn't have anything to do with loosing whichever amount deposited on a Sabres-bet tonight. Although, I am beginning to feel a little concerned with all the Blues-Twitter-twit-twat about girlfriends and homoerotic dinners and what not LOL!

yisman

..sorry! Sabres in regulation: +590; Sabres +0.5: +265 ex. OT; and Sabres +1.5 ex. OT: +182. Still doesn't have anything to do with loosing whichever amount deposited on a Sabres-bet tonight. Although, I am beginning to feel a little concerned with all the Blues-Twitter-twit-twat about girlfriends and homoerotic dinners and what not LOL!
    I like the +.5. Sabres win or draw.

But yeah, they'd never offer +590 on a two way NHL winner.

The American books almost all do two way lines (so OT/shootout included), while European books usually do 3 way on hockey.

bernardoGui
    Update your status

..and Sabres +1, INCL OT: +385 - if that tastes any better!?

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

You're all betting because the odds are so good? Lol the odds are like that for a reason. STL rolls and you all look like dumbasses. Pass on it

bernardoGui
    Update your status

Anyways.. I accept that We do not know the outcome of the game, but I thought We knew that Brian Elliott is starting with the Blues tonight!?

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by NavsPicks View Post
    You're all betting because the odds are so good? Lol the odds are like that for a reason.
    If you were playing craps and they offered 5.25 to 1 on any seven would you bet it? If not, or if you have to ask whether the dice are hot, you should quit gambling now

Oops I'm not supposed to post until the Sabres are up or the game is over

12 Last