homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11102

Great job by refs at end of Wisky-Zona game. in a pressure cooker no less

Nick Johnson pushed off on that offensive foul call, no question about it. it was an egregious push off as it create the space to shoot the ball the. defender was not fouling and has a right to play the offensive player.

then with 2.3 seconds left, if you looked at it extremely close on HD TV replay with a 55 inch tv or larger (like i did), you could see the Wisky player's left hand touched it last and it changed the rotation of the ball.

GREAT GREAT job by the refs at the end of the game.

Zona losing killed my brackets because i had them in the final losing to Florida.

fukk me.

AWESOME job by Wisky, they deserved to win

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN man you got you a 55" TV

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIII IIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Points Awarded:

GiveMeaBJ gave greenhippo 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975

i don't wanna hear opinions on the final play (ball tipped out with 2.3 seconds) from any fellow posters who are watching on an old tube TV because they would not have been able to see it LOL

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

I made live bets on wisky +147 and over 123.5 -103 live

everything went my way... shit never happens for regular season games college or pro

don't want the tournament to end

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I was watching the game on my 5" smartphone screen and I saw the Whisky player touch the ball clearly.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I was watching the game on my 5" smartphone screen and I saw the Whisky player touch the ball clearly.
    it wasn't that clear pavy which is why the replay took 5 full minutes and two different times to look at it by the refs. in slow motion it became clear, no doubt

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

wasn't a foul anyway it was ticky tack at best, no way you can call that in that spot, fuckin shit refs

Albert Pujols
    Albert Pujols's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

I still can't believe they gave the ball to Arizona. Stopping a game for 5 minutes is ridiculous. You take a look from two angles and if it's not conclusive, you move on. There is way more to the plays that they review anyway. Many times, if a guy goes over the back and knocks it off another player, they don't call the foul and just award the ball instead of calling the foul. Then when the kid bitches that it was off the other guy, the ref says "you want the foul instead?" and the kid runs downcourt and play resumes. These replays don't take that stuff into account.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

I was watching in Cowboys Stadium on the biggest TV in the world and me and Jerry Jones could clearly see that Romo is a choke artist.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheProdigy8199

DALLASROB
    DALLASROB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRobby View Post
    I was watching in Cowboys Stadium on the biggest TV in the world and me and Jerry Jones could clearly see that Romo is a choke artist.
    Highest 4th Quarter qb rating in NFL history (look it up). The cowboys and jerry Jones suck though.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    wasn't a foul anyway it was ticky tack at best, no way you can call that in that spot, fuckin shit refs
    I missed the game and only saw one replay but it did just look like something Napier does every time down the floor with no call.

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Damn! What phone do you got son?!?

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Tower View Post
    Damn! What phone do you got son?!?
    Mines like 6"....5" is small these days.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    I missed the game and only saw one replay but it did just look like something Napier does every time down the floor with no call.
    to me its not that the call cant be made every player does that. Napier one of the worst about it. My issue with the ref is that at that point of the game the ref is inserting himself way to much into the outcome of the game. That's not how it should be IMO

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I thought refs did a good job

These games so hard to call as so many subjective calls

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

Refs were inconsistent all game long-both ways! I hate how they always call ticky tack fouls in big games just like the ending of the Michigan/Tenn game.

Basketball is suppose to be a physical sport. It looks like flag basketball out there

Let them play and stay out of the rhythm of the game!

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

I agree the refs should not have made that offensive foul call . But they should have called a foul when wisconsin inbounded the ball. For one thing the defender guarding the in bound pass was over the out of bounds line and Jackson definitely got fouled on the play.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Mine is 4.5". She complains, but I don't.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: djpross

homie1975

the offensive foul call on Nick Johnson was akin to offensive pass interference on a WR. you can push off a bit, but when it's egregious, it must be called.

Nick Johnson's push off was 5X worse than anything the defender did, and it cleared about 5 feet of space.

it was an offensive foul. it was the right call.

again, i needed Arizona to win for my brackets, and i was ahead in at least 3 pools to make some money.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11654

Quote Originally Posted by Soxsfan9 View Post
    Refs were inconsistent all game long-both ways!
    That's the unnerving part - so inconsistent. Well before it gets to crunch time both teams should have a solid feel for whether refs are calling a game tight or letting them play. I think the refs were inconsistent from tip-off to the last second of OT. It takes away from the overall quality of the game, not to mention having to look at Bo Ryan's anguished face 500 times.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Guys we have seen Satellite photos of dead jelly fish in the wreckage area that were more clear than the out of bounds play. just sayin'

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    You boys still talking about your phones?

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

You don't call the offensive foul in that spot. Was there any doubt that Arizona was getting the ball back? Even though it appeared that the Badger player touched the ball last, that was a clear make up call.

homie1975

guys, Nick Johnson - who is undersized at 6'3" - clearly created about 5 feet of space by pushing the defender with his left forearm.

it was also clear to the 20-20 naked eyes that the Wisky defender's hand tipped the ball in the bang-bang play in the corner. the ball changed rotation. steve kerr saw it, the officials saw it. most importantly, my 20-20 eyesight saw it.

what game were some of you watching?

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    guys, Nick Johnson - who is undersized at 6'3" - clearly created about 5 feet of space by pushing the defender with his left forearm.

it was also clear to the 20-20 naked eyes that the Wisky defender's hand tipped the ball in the bang-bang play in the corner. the ball changed rotation. steve kerr saw it, the officials saw it. most importantly, my 20-20 eyesight saw it.

Being that the Wisky defender leaned into him prior to Johnson's clear out, should have been a play on. That being said it was a fantastic game and it was not decided by the zebras.

Harold Baines
    Harold Baines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1249

There was also a clear foul on Wisconsin on the rebound a few seconds before the offensive foul that was right in front of the ref and was not called. I'm not arguing the decision to swallow the whistle there, but you do the same on the drive to the basket.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post

Clearly......GTFO here HOMER