mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

This college tournament is terribly officiated Worse than the NBA

I am watching these games and these refs are calling the softest fouls, flagrant fouls, etc.
    Some games are free throw contests.

Let them play!

LET THEM PLAY!!!!

mikeya2k
    penetrate

And I am not saying this with a bias for all you " Your losing a bet" assholes.
    I just want to watch good basketball and the refs are blowing the whistle the most I've seen in college bball all year.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

In my experiences, there is a direct correlation between the quality of officiating and whether or not your bet is winning. Called bet bias.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    In my experiences, there is a direct correlation between the quality of officiating and whether or not your bet is winning. Called bet bias.
    Like I just said buddy, half of the games I am watching I do not have bets on. Just purely observational that the officials are calling a lot of fouls

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Another thread I have to mention that the NCAA had a conference with officials prior to the tourney about the emphasis on hand checking and freedom of motion for the offense. It will happen every game, touch fouls will be called. Just gotta expect it and deal with it, it sucks but if defenders stopped using their hands so much on D, all would be well. Does suck when they get all ball and the officials are just anticipating the contact. They're under the biggest microscope of the year, they do what they're told.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I was simply stating my experiences buddy. Sorry you got defensive and thought I was referring to you. I was only referring to how I tend to view officiating, hence the pretext "In my experience"

IWANTMONEY
    IWANTMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

I have come to the conclusion referee decisions decide most team sports

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by IWANTMONEY View Post
    I have come to the conclusion referee decisions decide most team sports
    Usually football and hockey but basketball the officials can dicatate the game, and the pace of the game which can really throw teams off.

IWANTMONEY
    IWANTMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 586

which is what I said - the referee decisions decide the game.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I dont understand the flagrents. Whenever the announcers think one should be called, its not. Whenever they think its a normal basketball move, it is called. Im confused myself.

RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

NBA officials >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> NCAA officials

RMStanley
    RMStanley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    And I am not saying this with a bias for all you " Your losing a bet" assholes.
    I just want to watch good basketball and the refs are blowing the whistle the most I've seen in college bball all year.
    Just a FYI - you would have stabbed your eyes out watching SEC basketball this season. By far the most whistle-happy refs. They make these NCAA tourny refs look judicious by comparison. It was literally every. single. trip. down. the. mother. fricking. court. during many SEC games. Ticky tack shit.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Officials getting face time. It's been worse this year than in recent memory. OSU/Gonzaga was ugly and most of that was horrible officiating.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

There also should be a rule at end of the game with fouling it's destroying it

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Another thread I have to mention that the NCAA had a conference with officials prior to the tourney about the emphasis on hand checking and freedom of motion for the offense. It will happen every game, touch fouls will be called. Just gotta expect it and deal with it, it sucks but if defenders stopped using their hands so much on D, all would be well. Does suck when they get all ball and the officials are just anticipating the contact. They're under the biggest microscope of the year, they do what they're told.
    excecpt for the florida-pitt game, one of the most physical games of the tournament. 9 free throws total...........inconsistent and in-stride with what vegas wants

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

oh ya for sure! they all fn blow, all should be fired or beat the crap out of for their shitty work

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

Anyone just see the no call in the dayton cuse game? Wow

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    I am watching these games and these refs are calling the softest fouls, flagrant fouls, etc.
    Some games are free throw contests.

Let them play!

LET THEM PLAY!!!!
    i cant even bear to watch it. The talent level is so bad and the players make all kinds of mistakes and then u have officials calling phantom fouls all game long. I seen a few games where a teams best player gets his third foul in the first half and has to sit the rest of the half and a big portion of the second. The third foul was a complete joke but it changes the whole game with that kid out. Plust the kid comes back and is afraid to breath on anyone.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    excecpt for the florida-pitt game, one of the most physical games of the tournament. 9 free throws total...........inconsistent and in-stride with what vegas wants
    It is really not that strange that most bad calls all favor the bookies.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    Anyone just see the no call in the dayton cuse game? Wow
    yeah then a terrible soft call at the other end!

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

Quote Originally Posted by jhack704 View Post
    oh ya for sure! they all fn blow, all should be fired or beat the crap out of for their shitty work

dont say they blow but they are for sure not consistent. one game everything is a foul, one game nothing is a foul. some games somewhere in the middle. its stupid

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

The officiating is so inconsistent. Teams like Louisville and VCU would foul on every possession in some of these referees minds.