konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

There shouldn't be play in games for Madness

I didn't watch the play in games, didn't care and picked my brackets before they were finished. Part of the beauty of the tourny is who gets in who gets snubbed. How much of an impact will play in teams have over the next 5 years....I'll guess zero.
    Is this going to be a growing trend will there be 16 play in teams in the future?
    Why is it when you have something that's so good people want to dilute it?
    Go back to 64 team it was perfect the way it was.

This looks like it's going to be a great tourny I think there are 12 teams that can actually win this thing. Madness then MLB opens what a great time of year
    Brock where are you

Does anyone like the play in games?

I like St Lou -3.5 tonight
    Last edited by konck; 03-20-14 at 09:54 AM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I would take st Louis on the money line

It will be a tight game IMO

Good luck guy

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

It's greed. When the Mountain West/WAC split in 2000, there were 30 automatic bids and 34 at-large bids. Instead of reducing an at-large bid to make it 31 auto bids and 33 at-large bids to accomidate the automatic bid for the new Mountain West Conference, the major conferences said NO WAY!! and instead kept the number of at-large bids at 34 and added the play in game. Then in 2010, wanting even more of the multi billion dollar pie, the major conferences added 3 more at-large bids which meant 3 more play-in games. It's all based on money and greed. Either reduce the field to 64 or force the final 8 at-large teams to play in those play-in games, not teams that won their auto bid.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: konck

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Nice write up frog
    Greed probably is the answer

mnpickle
    mnpickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3194

I don't care about play-in games... Just don't call them the first-round... Annoys me..

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Since VCU made the Final Four out of the play-ins, they'll never go away and will probably wind up yielding a larger tournament in the future. If no team ever had a great run out of th eplay-ins, there would be a good argument that it is a large disadvantage for the teams that win, but with that one success - the point is moot.

GT21Megatron
    GT21Megatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6199

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Since VCU made the Final Four out of the play-ins, they'll never go away and will probably wind up yielding a larger tournament in the future. If no team ever had a great run out of th eplay-ins, there would be a good argument that it is a large disadvantage for the teams that win, but with that one success - the point is moot.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

NFL will diltue its playoff format as well. At the end of the day it's all about making more money of TV licensing and ticket sales.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by konck View Post
    I didn't watch the play in games, didn't care and picked my brackets before they were finished. Part of the beauty of the tourny is who gets in who gets snubbed. How much of an impact will play in teams have over the next 5 years....I'll guess zero.
    Is this going to be a growing trend will there be 16 play in teams in the future?
    Why is it when you have something that's so good people want to dilute it?
    Go back to 64 team it was perfect the way it was.

This looks like it's going to be a great tourny I think there are 12 teams that can actually win this thing. Madness then MLB opens what a great time of year
    Brock where are you

Does anyone like the play in games?

I like St Lou -3.5 tonight
    VCU made the final four as a play in, how much of an impact do you think that is?

konck
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo View Post
    VCU made the final four as a play in, how much of an impact do you think that is?
    Thats when we had 2 play ins it is growing how much of a joke do you think it will be in the end 16? 24? how many pieces of the pie will have to be split. The tourny at 64 was perfect who gives a fuk what some nerd says

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

The play-in games are the dumbest thing I've ever seen in big time sports. You will get a worthy champion out of the 64, you don't need to throw a few more in for good measure. Stupid phux. Can only be greed and greed only I don't care how they spin it. That is why "WE" need to disregard these games and maybe they go away.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: konck