easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

I am done posting until the World Cup if this play loses

Olympiakos to qualify @-250 against Manchester United

Let me start off by saying I am 1/2 Greek and follow the Greek league on a regular basis. Also follow the Premier League and United are simply not the same team they were in the past years and this number is overinflated simply due to name recognition and nothing more. Oly should be around -400 here if not less. First game ended with United getting dominated and Oly won 2-0. Greek teams in general are known for their ability and success to close down and play counterattack football. With this in mind I think United will have alot of trouble to score and if they don't score within the first 20 minutes or so they will be under great pressure as the game goes on. United's defense has looked awful this season as well and just over the weekend they gave up 3 penalties at home. With that being said I think Olympiakos will score a goal and once they score United need to score at least 4 goals to go through and thats simply not happening. Also it looks like the players are turning on Moyes and its only a matter of time until he is fired. The motivation for United is not the same for United players as it has been in the past years. This line is clearly off and I'm not gonna pass up on the great value and I'm on this play for multiple units as well. United are simply drawing dead here and its a longshot for them to qualify.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Sounds good to me. I didn't look at lines but if I can get that I will be on large.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

-250 way to go out on a limb

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    -250 way to go out on a limb
    Is he trying to go out on a limb or win a bet? He is right at -250 there is plenty of value. If the opponent wasn't an overrated Man U it would be closer to -500. Make this bet 100 times you really think we aren't profiting?

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

olympiacos -250
    Mich St makes sweet 16 -250

parlay pays -105

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

You're right it's a great bet but for the wrong reasons. Fading Rooney within 1 week after St. Patrick's Day is ++ev

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

these two teams are complete opposites, olympiakos is performing very well and has already clinched the local title, while man u is out of the title race for the first time in years, they are performing badly and it looks like they will not even secure a place for next years champions league, i wonder when was the last time that happened

even so, the two teams are worlds apart, the difference in quality is big and if the moyes boys can manage to get over this psychological block, they can easily qualify. 2-0 is not a big score, all they need is to score one goal and it will become a cat and mouse game. not worth it at those odds

my opinion is, if you want to bet on olympiakos, wait. if man u score a goal early enough, you will probably be able to get the same bet at +odds.

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

This reminds me of when you bet on Ukraine to qualify vs France at almost completely identical line..

All in and lost? Was that you?

It's funny coz it's same situation as that of France vs Ukraine.

Ukraine 2-0 France

France 3-0 Ukraine

Olympiakos 2-0 Manchester United

Manchester United 3-0 ?? Olympiakos.

edabramov

Just put half my bankroll on Ukraine to Qualify at -225

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    This line is way off. Ukraine should be between -450 to -500. France is getting a ton of respect by books here simply due to name recognition and nothing more. They have been average throughout qualifications. Was on Ukraine in the first game as well and they didn't disappoint and won 2-0. If Ukraine scores 1 goal France would need to score 4 to qualify. As long as France doesn't score within the first 15-20 minutes they will be under a ton of pressure and Ukraine will likely score 1 on the counterattack and finish them off.

Let me start off by saying I am 1/2 Greek and follow the Greek league on a regular basis. Also follow the Premier League and United are simply not the same team they were in the past years and this number is overinflated simply due to name recognition and nothing more. Oly should be around -400 here if not less. First game ended with United getting dominated and Oly won 2-0. Greek teams in general are known for their ability and success to close down and play counterattack football. With this in mind I think United will have alot of trouble to score and if they don't score within the first 20 minutes or so they will be under great pressure as the game goes on. United's defense has looked awful this season as well and just over the weekend they gave up 3 penalties at home. With that being said I think Olympiakos will score a goal and once they score United need to score at least 4 goals to go through and thats simply not happening. Also it looks like the players are turning on Moyes and its only a matter of time until he is fired. The motivation for United is not the same for United players as it has been in the past years. This line is clearly off and I'm not gonna pass up on the great value and I'm on this play for multiple units as well. United are simply drawing dead here and its a longshot for them to qualify.

SEEING ANY SIMILARITIES?
    Last edited by edabramov; 03-19-14 at 02:23 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Merkel, EasyPicks, Russian Rocket, GiveMeaBJ, and Seto

BigNik
    BigNik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9855

I too myself am greek but not willing to lay that much juice. Will be playing Olympiakos DNB. Greeks known for being able to park a bus and defend. Can see a goal or two being scored on a quick counter attack. United are a beat and broken team. Worth a play at $5.20

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

seems logical but man u desperately needs this game to salvage their season and quiet the uproar of the fans. They certainly have the talent to win this game and net a few goals. Guys like rooney, van persie, chicarito, etc can score in bunches at home. If man u scores in first 30 minutes i really like their chances of advancing

MustWinPlease
    MustWinPlease's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im worried, yes MAN UTD are terrible now but Old trafford + champions league = man utd domination for the last decade. I mean AC milan are in a similar situation and played very well against atletico in the first leg although they lost 1-0. Does anyone remember when Man UTD lost i think the first leg to roma 2-1 then smashed them at home 7-1?
    But op is right Olympiakos will play this game like its the biggest game in their history and i think if they can hold off Man utd early and settle in to the game they should qualify and get the job done

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Quote Originally Posted by BigNik View Post
    I too myself am greek but not willing to lay that much juice. Will be playing Olympiakos DNB. Greeks known for being able to park a bus and defend. Can see a goal or two being scored on a quick counter attack. United are a beat and broken team. Worth a play at $5.20
    Same. I went with Olympiakos outright though @ 6/1

Also just need them to score one goal to finish off another parlay

whareouttogetme

Quote Originally Posted by MustWinPlease View Post
    Im worried, yes MAN UTD are terrible now but Old trafford + champions league = man utd domination for the last decade. I mean AC milan are in a similar situation and played very well against atletico in the first leg although they lost 1-0. Does anyone remember when Man UTD lost i think the first leg to roma 2-1 then smashed them at home 7-1?
    But op is right Olympiakos will play this game like its the biggest game in their history and i think if they can hold off Man utd early and settle in to the game they should qualify and get the job done
    That's a different Man United. That's a Man United with Fergie. That's a Man United without Tom Cleverley.

Rooneny ends up playing as a deep lying midfielder. Moyes leaves Chicharito and Kagawa on the bench FFS and starts Cleverley..

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

what if man united win 5-1...i hate to say it but last year even if they lost 2-0 away that would be the reality..although they have the same players...I cant see man united conceding 3 penalties again lol 4-1 UNITED

whareouttogetme

Quote Originally Posted by cryptocap View Post
    what if man united win 5-1...i hate to say it but last year even if they lost 2-0 away that would be the reality..although they have the same players...I cant see man united conceding 3 penalties again lol 4-1 UNITED
    Yeah this United squad can score 4 goals... lmao

Even with 3 penalties to them they wouldn't score 4 goals

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

dont like the play at all, Easyliving this could be it for you here. I like you man and wish you the best of luck.

cryptocap
    cryptocap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

i wanna see it happen...call some of the higher ups and make it happen shooter

MustWinPlease
    MustWinPlease's Avatar Become A Pro!

Put something small on olympiakos +2

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Man United are +200 to qualify, but +4000 to win the tournament whereas Olympiakos are +15000 to win the tournament

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

shit man u squad but van persie or rooney could have one of those days

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

United have only managed to beat one opponent by more than 2 goals at home this season.

Moyes ripped the heart out of United. United are heading out, but -250 or bust is not a play for me.

SarahPalin
    SarahPalin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

terrible bet olympiacous have been shit away from home recently and now their going far away from home. but gl see you by world cup

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by edabramov View Post

SEEING ANY SIMILARITIES?

thats some memory! wow.

Christopher1991
    Christopher1991's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3937

United qualify,this is their season tonight.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

Quote Originally Posted by MiDNiTe View Post
    shit man u squad but van persie or rooney could have one of those days
    this is why I disagree with OP re: any "value" as to Olympiakos -250
    one early-ish goal for MU, the crowd gets going, etc, could be a tough night for the visitors

Liverpool had a lousy prem league season when they won the champs league not too long ago...
    not saying that will happen, but just pointing out that league form isn't all too important

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

everyone on a down and out man u team lol

all olympiacos really needs to do is score 1 goal. how many games have them been shut out

41 games played this year, 3 games where they scored 0 goals

averaging 1.74 goals in champions league, havent been shut out in 7 of 7 matches

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

SEEING ANY SIMILARITIES?
    post of the week

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Why not just take over 2.5 to the bank

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

SEEING ANY SIMILARITIES?
    This post was pretty awesome. LMAO.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

SEEING ANY SIMILARITIES?

Regardless of anything else that's fukking hilarious.

I don't understand why posters need to make these types of threads but whatever. I hope he wins, still a contributor to the site. Plus which I'd love to see Man United go out.

tipsadontlikehim
    tipsadontlikehim's Avatar Become A Pro!

This reminds me of when you bet on Ukraine to qualify vs France at almost completely identical line..

All in and lost? Was that you?

It's funny coz it's same situation as that of France vs Ukraine.

Ukraine 2-0 France

France 3-0 Ukraine

Olympiakos 2-0 Manchester United

Manchester United 3-0 ?? Olympiakos.
    Reminds me exactly the same
    I was on Ukraine to qualify, put big and lost big

edabramov

I feel bad for MOYES as a human being. He's being obliterated by the media ( rightly so ) , but dam, so much sht he has to take. He needs to play Mata in the right position, needs to stop being stubborn and start Januzaj, Mata, and KAGAWA.

This game it's Moyes's last chance to restore any integrity in the club.

Maybe Sir Alex pulls some strings gets the refs to favor em a bit red card?

No one is looking at props, 5D is finally offering corner props I'm thinking Man U will be on offensive whole game Olympiakos will constantly be kicking the ball out of bounds/ to corners.

Over 12.5 corners?

TonyTall
    sober 8/18

I feel bad for MOYES as a human being. He's being obliterated by the media ( rightly so ) , but dam, so much sht he has to take. He needs to play Mata in the right position, needs to stop being stubborn and start Januzaj, Mata, and KAGAWA.

This game it's Moyes's last chance to restore any integrity in the club.

Maybe Sir Alex pulls some strings gets the refs to favor em a bit red card?

No one is looking at props, 5D is finally offering corner props I'm thinking Man U will be on offensive whole game Olympiakos will constantly be kicking the ball out of bounds/ to corners.

Over 12.5 corners?

im looking at props

im looking at giving easyliving props when he wins me 200 bucks

edabramov

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    im looking at props

im looking at giving easyliving props when he wins me 200 bucks
    IF*

123 Last