keitht
    keitht's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 260

iowa will crush tenn.. watch and see fellas!!!!!!!!!! IOWA WILL SHOOT THE LIGHTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE THEY HAVE A BACKUP GENERATOR...... HAAAAAAA

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Iowa shouldn't even be IN the tourney. That said, this line movement is extreme and very fishy. I would layoff this one.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

Line movement don't mean jack shit...there have been hundreds of threads on here recently about line movement, RLM, etc. and how there is no correlation and winning % to back it up either way...sometimes, it hits and sometimes it doesn't...Simple as that...there have been multiple NCAA men's hoops games in the last several weeks or so where there was significant line movement and the team that the movement supported still wound up losing...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Opened -2, now a pk

Shows what books think of your Tennessee money.
    Iowa is RAS play

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Iowa is RAS play
    This really just goes to show that most of the gueys who follow line moves and RLM really have no idea what they're following

Second time it's come up today

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Tennessee is playing really good ball. Don't understand this one at all. Iowa is 0-7 in their last 7 ATS and 1-6 in their last 7 :/

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    This really just goes to show that most of the gueys who follow line moves and RLM really have no idea what they're following

Second time it's come up today
    So true

"books begging for action on one side, etc"

jonal
    jonal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2195

I'll pass on this game

BeatTheJerk
    BeatTheJerk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

Quote Originally Posted by keitht View Post
    iowa will crush tenn.. watch and see fellas!!!!!!!!!! IOWA WILL SHOOT THE LIGHTS OUT!!!!!!!!!!! HOPE THEY HAVE A BACKUP GENERATOR...... HAAAAAAA
    800 Kw enough for your Hawkeyes ?

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I lean Tennessee, but this game is unbettable. As you said, SEC is garbage, plus Tennessee struggles scoring the basketball. And who knows which Iowa team will show up.
    Right. Game is one big question mark so avoid. If forced tho I'd go with Vols.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Iowa might curb stomp Tennessee...
    Edward Golden speaks, Bigday listens :light:
    Points Awarded:

InTheDrink gave sweep 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    :light:
    Lol

nickos86
    nickos86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    This really just goes to show that most of the gueys who follow line moves and RLM really have no idea what they're following. Second time it's come up today
    So true "books begging for action on one side, etc"
    But are the books not basically "begging for action on one side" to balance out the flood of RAS money, or at least protect themselves from it, by the price movements they have made. *** Ie. Isn't "begging for action on one side" by setting favourable prices to help balance their books the whole point of the business... ***

Maybe the point you are trying to make is that the books do not always know who is going to win, and are not (necessarily) trying to "trick you" by offering a certain price/line for one team that is against what you believe to be the correct line, or by moving it one way or the other.

PS> If you say you follow line movements and are not aware of RAS plays you should just close all your betting accounts now... it will save you a lot of money.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

So true

"books begging for action on one side, etc"
    I cringe everytime I see "books begging for action....."
    Like RLM threw the hanging slider that the hitter hit over the fence for the walk off....

nickos86
    nickos86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The problem is not the phrase, but some people's interpretation of it - books clearly do "beg" for action on a side that has received disproportionately few wagers... that is their job...(!)

It doesn't mean they know the outcome at all, or are necessarily trying to mislead you.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    Iowa might curb stomp Tennessee...
    And there you have it...

TheBigV3
    TheBigV3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

this got AVOID written all over it

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

easy iowa win

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

tennessee +120
    i will try it, they are pretty good

ReconSnarff
    ReconSnarff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2259

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    And there you have it...
    Your name is like jjgold except it is iifold...sneaky bastard.

ReconSnarff

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    And there you have it...
    I agree with this. Iowa will be playing with a lot of emotion due to Fran's son being hospitalized. That means they should play defense. And if they play defense, they will blow Tennessee out the water. Tennessee just doesn't have the scoring to keep up.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Just added more to Tenn ML. Still don't care about the line movement.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by ReconSnarff View Post
    I agree with this. Iowa will be playing with a lot of emotion due to Fran's son being hospitalized. That means they should play defense. And if they play defense, they will blow Tennessee out the water. Tennessee just doesn't have the scoring to keep up.
    You could have found better angles when they were shitting the bed late in the season, bottom line when they need scoring late Marble has to step up, he did quite a bit early in the season but he gets lost in games quite a bit.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2774

yes, Marble is a very integral part to Iowa's success...but what makes them extremely dangerous is when Oglesby is hitting the 3's...that opens up their whole offense...but he's been shooting like shit the last several weeks or so and hence Iowa's losing streak and piss poor play.

aaron2406
    aaron2406's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6140

Do yourself a favor before you bet on Tennessee, and tell me how many games they have won by single digits. I love the vols but there is no way I would back them tomorrow night. Iowa for this guy.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Take Tennessee. They will stomp Iowa.

This reminds me of the Tennessee - Michigan line from 3 yrs ago. Tenn was a -1 point favorite despite playing badly down the stretch and in turmoil surrounding Bruce Pearl. Michigan beat them by 30.

This Iowa team has chemistry problems and are soft. Tenn way more athletic, tougher minded, and are playing with a chip on their shoulder. They gave Florida all they could handle and before that were destroying teams.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    non conference game tough to gauge

trap
    with this thinking you wouldn't bet ANY tournament game

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Quote Originally Posted by ReconSnarff View Post
    I forgot about this aspect when I posted earlier, one more reason to sttay off of this game. Way too much emotion involved and you never how that will tilt. You would think it would inspire Iowa but ti doesn't always turn out that way. FWIW, whoever wins this will probably win big.

Bet10Heinekens
    Bet10Heinekens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5044

RAS gave out Xavier

keep pounding Iowa RAS faithful, so I can get a better line with Tennessee

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20364

I'm not the type of bettor who brings in weird angles, but will McCaffery's son have an impact on Iowa? Negative or Positive? Or no effet at all. What do you think? Just a few days ago they found out McCaffery's son has a tumor on his thyroid gland. He is going in for a major surgery the morning of the game. McCaffery plans on making the game later that day if everything goes well. Apparently his son was close to the team.

Best wishes to the Fran, his son, and his family.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    I'm not the type of bettor who brings in weird angles, but will McCaffery's son have an impact on Iowa? Negative or Positive? Or no effet at all. What do you think? Just a few days ago they found out McCaffery's son has a tumor on his thyroid gland. He is going in for a major surgery the morning of the game. McCaffery plans on making the game later that day if everything goes well. Apparently his son was close to the team.

IMO Iowa isnt the team where that will have a positive effect, they cant stop anyone on the defensive end, Id favor this angle to have some positives if Iowa were a defensive minded team. So youll have two bullies in Stokes and Maymon, although undersized, reeking havoc on Iowa's slow bigs.

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

I dont believe in emotion either if its on a neutral site. If it was at Iowa, I'd think differently. But its not.

Analytics of the game: There are 2 things that Iowa depends on:

#1. Shooting Free Throws
    #2. Offensive Rebounding

2 things Tennessee does well:
    #1. They dont foul. (out of 330+ D1 teams, they are in the top 10% of least fouls per game)
    #2. They are among the best defensive rebound % teams in the country (in the top 3% of limiting opponents offensive rebounds).

Then you go to the eye test - and Tennessee has better athletes at every position.

If Tennessee does what they do normally (not foul and control the offensive rebounds) - they should win by 10 points.

ReconSnarff

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    I dont believe in emotion either if its on a neutral site. If it was at Iowa, I'd think differently. But its not.

Analytics of the game: There are 2 things that Iowa depends on:

#1. Shooting Free Throws
    #2. Offensive Rebounding

2 things Tennessee does well:
    #1. They dont foul. (out of 330+ D1 teams, they are in the top 10% of least fouls per game)
    #2. They are among the best defensive rebound % teams in the country (in the top 3% of limiting opponents offensive rebounds).

Then you go to the eye test - and Tennessee has better athletes at every position.

If Tennessee does what they do normally (not foul and control the offensive rebounds) - they should win by 10 points.
    Iowa fans travel. First they have been in the tournament in some time. If both teams play to their potential, Iowa will win.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

This is a tough one...

Tennessee has been so good down the stretch BUT SEC is not the big ten.
    iowa is so happy to be out of that grind of a conference season, playing tough opponents left and right.

I lean Tennessee because of their defense, athleticism, and downright gritty play. But tough one.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post

This situation has to boost Iowa somewhat. As horrific as they've played the past few weeks, they need something to light a spark. If they can play the way they played early-mid season, they will win. Conference supremacy as well...

First 123 Last