PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Why is VCU only -5 against Stephen F?

First glance at all early lines, this popped out at me

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

So did N. Mexico only at -3.5 vs. Stanford

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

I think it has a lot to do with their last loss vs. St. Joe's.
    I think VCU comes in hungry and I don't see them losing, though I don't know much at all about SF Austin.

Before the brackets came out and before yesterday's game, I thought VCU could be an Elite 8 team...still could, but they have a rough road.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

You can't ignore a 28 game winning streak.
    You make that line any bigger you're gonna get buried on the dog.

Not like VCU is a powerhouse team.

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5176

A better question would be why are they favored over SFA?

SFA is going to roll them!

BoS_010
    It's a marathon, not a sprint
    BoS_010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

The line opened VCU -8. Sharp money on Stephen F Austin; wouldn't be shocked if they win outright. Another line that stands out is Cincinnati -2.5 vs Harvard. Opened at 3.5. Perhaps another upset for Harvard in back-to-back tournaments?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrange View Post
    A better question would be why are they favored over SFA?

SFA is going to roll them!

Oh the comedy here

Vcu is tough as fukkin nails

They win by 10

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by BoS_010 View Post
    The line opened VCU -8. Sharp money on Stephen F Austin; wouldn't be shocked if they win outright. Another line that stands out is Cincinnati -2.5 vs Harvard. Opened at 3.5. Perhaps another upset for Harvard in back-to-back tournaments?
    cris opened 6 .. others 5/5' .. only money coming in right now is on vcu

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

The better thing to be mad about is the fact that we dont get the original lines before they are hammered down or readjusted.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

i think vcu wins and covers, actually thought austin was going to be a lower seed.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Vcu is 6.5 on my site

raydog

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    The better thing to be mad about is the fact that we dont get the original lines before they are hammered down or readjusted.
    what are you talking about? lines opened last night and you could bet them everywhere...not full limits, but still

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Drinker, gentleman's bet, I'll take Stephen F, you take VCU. Loser has to call the winner a distinguished gentleman.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    So did N. Mexico only at -3.5 vs. Stanford
    I love unm here maybe more than any other first round game at first glance

PAC 10 gonna struggle except I think ucla will outperform their ranking. People high on Oregon. Please. Az state blows too.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    what are you talking about? lines opened last night and you could bet them everywhere...not full limits, but still
    Well someone said it opened at 8 and I doubt that was ever seen by anyone here. Doesnt matter lines are hammered and adjusted all the time before we ever get a chance to bet on them.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    Drinker, gentleman's bet, I'll take Stephen F, you take VCU. Loser has to call the winner a distinguished gentleman.
    hipper throw in that's it's for 5 betpoints and you got yourself a goddamn deal

greenhippo

Done deal then 5 points and the title of distinguished gentleman and the envy of SBR.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

raydog

Well someone said it opened at 8 and I doubt that was ever seen by anyone here. Doesnt matter lines are hammered and adjusted all the time before we ever get a chance to bet on them.
    lolz, no they arent... perhaps some of that still goes on in vegas in the nfl, but thats it... and thats questionable these days... there is a reason why you dont see full limits until game day

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

that was me that was according to someone on covers though, i think it was his own personal line, i misunderstood him, i was thinking 5.5 or 6 personally.

jtoler

lolz, no they arent... perhaps some of that still goes on in vegas in the nfl, but thats it... and thats questionable these days... there is a reason why you dont see full limits until game day
    I see lines every single day that when they come out they arnt what SBR and other places said they opened as, therefore theyve already been bet on or adjusted, or 5dimes are putting them up after theyve been bet on then. Sharps get these lines first I think, whether theyve adjusted after theyve gotten a hold of them or not.

greenhippo

You assume a lot of people aren't full of shit. See a ton of "I got them at +7.5" when the line never went above 7.

raydog

I see lines every single day that when they come out they arnt what SBR and other places said they opened as, therefore theyve already been bet on or adjusted, or 5dimes are putting them up after theyve been bet on then. Sharps get these lines first I think, whether theyve adjusted after theyve gotten a hold of them or not.
    like i said, this might(doubtful)go on with nfl only...the wise tale was that they give some sharps the lines and with mini limits, let them bet it... unfortunately, the sharps are out for money, so line manipulation came into play... sharps dont get to hit ncaa hoops openers before the public and adjust what cris puts out... what you see is what it is..

bol sets early lines for everything, but as soon as cris and pinny post odds, bol runs around like mad in order to copy their lines.
    Last edited by raydog; 03-17-14 at 12:54 PM.

jtoler

like i said, this might(doubtful)go on with nfl only...the wise tale was that they give some sharps the lines and with mini limits, let them bet it... unfortunately, the sharps are out for money, so line manipulation came into play... sharps dont get to hit ncaa hoops openers before the public and adjust what cris puts out... what you see is what it is..

bol sets early lines for everything, but as soon as cris and pinny post odds, bol runs around like mad in order to copy their lines.
    Perhaps...cant bet at cris so cant get to them. I just know I see 5dimes lines when they first come out and many times on certain games the line will already be a point or two away from what SBR said it opened as, this is in college bball.

raydog

Perhaps...cant bet at cris so cant get to them. I just know I see 5dimes lines when they first come out and many times on certain games the line will already be a point or two away from what SBR said it opened as, this is in college bball.
    sbrodds is slow... you can bet at bookmaker or dsi (both owned by cris) and their openers come out at the same time... you cant depend on sbrodds to have lines out the minute they are released... only trust the paid lines services for this

artyfudgepacker
    artyfudgepacker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

watching vcu ,realized they cant really shot from long range .but there d will get them throw rd 1

jtoler

sbrodds is slow... you can bet at bookmaker or dsi (both owned by cris) and their openers come out at the same time... you cant depend on sbrodds to have lines out the minute they are released... only trust the paid lines services for this
    Not sure youre understanding what Im saying. Again when say a Tuesday game comes out Monday night on 5 dimes say -5, sbr will show it opened -6 indicating its been bet down already or adjusted. When nba lines come out tonight no at least one game will have already done such from sbr's opener. Perhaps 5dimes is putting the lines out alot later than cris?