Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

pac 12 got screwed...

yeah 5 teams made it to the dance but why put all of them in 2 brackets?

doesn't make sense...

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are they all in two brackets? That does suck for rooting interest, don't think I have ever seen that before. As a bigeast fan in the old days we got more teams then anyone and they always seemed to be equally dispersed .

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

yup 3 in the south and 2 in the west.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Arizona has it easy.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

yeah they do. west probably the weakest bracket.

why not stick stanford or oregon in east and midwest though?

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

did arizona state switch conferences?

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

pac 12 is hot ass garbage....

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Was odd to see three in one bracket but ASU made it and Zona has a cake draw.

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Was odd to see three in one bracket but ASU made it and Zona has a cake draw.
    dont understand people saying zona has it easy.... they are not that good. short handed with no b-ash. they potentially play ok state who has way more weapons than zona. then they could see sdsu who has athleticism to match zona. then the 2 seed wisconsin... who can light them up and out coach the hell out of them.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by THam12 View Post
    dont understand people saying zona has it easy.... they are not that good. short handed with no b-ash. they potentially play ok state who has way more weapons than zona. then they could see sdsu who has athleticism to match zona. then the 2 seed wisconsin... who can light them up and out coach the hell out of them.
    Wisconsin is soft, can't defend worth shit. I don't see them even making it to the E8. OSU is tough but still an undisciplined team coached by a bum. SDSU, don't know much about really. No one has it easy but they may have it a bit easier. IMO

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

wisky has one of the most dynamic offenses ive seen. they move the ball and all 5 positions can stroke it. Kaminsky an amazing passing big man, Dekker can do it all

THam12
    Money is the motivation!

wisky has one of the most dynamic offenses ive seen. they move the ball and all 5 positions can stroke it. Kaminsky an amazing passing big man, Dekker can do it all
    and not to mention the beast of a freshman off the bench Nigel Hayes

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

conference gets 6 teams in and he says they got screwed

unrale

Cuse0323

Gotta be able to defend in the big dance. They can put up points but when that goes away for a game, bye bye. Could stay hot though, never know.

Jhart2838
    Jhart2838's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

If Pac-12 got screwed, then what term would you use for the AAC...Cavity search?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Riverside is the best team in the nation

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Jhart2838 View Post
    If Pac-12 got screwed, then what term would you use for the AAC...Cavity search?
    I like weak sauce, beat up on each other but played no one with a pulse OOC.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

People are saying Arizona has it easy because they have the easiest path to the Final Four. Whether or not they're still good enough to get there remains to be seen, but they were given a gift of a bracket, especially compared to Wichita State. Duke, Michigan, Louisville, AND Kentucky? Holy shit that's insane. Of course I think Wichita State is overrated so it doesn't bother me, except my school is also in that bracket and have no way in hell of making a cinderella run unless some crazy shit happens like both Duke/Louisville going down to Mercer/ Manhattan.

The Madcap

I like weak sauce, beat up on each other but played no one with a pulse OOC.

exactly. I mean Louisville dominated that conference all year but only had two meaningful OOC games (UK/UNC) and lost both of them. If you're going to go and lose to the 4th or 5th best team in the ACC and then go and dominate your conference the selection committee isn't going to then take your conference all that seriously. That's part of the reason SMU got "snubbed" from the field.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by The Madcap View Post
    exactly. I mean Louisville dominated that conference all year but only had two meaningful OOC games (UK/UNC) and lost both of them. If you're going to go and lose to the 4th or 5th best team in the ACC and then go and dominate your conference the selection committee isn't going to then take your conference all that seriously. That's part of the reason SMU got "snubbed" from the field.
    Yep, don't let anyone tell you your team doesn't belong. Top 3 player in the entire tourney, NCSU is no joke and come on, they have more talent than SMU. It's just a given.

The Madcap

Yep, don't let anyone tell you your team doesn't belong. Top 3 player in the entire tourney, NCSU is no joke and come on, they have more talent than SMU. It's just a given.
    Not to mention State's coach didn't come from the dirtiest program in NCAA history

(fyi: that would be UNC and not SMU for those of you who don't keep up with the news. And before you ask, the reason you haven't heard about it on Sportscenter is because ESPN's president is a UNC alum. This is also why UNC has their own basketball blog on ESPN.com and nobody else does.)

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Not to mention State's coach didn't come from the dirtiest program in NCAA history

(fyi: that would be UNC and not SMU for those of you who don't keep up with the news. And before you ask, the reason you haven't heard about it on Sportscenter is because ESPN's president is a UNC alum. This is also why UNC has their own basketball blog on ESPN.com and nobody else does.)
    elaborate on this please

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    elaborate on this please
    Only if you disclose your interest first, cause if you're some UNC fan just looking to argue about it/or keep pretending it never happened I don't give a shit. Go pick up a copy of Narnia if that's the world you want to live in.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

Only if you disclose your interest first, cause if you're some UNC fan just looking to argue about it/or keep pretending it never happened I don't give a shit. Go pick up a copy of Narnia if that's the world you want to live in.

im just curious and like hearing juicy stories like that. not a fan of any cbb team

couldn't care less about UNC guy

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

This. It's ridiculous how dirty that program is. They really went to town on that woman who tried to blow the whistle on them. I don't think she'll ever get another job.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post

im just curious and like hearing juicy stories like that. not a fan of any cbb team

couldn't care less about UNC guy

Well in short, over a couple decades ago (right about the time their hated rival Duke was winning back to back titles) they expanded a small sparsely populated major into an entire academic department they then used to hand out fake academic credits to their star athletes so that they could maintain their academic eligibility without ever having to go to class or do any actual work. Over the last 20 years pretty much every single team UNC's had that's accomplished anything significant in football, baseball, and men's/women's basketball has been stocked with rosters full of kids that could barely read and only kept academically eligible through the use of these fake/fraudulent classes that never met. And that's only one prong of it. There's also been a laundry list of luxury cars, up-scale condos, shell companies handing out bundles of cash gifts, covered-up parking tickets, sexual assaults, drug use and a whole bunch of other shady shit going on. Basically take every impermissible benefits/cheating/rape scandal you've seen covered by ESPN the last decade from USC/Ohio State/Miami/FSU/Memphis/Colorado and then quadruple it and multiply it by 30 years and you'd get close to what's happened at UNC. It's some rotten devious shit and it's only a matter of time before it's all exposed to the point everyone knows about it. Oh, and I forgot to mention the part where the NCAA has actually played a role in helping them cover it up. When all this shit finally comes out it's going to be one giant chaotic cluster fluck and will probably destroy the NCAA as we know it unless the power programs beat them to it. If you'd like to read some of the stuff that's already out there now I'd suggest you start here with Businessweek:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...whistle-blower

But you can also read more here at the NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/01/sp...ports&hpw&_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/06/op...ill.html?_r=1&

And there's all sorts of stuff all over the place if you know where to look

http://www.businessinsider.com/unc-o...classes-2014-1

http://nypost.com/2014/01/31/unc-sho...-amid-scandal/

And that's just the national news. The local reporting is a lot more in depth, but we're talking literally over a hundred articles and I'm not taking the time to link them, and I think they're archived behind a pay wall now anyway. If you're really that interested just wait a few months, there are going to be 3-4 books coming out about it written by some of the investigative teams who have covered the story and pissed off UNC faculty members who are sick and tired of the university trying to get away with it and cover it up instead of owning up to it.
    Last edited by The Madcap; 03-17-14 at 06:00 AM.

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by James Marques View Post
    This. It's ridiculous how dirty that program is. They really went to town on that woman who tried to blow the whistle on them. I don't think she'll ever get another job.

When the story about the death threats came out I almost couldn't believe it, but then I remembered it was UNC. Pretty sure those guys would all murder their grandmothers if it meant they were able to keep their national championship banners hanging in the Dean Dome. Most despicable lot of people I've ever met. And the most hilarious part of it all to me is how much the rest of the country tends to hate Duke as opposed to UNC. They have no idea. Yeah Duke might recruit some snotty flopping cry babies that are hard to tolerate at times, but they ain't got shit on the crap UNC's been doing.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thins year you are hearing so many complaints because so many teams are so good, there is massive parity now in college hoops.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Thins year you are hearing so many complaints because so many teams are so bad, there is massive parity now in college hoops.
    fixed it for you

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Zona has it tough pretty much right off the bat!
    I can see the #8/#9 team beating them in 2nd round and then SD State is still one of my sleepers as long as they take care of bizness in 1st round!

I was liking St. Joe's and Tulsa as sleepers too, but their 1st round match-ups are gonna be super-tough.

You mad bro
    You mad bro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -23

another stupid fukkin thread

you have no idea about basketball

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Of course I think Wichita State is overrated so it doesn't bother me, except my school is also in that bracket and have no way in hell of making a cinderella run unless some crazy shit happens like both Duke/Louisville going down to Mercer/ Manhattan.
    Wichita State is maybe the most underrated team in the tourney!! Why do you think they're overrated? The #1 seed?

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Wichita State is maybe the most underrated team in the tourney!! Why do you think they're overrated? The #1 seed?

How can you be underrated when you're ranked #2 in both polls and get a 1 seed?

I say they're overrated because they haven't really played anybody this year. Their SOS is 111. Their best non-conf win was either St. Louis, or at home against Tennessee, which is hilarious considering that the last team in the field (NC State) had their best non-conf win also against Tennessee, except they did it in Knoxville. Not saying Wichita State isn't capable, just saying they've done nothing THIS season to justify it.